British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Birmingham v Poole and return leg. 27-29/7/22. Jubilee League

23 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Doesn't matter who is bothered the meeting still has to be run. Birmingham's full team would struggle, the guests did ok last night especially Jason Edwards who I thought was excellent, it would have been closer if Stefan and Ashley didn't get injured. 

i can still remember when matt ford called of a meeting because the opposition was under strength lakeside in question .so just maybe he does the same with this one dont you think :t:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ray c said:

i can still remember when matt ford called of a meeting because the opposition was under strength lakeside in question .so just maybe he does the same with this one dont you think :t:

Well....we will most likely be stronger with 'guests', because the usual suspects are not up to much IMO.....(Nielsen excepted....)

But, I just don't see the point in going ahead with a meaningless fixture, when you only have one Team member available ?

POINTLESS....if you pardon the pun!

18 minutes ago, ray c said:

It would be unusual for a promotor to call off a meeting because the opposition were under strength. The full Birmingham team is under strength really, sometimes guests can make a team stronger, like when Birmingham had Pickering as a guest. If they can't get suitable guests then it probably should be postponed but from Birmingham 's point of view I would think that they just want to get it over with. 

32 minutes ago, Osirian08 said:

Not really sure 4 pts from a guest number 1 should be classed as ok

No true but probably all they could get, Edwards rode well and Kye Thompson was not too bad, if they had got Pickering again it would have been better but Kerr rode well at Wolverhampton the other night so should have done better. 

One race winner from the HOME TEAM is that on for the record books.? in the Championship.

Edited by Fromafar

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Seriously .... 'What is the point of trying to run Friday's meeting' ? 

Back to my previous 'post' ? Is anybody, apart from Lisa, that bothered ?

Speedway becomes more of a farce by the day.....

You can't help riders getting injured in a sport like this tho and there's not enough riders sitting on the sidelines waiting for the phone to ring... 

If you think this is getting silly wait until the line ups for Plymouth v Birmingham next week :unsure:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Osirian08 said:

Not really sure 4 pts from a guest number 1 should be classed as ok

Maybe not, but to be fair, every race he was programmed in was against either Worrall, Lawson, or king and he wasn't on his home track. Not sure you would expect him to beat those guys regularly anyway.

45 minutes ago, The Dog said:

You can't help riders getting injured in a sport like this tho and there's not enough riders sitting on the sidelines waiting for the phone to ring... 

Totally agree....just can't see the point in Friday's meeting....nothing at stake etc....

Nice day out in a lovely part of the country may be ?

15 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Totally agree....just can't see the point in Friday's meeting....nothing at stake etc....

Well it's due to be sunny day of 25c, so def a beach day if that helps! I still say Birmingham should get as many Leicester riders to guest as possible. Only team to win at Poole this season so far. 

40 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

When AFC Bournemouth go to Manchester City at the start of the new Premier league season, what is the point? Everyone knows the result is a foregone conclusion so why bother travelling and wasting fuel? Just hand Man City the three points and move on?

Sport doesn’t work like that and Brum need to put together a team of guests that ride Wimborne Road well and turn up competitive.

• Confused 2

25 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Well it's due to be sunny day of 25c, so def a beach day if that helps! I still say Birmingham should get as many Leicester riders to guest as possible. Only team to win at Poole this season so far. 

You will most likely find that Worall's/Morris and Howarth's averages are all way too high to use as guests .....

Besides...it was probably more of an off night for Poole than a great performance by Leicester ? can't see Dan thompson producing that kind of score again ?

16 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

When AFC Bournemouth go to Manchester City at the start of the new Premier league season, what is the point? Everyone knows the result is a foregone conclusion so why bother travelling and wasting fuel? Just hand Man City the three points and move on?

Sport doesn’t work like that and Brum need to put together a team of guests that ride Wimborne Road well and turn up competitive.

I can't see any comparison at all speedway/football ? 

6 guests does more damage to an already failing sport IMO !

• Like 1