British Speedway Forum
Endeavour

Play off Q/F Edinburgh v Redcar Friday 1st and Sunday 3rd October

1 hour ago, TheScotsman said:

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

My comments have pretty much all been made already - the heat 1 panic; missing Josh round bend 4; etc.

But it was great to have the different camera angles - especially the ones showing the starts. Some replay mechanism and maybe some interviews would be great additions.

Especially when the tractors are out - they really seemed to take an eternity, but the track seemed to be in great nick, despite the early benefit of starting from gate 4. One of the cameras - pointing back up to the start and the 4th bend was maybe a touch darker than the others.

The commentary team were excellent - very professional and not too home biased.

And really good value at £9.99.

Well done and good luck with future streaming.

Replays and interviews are almost good to go, I definitely think they're needed additions too.

Really helpful feedback though, I appreciate that!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Gr8scot said:

Nothing beats being trackside but I applaud all the tracks providing streaming. It is definitely warmer on the sofa but we enjoyed our trip to Redcar yesterday (as usual).  My wee dog loved it too 

It wouldn’t stop me attending personally,but there is an income to be made after the initial cost.Monarchs have that side of it well I hand compared  to most  Clubs.

1 hour ago, Gr8scot said:

From what I heard, he he injured the tip of his pinkie and index finger and has no idea how that could’ve happened as the two fingers between are fine. It is very sore but he has been doing exercises and hoping to be back ASAP, maybe even tonight - made of tough stuff these speedway riders. Best wishes to Michael and hope he makes the right decision as I suspect tonight is too soon

Ruled out of tonight. Lewis Kerr replaces him 

15 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

It wouldn’t stop me attending personally,but there is an income to be made after the initial cost.Monarchs have that side of it well I hand compared  to most  Clubs.

I do wonder if Glasgow will continue with it next season. And if they do if maybe been using QTV this season so know what's required to go solo next season. 

As you say with every penny of the 12quid going to Edinburgh for their stream but a fair bit less for ours must be looking to make more from it

8 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I do wonder if Glasgow will continue with it next season. And if they do if maybe been using QTV this season so know what's required to go solo next season. 

As you say with every penny of the 12quid going to Edinburgh for their stream but a fair bit less for ours must be looking to make more from it

Will imagine QTV will pay likes of Craigan a fair whack.

8 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Tbh I preferred it when was Michael and Phil lanning

12 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Does Stephen Craigan to the commentary for Tigers TV?

1 minute ago, JanAndersen said:

He has done for majority of meetings yes

1 hour ago, Endeavour said:

I would pay Craigan just too shut up for 10 mins , his jaw muscles must be solid.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JanAndersen said:

Unfortunately yes.

21 hours ago, Endeavour said:

Any idea who the Scots guy was on the comms.

That was indeed me...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mythman666 said:

That was indeed me...

Well done. We’re you guesting for Redcar?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Well done. We’re you guesting for Redcar?

Thank you very much. Yeah something like that!

It's been an incredible amount of fun to be a part of this project and the guys involved have put in hours and hours to get to this point. 

17 hours ago, Endeavour said:

You have to remember that Stephen is a Glasgow fan and that when the speedway clashed with his football commitments he chose the football, hence the need for stand-ins like Phil. This would suggest that his football work is more lucrative than the speedway. I would imagine that Michael, being a co-promoter, and Phil who is at Glasgow every week, would have done it for nothing or perhaps for a free pie and soft drink :lol:

1 hour ago, SharpenRake said:

You have to remember that Stephen is a Glasgow fan and that when the speedway clashed with his football commitments he chose the football, hence the need for stand-ins like Phil. This would suggest that his football work is more lucrative than the speedway. I would imagine that Michael, being a co-promoter, and Phil who is at Glasgow every week, would have done it for nothing or perhaps for a free pie and soft drink :lol:

I rather think Michael gets more than one pie..........

• Haha 1