British Speedway Forum

Even that prat Boyce hit the same piece of grip in the re-run if you look again. Not dirty by Antonio, but again right to be excluded.

Lanzilla, tut, tut, Tabby will be after you :wink:

Antonio is young and needs to be advised/guided very closely at these kind of meetings to bring out the 'Pirate' in him.

If he rides to his league potential for Sweden they will be a force, but if nerves get the better of him again on Saturday . . . . well we will have to wait and see.

He is still a cracking rider though.

Not sure about the "dirty" tag but I felt he was out of control at times caused by over-riding. At least he did settle down later on.

Quite right. Wouldn't accuse him on riding dirty. Dirty riding suggests you meant to knock someone off, he was just completely out of control.

An example of dirty riding was the right elbow launched towards Gollob by Crump as they went into the 1st corner in Heat 25. No place for that in speedway

Both are equally dangerous though

Edited by Chris Brown

I really felt sorry for Linback after his second ride, over eagerness and inexperience as Leigh Adams said. He obviously had no intention of knocking any 3 riders of the riders off but he does need to calm down a bit and try and control the bike more. Every other youngster on show seemed able to cope with the pressure (look at Kolodziej???). What Boyce said was typical Boycie, as soon as they said they were gonna speak to him I cringed but had it been a Dane he was talking about who had done the same everyone would be flocking on here agreeing with him. Let’s cut the hypocrisy hey?

Now that Lukas Dryml, there’s a dirty B………………… :unsure:

some of the greatest riders in the sports history have been landed with this tag early in their career - because they are that little bit more adventurous and because of their natural skills try for things that most riders would never dream of.

Think Gollob for a current example

Think Briggs for an older example

He should have definitely been excluded in his 3rd ride, he made little or no attempt to turn left !!  :mad:

He's bloody dirty, that 2 rides now where he has wiped out riders. 3 if you count the Adams incident but tht was just him being out of control.

I don't think he's dirty, I have always thought that he never looks in total control of his machine, he bucks, rears and wobbles all over the place. He's dangerous, not dirty and very over-rated.

He should have definitely been excluded in his 3rd ride, he made little or no attempt to turn left !!   :mad:

He's bloody dirty, that 2 rides now where he has wiped out riders. 3 if you count the Adams incident but tht was just him being out of control.

I don't think he's dirty, I have always thought that he never looks in total control of his machine, he bucks, rears and wobbles all over the place. He's dangerous, not dirty and very over-rated.

Yes sure and you would never want him to ride for your team!

Lindback is a very young but sensational rider who has the world at his feet and in the next two years will be challenging for the world title.

Over rated? Never.

I have heard people claim that rider X will be challenging for the World title before and these predictions have fallen flat on their faces.

There is no doubt that currently Linback looks a glorious future talent, he has come on so much since last season when he struggled around Wimbledon in the Swedish Under 21 side.

He is a special talent - whether he can keep improving to the level needed to challenge in the GPs remains to be seen. Many have fallen at this hurdle.

For the record I don't think he was dirty last night either - he was badly overriding at times and certainly turned right into Janusz on the first corner which he ought to have been excluded for.

A couple of his latter rides showed the sort of talent the lad posesses though.

It will be interesting to see how he fares with some of the more agressive stuff from the Danes on saturday.

looks a great talent,but there are a lot of riders that are to say the least not best impressed with his antics on the track,I think Boycie summed him up in two words

"Dirty Bas*ard".

He should have definitely been excluded in his 3rd ride, he made little or no attempt to turn left !!   :mad:

Yes sure and you would never want him to ride for your team!

Lindback is a very young but sensational rider who has the world at his feet and in the next two years will be challenging for the world title.

Over rated? Never.

If I had the choice between Bjerre and Lindback (both the same age) I would choose Bjerre everytime. Now that boy has got class.

Not sure about the "dirty" tag but I felt he was out of control at times caused by over-riding. At least he did settle down later on.

Spot on ML as someone who has seem him in 20 odd meetings this year tonios style is a bit wild and he is on the back wheel alot but he is just over-riding and trying too hard.His first race when he hit adams was too impetuous fair doos,the incident with boyce was just plain unlucky and 50% of the time boyce would have been xcluded rather than tonio for not trying too hard to stay upright.The 3rd incidedent was just going for the dirt line.Nerves and over-riding yes ..dirty definetly not.

Spot on ML as someone who has seem him in 20 odd meetings this year tonios style is a bit wild and he is on the back wheel alot but he is just over-riding and trying too hard.His first race when he hit adams was too impetuous fair doos,the incident with boyce was just plain unlucky and 50% of the time boyce would have been xcluded rather than tonio for not trying too hard to stay upright.The 3rd incidedent was just going for the dirt line.Nerves and over-riding yes ..dirty definetly not.

Glad to see the use of the word 'overriding' rather than dirty. For me its a tag that is too easily thrown at riders when in fact they are guilty of nothing more than giving 100%.

looks a great talent,but there are a lot of riders that are to say the least not best impressed with his antics on the track,I think Boycie summed him up in two words

"Dirty Bas*ard".

Ahh, that's just Boycie doing what Aussies do best...... whinging! :D

Of course, in his time Mr Boyce has never over ridden a little, or picked up a bit too much drive coming out of a corner has he!

Lindback is young, keen and inexperienced when it comes to meetings of this standard, but has a huge will to win - and that's maybe something one or two of the Aussies from last nights squad could do with a lesson in. :P

Agree totally.

His first 3 rides lookes like classic examples of nerves causing him to over ride and make bad judgements. His last 3 rides showed what a talent he is and proved instrumental in taking his country through.