British Speedway Forum

Sorry.....Highwaypeople then. My bad

15 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Sorry.....Highwaypeople then. My bad

and did you mean native Americans or Indians, i.e. someone from India?

1 minute ago, The Third Man said:

and did you mean native Americans or Indians, i.e. someone from India?

I think you are more likely to find Indians living near the English- Welsh border, but i have to admit it is a long time since i was there. Things might have changed 

4 hours ago, Fullmax said:

Just wondering what all the kids starting out in the sport think about all the negativity regarding the  Cardiff GP.

I can't believe there isn't one young British rider who hasn't dreamt about riding in Cardiff in a GP (and perhaps the Polish Extraliga as well) The Stadium has a "wow" factor about it which Belle Vue (and no other Stadium in the UK) despite being one of the best racetracks in the world sadly doesn't. 

By all means have a 2nd British GP elsewhere but leave Cardiff alone. 

Would agree to a certain extent but the track curator has a duty of care to the riders to provide a track that is safe. They in turn can race.

Cardiff is a vibrant city and I enjoy my trips there. Some hotels have trebled their prices from the 2020 ones.

Never been to a Grand Prix abroad but I think it is something many folk would consider for next year.

15 hours ago, Endeavour said:

Would agree to a certain extent but the track curator has a duty of care to the riders to provide a track that is safe. They in turn can race.

Cardiff is a vibrant city and I enjoy my trips there. Some hotels have trebled their prices from the 2020 ones.

Never been to a Grand Prix abroad but I think it is something many folk would consider for next year.

I think you may find that hotels in the big cities will increase the prices when ANY big how is in town.

Edited by OveFundinFan
  • Like 1

Seen on fb attendance was 19000!!!

10 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Was this for the Saturday or the Sunday?.

9 minutes ago, customhouseregular said:

Was this for the Saturday or the Sunday?.

Sat.

1 hour ago, auntie doris said:

That's about half what it used to be.

1 hour ago, auntie doris said:

Sat.

19,000?.Really?.. is this a new low for Cardiff?. Sad state of affairs if yes. I know the days of Wembley WF’s are long gone, but 19,000 for the premier meeting is abysmal. People are asking for a second GP!.

3 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

I think you may find that hotels in the big cities will increase the prices when ANY big snow is in town.

Not sure that's correct Warsaw GP weekend holiday Inn 4* with breakfast 3 nites £145 premier Inn Cardiff room only £335 3 nites, far cheaper to go to Poland, but better craic in Cardiff . Unfortunately due to holiday commitment next September Cardiff a no go. So looks like another trip abroad for a GP 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, customhouseregular said:

19,000?.Really?.. is this a new low for Cardiff?. Sad state of affairs if yes. I know the days of Wembley WF’s are long gone, but 19,000 for the premier meeting is abysmal. People are asking for a second GP!.

Remember, there have been several factors at play recently which can be considered legitimate reasons for a reduced crowd.

5 hours ago, chunky said:

Remember, there have been several factors at play recently which can be considered legitimate reasons for a reduced crowd.

Granted, but a drop of this size should be a cause for concern, particularly as it was a 2 meeting weekend.

6 hours ago, chunky said:

No matter how many legitimate reasons there may be for such attendance … when does it cease to be financially viable ?

• Like 1