British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
eide67

Leicester v Edinburgh 11/9/21 7pm

8 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Josh is always good value round Leicester

He is most places to be honest. I remember seeing him at the press and practice in his first season and think I described him as a loonie. He still had a bit of that in him but is a very accomplished rider these days. 

• Like 1

Cracking point with only 5 scorers. 

Kye having his worst meeting to date since arriving here been a breath of fresh air this season. I’m sure he’ll be back amongst the points tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Fighting point for the Monarchs - back up to 6th place on our own in the +/- table. Good performance from Jordan Jenkins as guest.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Cracking point with only 5 scorers. 

Kye having his worst meeting to date since arriving here been a breath of fresh air this season. I’m sure he’ll be back amongst the points tomorrow. 

You know who is at reserve tomorrow ?

One thing I will say for Edinburgh is they have nice big clear numbers on the back of their race jackets, something all other clubs could learn from. 

1 hour ago, Endeavour said:

You know who is at reserve tomorrow ?

Connor Bailey I believe.

Just got back in from the Lions Den. 

Very good meeting with gud battling displays from the Thompson Twins & Jordan Jenkins. 

Sum cracking racing, Pickering as taken a liking for Leicester and gave it everything he had. 

Anders Rowe & Drew Kemp, thought I'd see better performances from these two talented lads. Might excuse Kemp a bit as he was over in Bydgoszcz last night. 

Good win for the Lions and a very deserved point for the Monarchs. 

Crowd was thin though. Shame coz if folk stayed away to watch the GP on tv they missed a gud meeting. Shame on folk who do that!.......set yer sky box to record! 

Edited by PirateShip

You lucky bugger missing the Vojens GP and seeing live speedway racing.

The only consolation for me is watching the tennis and knowing Lewis Hamilton will not win BBC Sports Personality of the Year!

Just now, JanAndersen said:

Thanks for posting. That's class from Josh.

No problem at all. It wasn’t a bad meeting on the whole. A couple of decent races last night.
Heat 3 - Douglas made a shocker of gate but reeled Kye in to steal 3rd on the line. 
Heat 7 saw a good battles between Andersen/Pickering, but Hans held off every move. 
Heat 10 was a another good race Morris/Pickering later on. Morris with a clean gate off 4 to go around Josh and Masters (TS) but unlike heat 7, Pickering dived under Nick into bend 1 lap 4 to take the lead. Nick was unlucky with the cut back off bend 2, lap 4as it didn’t have enough legs to get back under Josh into bend 3, lap 4. A good race nonetheless. 

Special mention to Jordan Jenkins who rode a great race to stop every one of Hans’ moves in heat 4. Another mention to Joe Thompson, who also produced a great last bend swoop on Jenkins (heat 11) when he made up loads of ground to pass him on the run to the line. 

Overall, about a 7/10 meeting with a few good races thrown in. 

• Like 1

The racing was generally rubbish last night with it all being over by bend 2 of lap 1... with the exception of races that Josh Pickering was in, he was great value. Track was underwatered and all the dirt had gone off the line by heat 3. Crowd looked poor, but that's what you get when you don't promote it... even Lenny the Lion couldn't be bothered lol

Lions will have to up their game if they are to win anything this year