British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON 2022 27th-30th July Vojens Denmark live on TV

39 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

To be fair to Lambert if he doesn't touch the tapes against Norway he probably goes unbeaten with Woffy for the rest of the meeting and there's no need for a run off but I think he will now be fortunate to be involved much on Saturday.

Yout know, people are slamming Lambert, but I'm in total agreement with you there.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chunky said:

Yout know, people are slamming Lambert, but I'm in total agreement with you there.

However that wasn’t the 1st time he has done that recently- he did it in Sweden and if memory serves me right GP’s as well.

Tonight`s excellent racecard from JK https://www.speedwayservice.at/images/racecards/2022/SoN2-2022.pdf

As we are now into the finals over the next 2 days(Saturday`s racecard i will post as soon as it`s done) it`s worth rembering that

After 21 heats the leading nation goes into the final

Heat 22 2nd and 3rd meet and the winners into the final

heat 23 the final

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Col said:

I had assumed that's what I was using, you didn't point out I'd got any of the Polish riders figures incorrect.

Is this incorrect 

Those are the averages for determining team order - the equivalent of our green sheets, so a fair representation. While we've used different data sets I think we agree on the central point.

https://www.svemo.se/Sporter/Resultat/Speedway/Serier/BAUHAUSLigan2022/Snittlista/

PS The stats on the svemo site are great, but why is it such a pain to navigate?

9 hours ago, wealdstone said:

spent a lot of time today getting discovery plus,however  could not see that this meeting was being shown. Anybody goy any ideas where I have gone wrong?

It wouldn't play on my browser so had to download 'dplay' app and it was easy to find on there. 

10 hours ago, wealdstone said:

spent a lot of time today getting discovery plus,however  could not see that this meeting was being shown. Anybody goy any ideas where I have gone wrong?

For the umpteenth time the SON will only show up in Discovery+ if you have the Discovery+ Entertainment AND Sports subscription :t:

Unless of course you're trying to be 'funny' after a couple of other posts, if that's the case then please disregard the above :t:

10 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Also doesnt work on the sky Q app i had yo use my firestick 

What has been the actual point of these two meetings? I've just whizzed through them and must say if I was watching speedway for the first time it would certainly be the last. The racing has been mediocre and drawn out although Poland had a scare. The crowd levels have been shocking though I know a few more locals will turn out for the final. I was never a fan of the World Cup but the SON is even worse. Can someone please tell me how having the likes of Norway, Italy and Ukraine race against Poland, Australia and GB is going to be entertaining? No disrespect to the smaller nations but it's like watching 2 Extraliga heat leaders take on 2 National league reserves - there is just no point to it. 

23 minutes ago, JamesHarris said:

Can someone please tell me how having the likes of Norway, Italy and Ukraine race against Poland, Australia and GB is going to be entertaining?

Before the 2 race-offs I think you may well have included Finland, France and the Czech Republic (looking at their rider line-up) in your list... and by the fact you haven't included those countries I think there in lies your answer

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, iainb said:

Before the 2 race-offs I think you may well have included Finland, France and the Czech Republic (looking at their rider line-up) in your list... and by the fact you haven't included those countries I think there in lies your answer

Exactly and surprise surprise when the minnows met the power house teams of course they were all 7-2`s ?? NO is the answer !!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

Exactly and surprise surprise when the minnows met the power house teams of course they were all 7-2`s ?? NO is the answer !!!

But when one of the "power house" teams doesn't get a 7-2 against a "minnow" like GB in their opening outing or Pol vs Ger & Pol vs Fin it adds real jeopardy to proceedings. I thought it made both semi's very watchable, not for the racing but the jeopardy of a power house team not qualifying

• Like 3

Too many negatives popping up, seems as the British way of speedway is in the dumps all other nations should be dragged down as well.

The "smaller" speedway nations need developing, it has been said on here for some time. Individual riders need developing. I was glad to see and event that has brought 15 nations into one competition, for sure it was expected that the current dominant nations would predictable dominate. But did they?                         

Some "minor" nations surprised the top guns, at least giving them a run during a race though may not be beating them to the tapes. Who was not surprised at Luke Becker scoring 19, including 3 race wins....that is more than any other rider in Semi-final 1. Or the exciting rides from Timi Salonen and Marko Levishyn. Who was expecting those rider in SF1 to perform like that.                       

In SF2 Milik showed form that he can still race, he scoring 19 along with Woffy and Berge. Who would expect Paco Castagna to race as he did and get 17, a lot more points then Robert and Dan put together. Who was expecting Matic Ivacic to show the pace he did.

Can you see the enthusiasm this must have put into the young riders in these "minor" countries. The success of riders in Vojens must create enthusiasm with potential sponsors in those countries. There were sure signs progress can be made, the efforts of riders in the last two nights really was exciting. Not all efforts were turned into points, but the potential was clear to me.

The crowds were poor, did the organisers see that coming? We dont know. Having 4 meetings in 4 days would mean supporters virtually spending a week in Denmark. Can many afford to do that. For sure there was a couple of supporters from GB there the last two nights, maybe others as well.  Perhaps the organisers should have seen a low attendance coming, especially for three rounds, and could have said "we wont televise it", then there would still have been grumblers. I happy to see what has been on so far, the effort put in by organisers and riders (especially riders) will see something better in years to come.  For the few riders from the last two meetings that will be riding tonight I wish them well and they dont get any injuries, a fewer numbers will be racing on Saturday in the main final as well, 3 meetings in 4 days is impressive.

Edited by OveFundinFan
  • Like 7