British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates vs Glasgow Tigers 13th July.

46 minutes ago, MD said:

I agree but continue to do that and we wont beat anyone like this over 2 legs in the play offs. Fairness doesn't get results.

So be it. We don’t have it bad at Ashfield. I don’t understand people who pine after boredom for the sake of a lump of silver, or whatever the trophy is made of - can’t say I’ve ever bothered to look!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well well well.  Must admit I didn’t see that result coming. Big crowd, good tight meeting with Pirates always having the upper hand. Brilliant atmosphere and all the pirates getting well stuck in to send the Tigers home empty handed!

Perhaps not a passing fest but there was passing in half the heats, but the closeness of the scores and the determination made up for it as the roof came off the stadium on a few occasions. Rather than a neutral watching a feed isn’t the same as attending because those there, (with the exception of the 4 Glasgow fans on the first bend)lapping it up.

Rider of the night was Richard Lawson who was only. Eaten in heat 7 when everyone but the ref saw Ulrich Ostergaard take a mighty roller. Stevie Wonder posted on Twitter, asking how Chris Gay the ref missed it.

Ben Basso’s return was greeted in boos from several in the crowd. It clearly affected him as he was pretty useless. Second season syndrome? On the other hand Danny Hume was greeted very warmly and showed his improvement this season with a battling display. Broc Nichol has scored very well at Poole but tonight was almost as useless as Connor Bailey. Craig Cook battled and made several passes, and Tom Brennan battled along with Ostergaard.

But Pirates were on it and all to man man had raised their game on recent performances. About time too as we are not going to finish top two meaning having to battle past decent teams to make the semis.

Hardly "second season syndrome" he's had a fantastic year & having one disappointing match doesn't change that

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Ostergaard got away with a huge roller. Lawson was well pissed and got straight in the phone. Crowd were shouting at ref throughout heat and afterwards. Ridiculous miss.

Next time there down, perhaps instead of playing eye of the tiger,they should play something by the bay city rollers :rofl:

• Haha 3

Result as I thought it would be, Home Win bugga all points for the visitors! :D

Simples! :D

C'MON THE PIRATES you showed wot u can do when it matters! 

ALL FOR ONE & ONE FOR ALL :t:

#piratepride

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Know trackprat tonight :t::rofl::cheers::party:

Were you expecting him or her to come on here congratulating us on a terrific win .

• Haha 1

Wot an amazing night of speedway, absolutely f*rkin on another level.

Wow, that's entertainment :t:

Yippeeeeeeee, lads we smashed em! 

Kicked ass, kabooom!

U know somet I'm knackered now........:D

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, ray c said:

Gaters paradise good win for us good crowd just poor speedway .

Spot on Ray C. That Shovlar guys comments make no sense at all. Entertainment is the key. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Spot on Ray C. That Shovlar guys comments make no sense at all. Entertainment is the key. 

When Edinburgh were down Sam Masters said the Poole track is the best it has ever been. But that was in the May half term, so hot weather must make it so much harder to prep. However we don't know what the Poole boys asked for? 

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Poor? We’re you really there? Sorry Ray tonight was the best meeting of the season and the crowd lapped it up. 

If that was your best meeting of the season, I really, really, really pity your fans. We were beaten fair and square but on a totally unexciting and initially over watered track with very few racing lines. Most of the passing was done due to racers faltering by trying to race on a rideable but non raceable track. Very poor entertainment indeed. If we were to never win any major trophies again, I would still rather watch the excellent racing at Glasgow that that which was on show tonight. No sour grapes…..just the truth as I see it. 

• Like 2

Anyone would think Glasgow has been the mecca of speedway for years on end - can remember some awful meetings there over the years just like any track. Talk about sour grapes. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Poor? We’re you really there? Sorry Ray tonight was the best meeting of the season and the crowd lapped it up. 

If you genuinely believe that was entertainment & good racing you are deluded

• Like 1

Sure track would have been fine if Glasgow had won. Pinny is right, it is a bit of sour grapes. Because no matter the predictions Glasgow thought they just turn up and win. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Know trackprat tonight :t::rofl::cheers::party:

Just like to congratulate Poole on winning the league last night, missed it as i was out.

6 hours ago, ragdoll64 said:

If that was your best meeting of the season, I really, really, really pity your fans. We were beaten fair and square but on a totally unexciting and initially over watered track with very few racing lines. Most of the passing was done due to racers faltering by trying to race on a rideable but non raceable track. Very poor entertainment indeed. If we were to never win any major trophies again, I would still rather watch the excellent racing at Glasgow that that which was on show tonight. No sour grapes…..just the truth as I see it. 

No way was track overwatered if anything should have had more to start with 

• Like 2