British Speedway Forum
Jaizer

Stripes (Glasgow) Vs Oxford champ 17th June

24 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Just a minor thought, but maybe time to stop him riding with the weakest 2nd string? Particularly away from home.

No easy answers, we are already sacrificing Brennan at 5 to cover for Ulle who wasnt cutting it there. Brennan is doing ok but can be up and down, putting the pressure more onto Cook to perform in ht13. Bailey deserves his chance at 2, his first time up from reserve. He'll learn from it but will need to go back there to re-find his form.

6 minutes ago, MD said:

No easy answers, we are already sacrificing Brennan at 5 to cover for Ulle who wasn't cutting it there. Brennan is doing ok but can be up and down, putting the pressure more onto Cook to perform in ht13. Bailey deserves his chance at 2, his first time up from reserve. He'll learn from it but will need to go back there to re-find his form.

Ostergaard hasn't ridden at 5 this year, so can't say he wasn't cutting it there!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Ostergaard hasn't ridden at 5 this year, so can't say he wasn't cutting it there!

Apologies, i have it stuck in my head Ulle started there but seems only rode 5 for the Poole meeting.

cookies ribs are still giving him slight discomfort from his fall a few weeks back 

Edited by mac101

1 hour ago, MD said:

Apologies, i have it stuck in my head Ulle started there but seems only rode 5 for the Poole meeting.

With Glasgow guaranteed a play-off spot, there's no reason why they can't experiment with the riding order. Got nothing to lose!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Cook has been a bit subdued most of the season,( for him)

Got the 7th highest 2022 ave in the league, so can't be doing that bad?

• Like 1

Glasgows fans still wanting shot of Broc ?

10 hours ago, Gazc said:

I said a while back form is temporary but he just doesn’t look himself for whatever reason.

He looks like his mind is elsewhere for most of this season and the latter part of last , here’s hoping things are ok with him and we get the real Cookie back soon.

Hopefully he gets going again. If nothing else him and Masters battling it out home and away is usually entertaining. I do think Glasgow probably need Cook scoring to challenge for the title. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Got the 7th highest 2022 ave in the league, so can't be doing that bad?

Who said he was doing bad.?

1 hour ago, JanAndersen said:

Hopefully he gets going again. If nothing else him and Masters battling it out home and away is usually entertaining. I do think Glasgow probably need Cook scoring to challenge for the title. 

Craigs dip in form would probably mean we would have zero chance.

With him not scoring what we are all used to it puts pressure on the younger riders in the latter heats , I see on another thread he has been carrying a rib injury.

2 hours ago, sandking072 said:

Would anyone have the race times for this meeting please? Thanks in advance. 

1: 57, 2: 57.67, 3: 57.24, 4: 57.38, 5: 58.11, 6: 58.36, 7: 58.66, 8: 58.93, 9: 58.75, 10: 59.01, 11: 58.44, 12: 59.35, 13: 58.43, 14: 59.58, 15: 58.67

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jenga said:

Glasgows fans still wanting shot of Broc ?

I’m not sure I ever heard Tigers fans wanting shot of him. There’s been frustration at his results, but I’ve not heard anyone say any of the riders should be dropped.

Craig started the season really well, but hasn’t been himself recently (although engine issues in one meeting didn’t help).
Connor was great at reserve but is understandably finding it tougher at 2
Ulle is fitting in well at 3. Not as strong as last year, but last year he was exceptional. He’s a bit short on speed but he shows his experience.
Basso has been pretty reliable and last night he was unbelievably good.
Tom’s hit double figures in 6 of his 11 full meetings.
Danyon’s similar to Connor - does well at reserve, found it harder at 2.
Broc really struggled early, has improved since he moved to reserve (with a blip at Scunthorpe).

The biggest impact has been Craig and Ulle - their averages are going down. Everyone else is at around their season starting average, or above it. If Craig can get closer to his start of season performances, the weakest link is at 2. But that’s offset by being strong at reserve.

Playoffs aren’t for another two months. Let’s be honest, the biggest factor is often making sure your riders are fit when you get there.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, David said:

1: 57, 2: 57.67, 3: 57.24, 4: 57.38, 5: 58.11, 6: 58.36, 7: 58.66, 8: 58.93, 9: 58.75, 10: 59.01, 11: 58.44, 12: 59.35, 13: 58.43, 14: 59.58, 15: 58.67

Thank you David. Much appreciated.

On 6/18/2022 at 2:20 PM, Noelinho said:

I’m not sure I ever heard Tigers fans wanting shot of him. There’s been frustration at his results, but I’ve not heard anyone say any of the riders should be dropped.

Craig started the season really well, but hasn’t been himself recently (although engine issues in one meeting didn’t help).
Connor was great at reserve but is understandably finding it tougher at 2
Ulle is fitting in well at 3. Not as strong as last year, but last year he was exceptional. He’s a bit short on speed but he shows his experience.
Basso has been pretty reliable and last night he was unbelievably good.
Tom’s hit double figures in 6 of his 11 full meetings.
Danyon’s similar to Connor - does well at reserve, found it harder at 2.
Broc really struggled early, has improved since he moved to reserve (with a blip at Scunthorpe).

The biggest impact has been Craig and Ulle - their averages are going down. Everyone else is at around their season starting average, or above it. If Craig can get closer to his start of season performances, the weakest link is at 2. But that’s offset by being strong at reserve.

Playoffs aren’t for another two months. Let’s be honest, the biggest factor is often making sure your riders are fit when you get there.

I think Glasgow are looking pretty strong throughout, there will always be ups and downs with the top 4 but they are a pretty strong unit. The tail I think will look after itself. You will probably have one of them struggling in the main body of the team, but will always have two strong reserves to counter that, so they can cover. If any one of those three goes into the main body and steps up, then you look a VERY strong team. It's a lot of pressure on Tom Brennan, but that's how you find out how good you are and so far he's going the right way. the engine room terrifies every other team, because I don't know any rider who wants to go up against Ulle and Basso. Neither of them know where they'll be riding on the track so the opposition will always be wary :lol:

Glasgow, Poole and Leicester are the stand out teams for me. Poole's top 3 have to perform every week as their tail is longer, Leicester and Glasgow are pretty even strength for me.

It's going to be fun watching

Edited by wtf
  • Like 1