British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Not at all. The Danish season is quite short comparatively - hence how Poole were able to sign Basso up mid-season.

Pretty sure  It was a shorter season this year dew the the covid but usually starts around may/june  till the end of September 

Why are Poole taking so long to announce King,Worrall, Lawson, Cook brothers that'll be the top 5 imo.

Amazing how fans of other clubs are so desperate to see the Pirates 2022 announced. one thing it will be. Title chasing as usual. Expect us to be a the pointy end come the playoffs.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Amazing how fans of other clubs are so desperate to see the Pirates 2022 announced. one thing it will be. Title chasing as usual. Expect us to be a the pointy end come the playoffs.

Not just them, me too!! :D Birmingham only confirmed last week and have already announced two riders.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

They want to see who the best team is :party:

On 12/10/2021 at 10:44 PM, Gazc said:

Don’t disagree with you but similar happened to us with David Bellego a few seasons back.

Suppose we will find out sometime or in the case of the ruling body probably sometime never.

That's one of the cases I was using.

I thought that David had raced 10 or 11 meetings for Glasgow and that's how he didn't become an asset due to not racing in 12 official meetings.

36 minutes ago, sparks123 said:

That's one of the cases I was using.

I thought that David had raced 10 or 11 meetings for Glasgow and that's how he didn't become an asset due to not racing in 12 official meetings.

Think you are correct we wrongly thought he had ridden in enough official meetings , turned out he didn't and Berwick pounced if memory serves me right he was one meeting short to become the asset we thought he was. 

3 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

Theres no wonder fans of other sides want Poole to fail as there fans have an arrogance about them 

Not all of us fall into that category, believe me.  I've criticised Matt Ford and his dodgy dealings many times over the years.  I'm also no fan of Shovlar.

• Like 7

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2021 at 11:49 AM, Skidder1 said:

Not at all. The Danish season is quite short comparatively - hence how Poole were able to sign Basso up mid-season.

How many meetings did he miss due to fixture clashes, even after signing mid-season?

47 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

How many meetings did he miss due to fixture clashes, even after signing mid-season?

Only one due to fixture clashes, although early on after signing he had visa and covid issues so missed a few.

He also missed a couple in October due to rib injuries picked up in the Danish play-offs.

Poole will be challenging. It's in there DNA. I expect Worral and Danny king and Lawson as the 3 heat leaders. That's going to take some stopping .

3 hours ago, ScottyJ said:

Poole will be challenging. It's in there DNA. I expect Worral and Danny king and Lawson as the 3 heat leaders. That's going to take some stopping .

That is a top three to match all championship clubs. It’s going to be hard for any club, and all the Pirates strings job will be is to pick up third places.  So a good chance a heat will either be a 4-2 or a 3-3. To get a 5-1 against us is going to be tough. The only heats we don’t have one of our top three will be 2, 8 and 14.  

However we do need scoring reserves. If it’s Drew Kemp, it gives us a solid reserve who can cover one ride from the other reserve, as well as coming in if either of a second strings are struggling.  Add in heat 13 and 15 where we will be strong, and Pirates are going to be tough to beat. Certainly the chance of getting beaten by a margin is slim and over two legs should be formidable.

• Like 1