British Speedway Forum
justathought

Newcastle v Leicester 12th June 2022

5 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

How many Newcastle fans are now making plans for their next meeting? Next Sunday is Fathers Day. Don’t know what I’d think of my son if an afternoon at Brough Park was my present!

No home meeting next Sunday… 
The hoppings ( big fair , (to those who don’t know) and burger van sales suddenly spring to mind ( only joking I think ) 

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Stewart Dickson said on the Poole stream last Weds that it is really hard to sign untried riders from abroad (or words similar)cos of Brexit and it is really hard to do what Poole did last season when we brought Basso over because of it. I'm not sure if it's mainly cos there is so much more paperwork to get through now. 

Well I'm unsure of the process and there is always the issue of Poland on Sunday but surely riders like Keynan Rew, Michael Haertel, Nico Covatti, Matthew Gilmore, Brandon McGuiness are worth trying even if Covatti has said no, make him an offer he cant say no to 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ScottyJ said:

I have no idea how you spread the talent. Only way I think of is reducing the points allowance in the championship teams so some teams only ride with 2 heat leaders which frees one up for other teams. It would encourage more teams to use younger British talent at the tail end.

1000% what should have happened.. 

It was clearly the plan that should have been followed...

But that wouldn't have allowed teams who should be in Div 1 due to their size and infrastructure, to try and win Div 2 would it? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

Sitting here with a glass of wine having followed my team for what was surely their biggest ever way win, I should be delighted, but feel saddened by the state of Newcastle Speedway and the state of the sport. Hats off to the enthusiasm of desperate promoters and supporters, but at what point does the saying ‘well at least we are running and have a team to support’ finally take its toll? How many Newcastle fans are now making plans for their next meeting? Next Sunday is Fathers Day. Don’t know what I’d think of my son if an afternoon at Brough Park was my present!

No meeting on the 19th Father’s Day 

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Jack Smith ,enough said.

Poor signing and worse than Congreve.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, mikebv said:

1000% what should have happened.. 

It was clearly the plan that should have been followed...

But that wouldn't have allowed teams who should be in Div 1 due to their size and infrastructure, to try and win Div 2 would it? 

I wonder who you mean? :unsure:

• Haha 2

Just now, lisa-colette said:

I wonder who you mean? :unsure:

Birmingham..;)

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Need to rip this team apart and get in 5/6/7 new riders with a view to looking at next season (if they feel they will run) if it's a team of tryers and exciting then the fans might support that cos quite frankly they cant do anything else this season

But can Newcastle sign foreign riders? Coz that's where they have to go to get them 

Foreign riders who don't ride in Poland. There's a couple of Swedes who've been and not done much.

People will say move from a Sunday.  The Diamonds can't. Plus how ridiculous is it that the amount of speedway operating on Saturdays and Sunday's in this country is so miniscule?? We know the top riders are accounted for elsewhere at weekends but there simply has to be a level where speedway supporters can spend their weekends following the sport in the UK. 

It's heartbreaking to say it, but I have believed, for a few years now, that if Newcastle speedway, stay at Brough park, they are on death row. Analysis of it shows, the stadium owners, merely tolerate the speedway. Charge a whopping rent for the privilege and literally give the speedway the lickings of a dog, for that. Due to the constraints placed on the promotion, they cannot attract top riders, most are not happy riding there, as it is a relic of a bygone era. The time that it can run meetings does not make it appealing to riders either. If Newcastle speedway has a future, then it is away from Brough park. It needs to be able to have some control, over its own destiny. I am certainly not saying, this is an easy option, but the alternative is a certain death, ( probably fairly quick).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HectorRacing said:

-well just got back And our next home fixture is poole! Will they score 60? 

Yes they will because they also have a quarter of the leagues top 12 riders.  Although their reserves will not be as good as Edwards and Thompson. Surely.......

1 hour ago, ScottyJ said:

NEWCASTLE HAVE WON A RACE . CHANTS OF WERE GOING TO WIN THE LEAGUE! I love the humour from them fair play

We may as well keep our humour and sprit if any left alive. Cause without it, we’d just cry and be miserable.

Edited by HectorRacing
Humour
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, highside said:

If there is no major team changes I can't see the diamonds reaching the end of the season,they can't survive on the people who only go because they get in free. I could name names but I won't. 

How do they get in free?

11 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

It's heartbreaking to say it, but I have believed, for a few years now, that if Newcastle speedway, stay at Brough park, they are on death row. Analysis of it shows, the stadium owners, merely tolerate the speedway. Charge a whopping rent for the privilege and literally give the speedway the lickings of a dog, for that. Due to the constraints placed on the promotion, they cannot attract top riders, most are not happy riding there, as it is a relic of a bygone era. The time that it can run meetings does not make it appealing to riders either. If Newcastle speedway has a future, then it is away from Brough park. It needs to be able to have some control, over its own destiny. I am certainly not saying, this is an easy option, but the alternative is a certain death, ( probably fairly quick).

Im worried too cause what if ‘said owners’ think ‘lets sell the land’ and it becomes housing/etc