British Speedway Forum
Endeavour

Play off Q/F Edinburgh v Redcar Friday 1st and Sunday 3rd October

Just now, PirateShip said:

Jeez, ur totally missing the point. The Facenna's are among the best there is for promoting the sport and the track and stadium are also up there.

Wrong timing for me despite the top riders being ere. When Glasgow had that other test match it was at the beginning of the season not at the end when the domestic season is gonna struggle to complete itself.

The other way to look at it is they've given up a fixture to promote the sport as a whole rather than just the club.

Given state of ko cup I don't see season being finished anyway. Why was increased to 6 in play offs god only knows

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Can the Premiership take Poole (and their whiny fanbase) back please? 

ermmmmm.........pot calling the kettle black there me thinks!!

39 minutes ago, sparks123 said:

I wonder what I was doing for the two days I took off my work (holidays) to fit sockets, new lights, heaters, help with the painting etc. I thought it was for the first aid room (that FIM wanted I think) but obviously it wasn't.

I will agree it wasn't used as much as it could have been (luckily enough).

John then bought an ambulance so it therefore was never really used after that.

When the speedway started using the football changing room, I would suspect they would (if necessary) have use of the football room as well (would like to think as I replaced ballasts and lights in the rooms, hospitality area, toilets and the showers).

I know the Tea Bar was kitted out to be the First Aid room,wasn’t used much like you say.I think I am correct in saying although we got another ambulance  but there were some difficulties about when it could leave the Stadium with injured riders therefore we reverted to using the County Ambulance again.There has not been 2 Ambulances for a number of seasons now.As for the football changing rooms that might be the case although never heard of it being used as first aid as it always seems to be conducted in the Ambulance in the Pits any time I have attended.Certainly not doubting your efforts for the Club though.

20 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

ermmmmm.........pot calling the kettle black there me thinks!!

Not really. I think a lot of us are bored with the entitled Pirates moaning their faces off because there is a little fixture congestion. It’s not like Friday and tonight were ideal situations for Edinburgh or Leicester. Also, good luck to Glasgow for getting high profile meetings at Ashfield. 

5 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Not really. I think a lot of us are bored with the entitled Pirates moaning their faces off because there is a little fixture congestion. It’s not like Friday and tonight were ideal situations for Edinburgh or Leicester. Also, good luck to Glasgow for getting high profile meetings at Ashfield. 

It is pot calling the kettle black coz ur whining about us Pirates allegedly whining.

So stop whining! :lol:

By the way, is it red or white whining? :rofl:

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, PirateShip said:

Jeez, ur totally missing the point. The Facenna's are among the best there is for promoting the sport and the track and stadium are also up there.

Wrong timing for me despite the top riders being ere. When Glasgow had that other test match it was at the beginning of the season not at the end when the domestic season is gonna struggle to complete itself.

It won't affect Glasgow. If they need to fit in dates they will. Being able to run any night of the week they'll just run 2/3 times a week if they absolutely need to.

3 hours ago, PirateShip said:

It is pot calling the kettle black coz ur whining about us Pirates allegedly whining.

So stop whining! :lol:

By the way, is it red or white whining? :rofl:

Red or white? Not got a clue what you’re talking about. 

3 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

It won't affect Glasgow. If they need to fit in dates they will. Being able to run any night of the week they'll just run 2/3 times a week if they absolutely need to.

While it won’t effect it being run,it might effect crowd levels with some many meetings in a short space of time.

7 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

While it won’t effect it being run,it might effect crowd levels with some many meetings in a short space of time.

Possibly but there certainly won’t be fewer people through the gates across two meetings as there would be for one. 

11 hours ago, PirateShip said:

I dont get why the test match upsets you so much . We're in the fortunate position to own our stadium,  so we could squeeze a test match in that week and aqueeze anything else in any other day as long as the other club and riders agreed . 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I suspect the weather will be a bigger factor than the number of meetings, in October. And the timing of the Test match is a bit of a moot point. When else would it run? There’s no way it runs any other time this season. The Test match will also bring in a wider audience than our normal meetings.

The biggest problem for Glasgow the last two weeks hasn’t been getting meetings on due to weather or available race days. It’s been having an opponent to race. Thankfully we’ve got the Monarchs tonight. Maybe we’ll get them next weekend too.

Anyway back to the present , let's set about this mob from the east today and see if we can take a decent lead over to Armadale for the second leg . 

No more of this beautiful Sunday nonsense haha 

Edited by Paulco
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

I suspect the weather will be a bigger factor than the number of meetings, in October. And the timing of the Test match is a bit of a moot point. When else would it run? There’s no way it runs any other time this season. The Test match will also bring in a wider audience than our normal meetings.

The biggest problem for Glasgow the last two weeks hasn’t been getting meetings on due to weather or available race days. It’s been having an opponent to race. Thankfully we’ve got the Monarchs tonight. Maybe we’ll get them next weekend too.

There was certainly no other time in the season to get these Riders to attend for a test Match.Certainly some good fixtures to come if the weather holds out.

11 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Well maybe we are bored waiting for Edinburgh and Leicester to complete meetings! When they both got rained off originally, they waited a whole week to redo it, when they could have rode on an off race night. So now they have been called off due to unforeseen circumstances, just made it a lot worse considering they could have held it midweek.