British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Panthers v Stars 18/04/22 5pm

Very poor meeting, even worse referee, & a complete imbecile on back straight that was shouting at Panthers fans reference the ridiculous rerun. He also claimed Lynn have got 5 number ones, & will win the league !! Well deserved win for Lynn, but a very bad day for speedway in my opinion.

Totally deserved win for Lynn , think they would probably still won if MPT  had not been injured. Apart from tapes farce, has the rule re going over centre green on way to tapes been rescinded?

On 4/14/2022 at 9:44 PM, scoobydoo said:

If the Panthers win this meeting on Monday that's them with one foot in the final against Sheffield 

Oh hokey cokey , oh hokey cokey cokey :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Bit miffed at at people saying slick track suited Lynn,,, the Panthers were pretty good at Foxhall on a very slick track,,, but then again,, they were only up against Ipswich. 

Think the difference was the Panthers we’re expecting the track to be the same as it was at home to Ipswich and it was totally different.

Their was no outside line.

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Think the difference was the Panthers we’re expecting the track to be the same as it was at home to Ipswich and it was totally different.

It is beyond comprehension that the track was prepared in a way that did not suit home riders or at the very least they did no know it was being prepared that way

• Like 2

The (very) slow entrance for those cars entering the car park through the gate near the track was baffling to us watching from the outside car park. If this contributed to the delayed start then  they need more than 1 person on the gate.  Plus they need the attendants further back towards the entrance to get cars into two separate lines. Basically i'm sure that with all that space at the showground entering the complex could have been much better managed. 

As for the track...very slick producing very close races but little actual overtaking.  I personally enjoyed having 16 races for the rice of 15! .. and I'm so used to delays I hardly noticed them!

Edited by Mike.Butler

On 4/17/2022 at 12:12 PM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I'd say both feet , arms body and head......:D

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Oh hokey cokey , oh hokey cokey cokey :D

Even you thought something along the same lines  and at least i did say IF 

Hokey Cokey , That was another trophy the Panthers won during the wilderness years of the Ipswich Witches isnt it   :t:

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Don't they do a track walk to get an idea of how the track may ride?

A fair result,the Stars definitely deserved that one.

Imo ht 11 should have stood after the first race,but i do agree with Brady in that it should have been re-run if Horley was on the ball and put the red lights on during the race to order a re-run.To do it after the race is just wrong.If she couldn't see the tapes from where she was maybe she should have gone with starting from the red and green lights.Don't think she even saw the massive jump in ht 3 from Kerr,or at least i didn't hear anything over the tannoy as that was pretty poor on bend 2.

The Iversen thing in ht 13,i maybe wrong but there is something in the back of my mind saying that rule was scrapped a year or two ago.

1 hour ago, Mike.Butler said:

The (very) slow entrance for those cars entering the car park through the gate near the track was baffling to us watching from the outside car park. If this contributed to the delayed start then  they need more than 1 person on the gate.  Plus they need the attendants further back towards the entrance to get cars into two separate lines. Basically i'm sure that with all that space at the showground entering the complex could have been much better managed. 

As for the track...very slick producing very close races but little actual overtaking.  I personally enjoyed having 16 races for the rice of 15! .. and I'm so used to delays I hardly noticed them!

This was because season ticket holders are allowed to park inside the stadium and they were backed up..causing ques back to where they pocket your £1... ridiculous. Another thing that added to a frustrating afternoon and for the first time ever I left before the end as I do don't want to get stuck in the carnage again..

16 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

This was because season ticket holders are allowed to park inside the stadium and they were backed up..causing ques back to where they pocket your £1... ridiculous. Another thing that added to a frustrating afternoon and for the first time ever I left before the end as I do don't want to get stuck in the carnage again..

The reason was that it was not made clear there should be two different queues  and a change of previous entry points.Also remember that BB holders ,Riders and VIP'S use same entrance. So called VIP's feel they don't have to queue and steam up the outside blocking everything.

Edited by wealdstone

22 minutes ago, tellboy said:

if Horley was on the ball and put the red lights on during the race to order a re-run.To do it after the race is just wrong.If she couldn't see the tapes from where she was maybe she should have gone with starting from the red and green lights.

Did the start marshal draw her attention to it? Isn't he in radio communication with the ref? He went back and had to release the inside of the tapes so could/ should have done something maybe?

Edited by iainb

7 minutes ago, iainb said:

Did the start marshal draw her attention to it? Isn't he in radio communication with the ref? He went back and had to release the inside of the tapes so could/ should have done something maybe?

I don't think the start  Marshall is in radio contact with the referee , it seems inconceivable to me that the ref did not see it as the ref is directly above the start looking down at it.  Also has the rule that riders not allowed to come across the centre green been rescinded? As NKI did this towards the end with no comment apart from the crowd. What other sport incidentally would allow  a club official to criticise a referee.

31 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Don't they do a track walk to get an idea of how the track may ride?

A fair result,the Stars definitely deserved that one.

Imo ht 11 should have stood after the first race,but i do agree with Brady in that it should have been re-run if Horley was on the ball and put the red lights on during the race to order a re-run.To do it after the race is just wrong.If she couldn't see the tapes from where she was maybe she should have gone with starting from the red and green lights.Don't think she even saw the massive jump in ht 3 from Kerr,or at least i didn't hear anything over the tannoy as that was pretty poor on bend 2.

The Iversen thing in ht 13,i maybe wrong but there is something in the back of my mind saying that rule was scrapped a year or two ago.

Clearly a track walk is different to actually riding it.

Whether the afternoon start and sun made a difference to normal conditions or the track man prepared it that way is open to conjecture but it was totally different to the Ipswich home meeting.

Lynn deserved to win as I said earlier.

I have known Horley for years and to my knowledge she has never been on the ball, on the retired list would be better.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

I don't think the start  Marshall is in radio contact with the referee ,

I'm pretty sure I saw him wearing an ear piece and a mic and was clearly communicating with somebody

• Like 1