British Speedway Forum
crescent girl

BERWICK v POOLE July 9th 7.30pm

7 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Which is envitable when you go top heavy. Edinburgh have the same problem. 

Not necessarily, we had 3 top heat leaders last season. 

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Not necessarily, we had 3 top heat leaders last season. 

And Dolly Parton didn't do so bad going top heavy :D

7 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Was surprised Havvy used Worrell as tac sub.Thought Lawson looked better at the time.

Havvy is a terrible team manager always gets it wrong. Could have won last night with better changes. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

We do seem to ride our luck against Berwick! They could have easily got 2 wins against us this season. 

As a certain PM said "thems the breaks'"

Edited by Bandit59

8 hours ago, ray c said:

what are the changes then .and where are they coming from :t:

Going to be hard for Poole to make changes, but with their recent poor form it will no doubt reflect in the August averages. That may be the opportunity to make a switch and given the Ford’s extensive list of contacts, who knows who they might be able to tempt over for a couple of months. Berwick seem to have done ok finding Jonas Knudsen.

• Like 1

How many posts by shove-it-up-your-ar*e complaining about how poor the racing was? Give it a rest, you got a lucky draw. 

Yeah, the racing wasn’t great, but that’s been the exception rather than the rule this season. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Bandits4eva said:

And aren't you an absolute charmer!! 

Sorry if you don't like my bedside manner but the league table really doesn't lie. Bandits are bottom of the table because they haven't won enough matches. For me it does look like a team that probably shouldn't be at the bottom of the table as when you look at it on paper Birmingham look far weaker, they're probably only above you due to a freak win at Oxford. For me  an observer from a distance I think you're probably a heat leader short for heats 13 and 15, Flint has been promoted to a heat leader spot before he's really ready for it thanks to the under performance of Ricky Wells. Knudsen looks like he'll be a good signing once he masters your track

1 hour ago, Bandit59 said:

As a certain PM said "thanks the breaks'"

"them's the breaks"

Some Poole fans have such short memories yes apart from probably 3 races last night wasn't a great meeting but only a couple of weeks ago Poole v Berwick was live on bsn and that was an awful meeting which had absolutely no passing. 

Edited by bloom89
  • Like 9

7 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

Some Poole fans have such short memories yes apart from probably 3 races last night wasn't a great meeting but only a couple of weeks ago Poole v Berwick was live on bsn and that was an awful meeting which had absolutely no passing. 

Spot on.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shadders said:

How many posts by shove-it-up-your-ar*e complaining about how poor the racing was? Give it a rest, you got a lucky draw. 

Yeah, the racing wasn’t great, but that’s been the exception rather than the rule this season. 

well;said m8

• Like 1

Am I the only one on ere that actually attended both Edinburgh & Berwick?

Being there & soaking up the atmosphere, chatting to people & enjoying a fantastic Northern break makes a hell of a lot of difference to those of u that watch on a computer.

Whilst streaming is a valued financial input for club's it's no replacement to actually being there.

All I hear from the stay aways streaming folk is how boring yawn etc these meetings were.

For me, being there made all the difference as I thoroughly enjoyed both meetings & getting to meet & chat to riders & management in the pits.

Fantastic Tour :t:

• Like 7

So as well as Bomber's bike issues, Danny King got a puncture in heat 15 as well.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Spot on.

I’m a Poole regular and most of the meetings this year has been carbon copy’s of the home Berwick meeting.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Turnip said:

Am I the only one on ere that actually attended both Edinburgh & Berwick?

Being there & soaking up the atmosphere, chatting to people & enjoying a fantastic Northern break makes a hell of a lot of difference to those of u that watch on a computer.

Whilst streaming is a valued financial input for club's it's no replacement to actually being there.

All I hear from the stay aways streaming folk is how boring yawn etc these meetings were.

For me, being there made all the difference as I thoroughly enjoyed both meetings & getting to meet & chat to riders & management in the pits.

Fantastic Tour :t:

There was a few Poole fans on back straight last night, fair play to you all, a long way, but a nice weekend for it

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tracy Bird said:

I’m a Poole regular and most of the meetings this year has been carbon copy’s of the home Berwick meeting.

1. Riders aren't as spread out at Poole, so sometimes you feel a pass could still be possible during the race.

2. We have had a pass before H12 in all meetings I would say!

But more passing at Berwick last night than Edinburgh, so not sure why Berwick seem to get more flack for it?! 

I enjoyed watching it last night and have never watched a meeting from Berwick before. Made me laugh when I think it was Adam Roynon who said you can fit three Edinburgh tracks in the Berwick one! :D