British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Birmingham v Poole and return leg. 27-29/7/22. Jubilee League

Next Wednesday sees the Pirates visit Perry Bar for the second time this season for the Jubilee meeting. Pirates won fairly easily in the league meeting and really it should be the same again, depending on who Birmingham use for guests.

Is the meeting streamed? Would be happy to pay the £12.

Commonwealth Games

As the Games start next week would it be possible for a local supporter to advise on how busy it will be in the Perry Barr area as athletes & athletic's fans are staying there.

Although I'm not going this information may help fans that are traveling to the speedway in regards to parking & any extra travel time required.

Thanks in advance.

P.s there is also a train strike on Wednesday 27th which may add to the traffic.

Edited by Turnip

1 hour ago, Speedway fan said:

afraid we are not yet streaming . 

Missed opportunity of extra revenue gone there. 

It'll be interesting to see who Birmingham use as guests on Wednesday?!

Even more so on the Friday fixture when there are 2 other fixtures taking place. Poole will also be looking for replacements for Kemp and Ablitt on Friday as they are both away in Europe.

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

It'll be interesting to see who Birmingham use as guests on Wednesday?!

Even more so on the Friday fixture when there are 2 other fixtures taking place. Poole will also be looking for replacements for Kemp and Ablitt on Friday as they are both away in Europe.

I await with interest on who the 3 guests are on Friday!! At least Birmingham can't use Tom Brennan and Josh Pickering as it's Edinburgh vs Glasgow. Although they might use them at Birmingham on Weds, if rules allow? 

Edited by lisa-colette

12 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Missed opportunity of extra revenue gone there. 

Rather they spent the time producing a good race track. As has been good there this season, so with slightly cooler weather now, hopefully it will be okay on Weds. 

31 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Rather they spent the time producing a good race track. As has been good there this season, so with slightly cooler weather now, hopefully it will be okay on Weds. 

Track wasn't good on Wednesday vs Oxford.

1 hour ago, Turnip said:

Commonwealth Games

As the Games start next week would it be possible for a local supporter to advise on how busy it will be in the Perry Barr area as athletes & athletic's fans are staying there.

Although I'm not going this information may help fans that are traveling to the speedway in regards to parking & any extra travel time required.

Thanks in advance.

P.s there is also a train strike on Wednesday 27th which may add to the traffic.

The athletes aren't based in Perry Barr, they're being bussed in from Birmingham and Warwick unis and a hotel at the NEC. This is due to the fact the Athlete's village wouldn't be finished in time. 

4 minutes ago, OGT said:

The athletes aren't based in Perry Barr, they're being bussed in from Birmingham and Warwick unis and a hotel at the NEC. This is due to the fact the Athlete's village wouldn't be finished in time. 

Sadly No surprise with the athlete's village not being finished in time from the lack of construction I noticed a few months back. 

Guess they'll use the buildings when completed for asylum seekers?

Thanks for the information :t:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Turnip said:

Sadly No surprise with the athlete's village not being finished in time from the lack of construction I noticed a few months back. 

They decided over 12 moths ago to pull that plug.......

8 minutes ago, kitten2502 said:

They decided over 12 moths ago to pull that plug.......

Oh reet, well it's odd how they were still doing the refurbishment on the Perry Barr train station with recognition to the Games around the outside of the ticket office.

Maybe sumone didn't tell network rail coz they even stopped trains from stopping there during the refurbishment.

3 minutes ago, Turnip said:

Oh reet, well it's odd how they were still doing the refurbishment on the Perry Barr train station with recognition to the Games around the outside of the ticket office.

Maybe sumone didn't tell network rail coz they even stopped trains from stopping there during the refurbishment.

The "Athlete's Village" had nothing to do with the train station refurb.

I think they've made sure that the route the coaches will be taking looks a bit tidier than it did. Hence the new station I suppose, though TBF it needed replacing years ago. 

I think the "Athletes Village" is earmarked for residential homes. Hopefully that's what it will be, but once the subletting starts, well........... 

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I await with interest on who the 3 guests are on Friday!! At least Birmingham can't use Tom Brennan and Josh Pickering as it's Edinburgh vs Glasgow. Although they might use them at Birmingham on Weds, if rules allow? 

They can’t as they used them last week. Will have to be two different guests.

• Haha 1