British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, SlicktrackSandy said:

Double thumbs up to that one too !   For the final Fab 4 my choice to keep within the 42.00 points limit would be :

Castagna..........5.52

Frederiksen......5.00

Ruml..................4.00

Jsh McDonald...4.00 *   

* Or Sargeant ...4.10

Yes - just as Kye Thomson this year LF is a bit of a gamble, but it did pay off this time. The way things are shaping up now, a new import 5.00 looks to be on the cards for 2022 also and I think the the management may well have sympathy for Frederiksen's disappointment last year, bearing in mind he was actually pictured in the starting 7.   Having said that, we could all be way off the mark and got it completely wrong which is not unknown !

fredericksen would be a good shout looked good in GP qualifier using sam jensen’s bikes maybe a new aussie and one that was around last season bit think british based rider have got to be something clubs will look at if travel restrictions come back any rider travelling could be a problem 

1 hour ago, lewy said:

We had him at Plymouth last season and believe me I've never been so disappointed, he couldn't beat an egg. Home and away totally out of his depth especially gating and first turns he would actually wait for everyone to go before he dropped the clutch he looked as though he was afraid. Nice enough lad love him to prove me wrong. 

Yeah obviously something amiss. Ive watched all the highlight reels on the french league and he looks good  what a shame  especially on that low an average too

1 minute ago, ljriley90 said:

Yeah obviously something amiss. Ive watched all the highlight reels on the french league and he looks good  what a shame  especially on that low an average too

He looks really good on his home track in the French league but seems to struggle a bit when away.

The difference between his home and away scores is quite large.

11 minutes ago, HenryW said:

He looks really good on his home track in the French league but seems to struggle a bit when away.

The difference between his home and away scores is quite large.

His home track is owned by his father and he's grown up riding it,it's big and fast very wide and I thought when Plymouth went to scunny last season he would be good,quite the opposite unfortunately he can definitely ride a speedway bike fast but in traffic and tight starts he really struggled, he may have progressed in the last 9 months I don't know,he's got great backing and keen as mustard so maybe worth a punt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lewy said:

His home track is owned by his father and he's grown up riding it,it's big and fast very wide and I thought when Plymouth went to scunny last season he would be good,quite the opposite unfortunately he can definitely ride a speedway bike fast but in traffic and tight starts he really struggled, he may have progressed in the last 9 months I don't know,he's got great backing and keen as mustard so maybe worth a punt.

Good insight, thanks pal

7 hours ago, Cookiefan said:

He is doing well in Argentina championship 

Wouldn’t be difficult awful level over there.

5 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Paco Castanga would be a good signing I think

Would disagree, main body of the team got his average mainly from reserve and wasn’t very good away from Perry Barr.

1 hour ago, lewy said:

I saw him at Scunny and actually thought he looked relatively fast but as you say he was awful out of the gate and didn't want to mix it up in the first corner.. also saw him at the SON and didnt look any better 

Well we’ll all find out on Sunday at 7pm as there will be a live online show to announce the side.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lewy said:

We had him at Plymouth last season and believe me I've never been so disappointed, he couldn't beat an egg. 

What is the egg's average?

18 hours ago, lewy said:

Another justin elkins spent so  much time riding on his own he was scared of riders getting close to him.He was pants at glasgow in gp qualifier i believe too.

18 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Well we’ll all find out on Sunday at 7pm as there will be a live online show to announce the side.

Oh no, you are going to beat us to it! Be interesting to see who Edinburgh announce. 

1 hour ago, Dekker said:

Another justin elkins spent so  much time riding on his own he was scared of riders getting close to him.He was pants at glasgow in gp qualifier i believe too.

Elkins I thought wasnt too bad a rider , just had more engine failures than every other combined but when he completed four laps he didnt seem too bad. I remember him coming out in heat 15 one year at Newport and ruining either Wato or Anders maximum and done pretty well that night in the return leg back at Reading.