British Speedway Forum
OdsalBoy

Sheffield Tigers 2022

3 hours ago, 4thbender said:

I could understand riders basing themselves in the town if there was a French National Speedway Stadium in the locality, but these riders were born there. What could explain that?

I used to race sidecars in Europe under the same sponsorship umbrella as Dinitri’s father Phillipe. Dimi and Adam were born in the same hospital a few months apart and have been friends most of their lives. They, along with David Bellego have all known each other a long time and hang out and train together in the closed season.  

This part of France has been the hotbed of French grass track for over 70 years, there is a fledgling speedway league which has now been running for a few years and is going from strength to strength. 

• Like 2

Think you need your head checking if you wouldn't have Ellis back next season. Was one of the very few good things about last season.

I'd hope we'd be looking at bringing back Berge as well. Was a while ago now but I thought he was absolutely class round owlerton when he rode for us and I don't think we'd get much better riders on a 4.14 average.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, spin king junior said:

Think you need your head checking if you wouldn't have Ellis back next season. Was one of the very few good things about last season.

I'd hope we'd be looking at bringing back Berge as well. Was a while ago now but I thought he was absolutely class round owlerton when he rode for us and I don't think we'd get much better riders on a 4.14 average.

Thought bellago was better plus berge is too temperamental....sorry.

13 hours ago, Jonny the spud said:

I used to race sidecars in Europe under the same sponsorship umbrella as Dinitri’s father Phillipe. Dimi and Adam were born in the same hospital a few months apart and have been friends most of their lives. They, along with David Bellego have all known each other a long time and hang out and train together in the closed season.  

This part of France has been the hotbed of French grass track for over 70 years, there is a fledgling speedway league which has now been running for a few years and is going from strength to strength. 

Guess that explains the conundrum, but why, when speedway has such a powerful foundation locally, has it not spread wider in France? When I was there in my student days my raving about the joys of speedway were simply met by blank stares. It didn’t even have a name – I used to have to describe it as “les courses de la piste en cindré.”

Maybe there will be a new speedway dynasty starting near to Limoges at some point in the future?!  Maybe the 'Briance' dynasty?:party:;)

It’s always been here in the south west of France. There are certain races from time to time elsewhere but it doesn’t catch on. 

remember, we have 6x the landmass of the UK. here 

On 10/29/2021 at 11:44 PM, Jonny the spud said:

It’s always been here in the south west of France. There are certain races from time to time elsewhere but it doesn’t catch on. 

remember, we have 6x the landmass of the UK. here 

Are there any more riders lined up on the conveyor belt that runs through that sleepy French town? I'm sure there are a number of British promoters willing to stake a claim based on the evidence of past graduates of the Marmande machine.

Seen on Facebook that next STAARS meeting is Thursday November 11th. Anyone tell me? is there usually some question and answer session, and what time does it normally start.

Thanks

4 hours ago, RS50 said:

Seen on Facebook that next STAARS meeting is Thursday November 11th. Anyone tell me? is there usually some question and answer session, and what time does it normally start.

Thanks

Usually there are riders or promotors drop in for a question and answer evening. Peter mole  Steady and Kyle are pretty regular at these meetings 

4 hours ago, RS50 said:

Thanks

Only ever been to 2 STAARS meetings.

They usually have at least one person from the club attend, Peter Mole is nearly always there.

They have had some sort of Q/A when I have been but like I say I have only ever been twice.

How about? 2021 team building rules!

Sheffield
Jack Holder 8.68
Brady Kurtz 7.35
Josh Pickering.7.06
Kyle Howarth 6.03
Danyon Hume 3.26
Stefan Nielsen 3.11
Dan Thompson 4*
Total 35.49

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Sheffield
Jack Holder 8.68
Brady Kurtz 7.35
Josh Pickering.7.06
Kyle Howarth 6.03
Danyon Hume 3.26
Stefan Nielsen 3.11
Dan Thompson 4*
Total 35.49

next year is 2022 :rofl:

2 minutes ago, NSS1 said:

next year is 2022 :rofl:

I know, but I don't know the rules so having to use 2021s rules!

23 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Sheffield
Jack Holder 8.68
Brady Kurtz 7.35
Josh Pickering.7.06
Kyle Howarth 6.03
Danyon Hume 3.26
Stefan Nielsen 3.11
Dan Thompson 4*
Total 35.49

Think Steady will learn from this season and not have rubbishe reserves. 

1 minute ago, Panthers99 said:

Think Steady will learn from this season and not have rubbishe reserves. 

I agree the bottom end looks very weak, hoping the points limit is raised for 2022!