British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

3 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

I think Edinburgh have access to some - I’m sure someone mentioned Ronnie Anderson had covers. Might have been an idea to tap him up for them. 

Ronnie did give Glasgow a loan of his haps, I don't think it's the first time either. :t::cheers:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

I think Edinburgh have access to some - I’m sure someone mentioned Ronnie Anderson had covers. Might have been an idea to tap him up for them. 

Glasgow still have them.

• Thanks 1

Can’t see a threat to the meeting. Heavy rain today will pass for a most dry wi dry day tomorrow, and a day day Tuesday with sunny periods.

17 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Can’t see a threat to the meeting. Heavy rain today will pass for a most dry wi dry day tomorrow, and a day day Tuesday with sunny periods.

I did see on one forecast some rain Monday morning but nothing much after that so hopefully should be ok. All the best for your trip. Hope we don't lose by too many. 

19 hours ago, Gazc said:

Sad news that Michael Facenna has sadly passed away , played a huge part in the takeover and a lot off the initial upgrades RIP Michael a big loss to the club.

Very sad news,I’m sure every Tigers supporter will be truly grateful for what he has done for the Club.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Gazc said:

Sad news that Michael Facenna has sadly passed away , played a huge part in the takeover and a lot off the initial upgrades RIP Michael a big loss to the club.

Missed this post. Very sad news. RIP

• Like 1

Having married a Glasgow lass who was living in England and being an englishman becoming apart of a very welcoming scottish family , i was advised whilst out and about in Scotland to be wary of the fact that some  see certain terms used to describe a scotsman as being very offensive and some of those terms have been used on this thread,  so i can see why some have not taken it as banter and others not realising the terms are being taken as offensive.

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 3

Commiserations to all at Glasgow Tigers on the sad news of the passing of Michael Facenna.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Having married a Glasgow lass who was living in England and being an englishman becoming apart of a very welcoming scottish family , i was advised whilst out and about in Scotland to be wary of the fact that some  see certain terms used to describe a scotsman as being very offensive and some of those terms have been used on this thread,  so i can see why some have not taken it as banter and others not realising the terms are being taken as offensive.

You get it some off the banter has been poor but I put it down to ignorance.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Gazc said:

Awful news.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

But it seems it’s best to avoid the main cities where the welcome isn’t as friendly as the folk who live in more rural areas.

Sorry but that's just complete tosh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

I think this is fair. I’m not necessarily offended though I just think it’s a bit wide of the mark and not very funny. I wouldn’t go about calling Irish people paddys for example. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

You get it some off the banter has been poor but I put it down to ignorance.

35 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

I think this is fair. I’m not necessarily offended though I just think it’s a bit wide of the mark and not very funny. I wouldn’t go about calling Irish people paddys for example. 

Had some laughs with the different terminology for things ,    when father in law came down for our wedding, the next day i took all the men to the local supermarket for the reception continuation supplies , at the checkout he asked the young girl if he could have a wee poke to say she was a bit shocked was an understatement and it was my turn to advise the young girl what he was actually just asking for,

• Haha 1

Whilst the whole "jock" thing doesn't really offend me I do wonder what people opinions would be of other derogatory terms used to describe a race of people. Don't see why the faux offended on here think things like that are acceptable. As far that nonsense that the people in our cities are less friendly than elsewhere what utter BS. Spend more than 5 minutes in the country before coming out with sweeping generalisations. I got slaughtered for generalising your fan base you've just generalised about 2m people.

• Like 1

Think it's all getting a bit silly on here now.Time to award the 2021 Pointless Trophy to one of these teams by toss of a coin,shut down this thread and look forward to sunny days next summer following a popular and successful Annual Gathering of Muppets.