British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Poole v Leicester 08/06/22

1 hour ago, Happy Hunter said:

Quite correct! I'd filled my programme in assuming it would be awarded so didn't need to change it! Still can't see why it wasn't awarded though!

Because Drew was right behind Dan and a chance of a pass was still possible!

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Can't see us winning anything with only 4 riders and a misfiring King. I am sure he will eventually sort it (well I hope so), but its the reserves which give the biggest concern.

I attach no blame to young Nathan as it was expected although had hoped he would have picked up a few more points to justify his 2 point average. This team should be able to carry him though as it was their decision to go with 3 H/L. Once again its the issue of them all firing together.

Once again young Kemp is causing more head scratching. Off form for both Poole & Wolves. It seems to me that more riders of his age are overtaking him such as Gilkes, Edwards, Thompson/s, Brennan etc. Young riders can of course be inconsistent but he has been around  for the last 4 years and is he pushing on ??

Something has to give soon as we can't keep carrying 2 reserves and god knows what will happen with Kemp if Cook moves down to reserve.

I read somewhere that they were trying to address some issues with Kemp but no idea what they are. An on form Kemp is ok as we can carry Nathan, but with the triple issue of an off form King, poor returns from Kemp, then much as we may get into play offs it will be an issue in the later stages.

just throwing this out there but have been following Keynan Rew the young Aussie this season. Really smashing it in the Polish U24 League beating decent riders and way above our youngsters riding in same league. (scored paid 15 point max the other day - Zach scored 7 from 5 rides in opposition). Only 19 and believe was even mentioned as a potential for Poole sometime last season. Well recovered from injuries and really pushed on).

I wonder if the Fords may already be trying to persuade him if we could get him as a 4 point young Aussie with no experience in UK. As I say just a thought.

I’ve seen Rew a couple of times and reminds me of when Holder first arrived over here so wouldn’t let him in unless it’s a 7 average imo.

Kemp and Rowe appear to have hit the buffers riding wise and need a break otherwise they will be lost to the sport.

A stronger NDL wouldn’t do any harm but expecting these boys to ride in 3 leagues is too much.

18 minutes ago, Paulco said:

When he burst onto the scene with Ipswich , he looked a real prospect . Bit like Anders Rowe and Kyle Bickley , progress seems to have stalled 

Maybe the sport is asking too much from promising young riders too soon and some of them are burning out?

2 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

I can't understand why it wasn't awarded, especially as the ref held off putting the red lights on until they were coming off bend 4 of lap three.

i actually thought it was excellent refereeing, he held off the red lights to the last moment because joe was up very quickly from his fall ,got the bike up and seemed certain to clear the track but despite his efforts the rear of his bike was caught under the air fence and this delayed his escape and the lights had to come on.

• Like 1

Where did the original thread go?

Poole are always going to lose if one of the power three has a stinker because they've built a top heavy team that relies on the power three putting up over 30 every week. Harsh to blame Kemp for the defeat imo. 

16 minutes ago, TTT said:

Where did the original thread go?

Poole are always going to lose if one of the power three has a stinker because they've built a top heavy team that relies on the power three putting up over 30 every week. Harsh to blame Kemp for the defeat imo. 

Thread starter got banned apparently means their threads get banned too! lol

Only one Poole fan has said anything critical about Drew. Most of the comments are from other clubs fans. 

21 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Only one Poole fan has said anything critical about Drew. Most of the comments are from other clubs fans. 

The earlier comments I made about Kemp are an observation not a criticism. 

I am sure the Fords signed him as an up and coming rider who did a great job when he signed for Edinburgh after Eastbourne's demise. I am sure they expected to at least sign that rider which would easily have allowed Nathan to find his feet with hope he would score a bit more as season progressed.

They guy obviously has the potential as neither Poole or Wolves would have signed him. There were some negative comments at first that maybe he would not push on but early doors he laid that to rest with decent scores for both clubs. It has to be a bit of a concern coupled with Danny struggling which most unlike him.

The good news is we will almost certainly qualify for the play offs later this season. Doesn't matter if you finish top or not as Poole's strength was being best over 2 legs. Our reserves were a bonus last season but as it stands getting next to no points at home and possible away could be a problem, especially if Danny doesn't start getting back to double figure scores regularly.

With little money in the sport now I think Poole's options may be limited anyway if they do need to reshuffle later as little available (if anything here) and bringing riders over from abroad with equipment supply etc not easy.

I sincerely hope Drew can resolve the issues and get back to scoring and showing what we know he is capable of producing in both Prem & Champ. Also relieves things for Nathan to develop in his own time. Getting 3-3 in reserves races so much better than getting hit 1-5 especially if heat one doesn't go our way.

2 hours ago, Fina said:

Maybe the sport is asking too much from promising young riders too soon and some of them are burning out?

But in Poland some youngsters ride in POL Lge 1 or 2 plus there is the U24 league and on top of that the Polish youngsters have lots of team meetings of 4/6 teams per meeting almost every week. I think though the difference in part may be the Clubs support to a large level on equipment etc 

2 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

But in Poland some youngsters ride in POL Lge 1 or 2 plus there is the U24 league and on top of that the Polish youngsters have lots of team meetings of 4/6 teams per meeting almost every week. I think though the difference in part may be the Clubs support to a large level on equipment etc 

I don't know enough about Polish speedway to be aware of what percentage of their talented youngsters make it, or if they also have a problem with talented kids seeming to lose their way around the swapping point from junior / U21 to senior level. 

It wold be interesting to know & I will ask some of my Polish friends what their thoughts are.

47 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Does that mean the thread will reapear when ban is lifted 

2 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Hmmm, hadn't thought that far ahead! lol. Would be funny if it did!

22 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Depends if Paul have picked their dummys up or not, such bad cheating losers.

1 minute ago, Trackrat said:

What's happened to Turdip? 

Hopefully whilst down on the coast, has taken a long walk off a short pier!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Fina said:

I don't know enough about Polish speedway to be aware of what percentage of their talented youngsters make it, or if they also have a problem with talented kids seeming to lose their way around the swapping point from junior / U21 to senior level. 

It wold be interesting to know & I will ask some of my Polish friends what their thoughts are.

21 year olds dropping out was certainly an issue for them. We even got one or two of them over here ( e.g. Damien Drozdz). The under 24 league should alleviate issue as it now gives 21/2/3 year olds without a senior place somewhere to ride.

• Like 1