British Speedway Forum

oh dear i think its about time people grew up on here....

tony steele hates all danes? tony steele loves scotty nichols.

tony steele calls it as he sees it and what a shock he sometimes makes mistakes.

Nothing to do with Tony Steele at all it's just the perception of (most) British people. When it's Hans and Nicki it's dirty, when it's Scot it's hard but fair. At least you can be sure the Danes won't go bleating to the national press and try and take the gloss off Scot's second place, unlike Scot of course after the SWC.

Hmm unlike Hans bleating to the press when the Eastie v Pboro match went ahead without him and how it wasn't on / unfair/ Eastie were so desperate to win etc, attempting to take the gloss off Easties win. Face it, all riders are as bad as each other.

Hmm unlike Hans bleating to the press when the Eastie v Pboro match went ahead without him and how it wasn't on / unfair/ Eastie were so desperate to win etc, attempting to take the gloss off Easties win. Face it, all riders are as bad as each other.

Seems like the man has bitten back in the local press last week.

Andersen's weekly column in the P'Boro paper.

Fair play to him.

Fair play to him.

:D sorry not fair play at all........he lied again about 04 in it...........he neglected to mention the hand gestures in the final or paint a fair picture about his 'friendship' with Scott

and am I still the only one that thinks something was said at the same time as the hand being offered?

Hans has his own biased way of seeing things, Scott has his............and not suprisingly so do the fans..................

meanwhile i'd like to see some great speedway ;)

as far as Scott last night goes......something was different about him......technically he was 100% sound but he also had real hunger - crumplike hunger!............can he remember it for 2 weeks time?

and on the basis of what we have seen in the last two weeks it is going to be a titanic battle between Hans and Crumpy next year :D

Fair play to him.

As I said, all riders are as bad as each other. Man's sport yes, so perhaps they should all start acting like men instead of playground twit for tat whinging and whining.

Still I suppose it sells papers - all media types love the sniff of a grudge between competitors in any sport. :rolleyes:

Edited by rabbit

Reading through that article though, he does actually have a point.. I don't remember hearing anyone from the British camp congratulating Denmark after their win, especially not Scottie. Even though Hans is saying some bad stuff about Scottie, he still compliments him: "I don't mind being beaten by a better man or a good passing move and both apply to Scott in that race". I've never heard Scottie complimenting Hans. Us Brits are bad losers I think, but also, Denmark and Hans are bad losers too. It's all the same!

and on the basis of what we have seen in the last two weeks it is going to be a titanic battle between Hans and Crumpy next year :D

Probably not all will change again like it has done every year so far :wink:

Fair play to him.

I've just read that article. What a load of b******s. I'm sorry but I choked on my coffee when I read the bit about Scott being jealous of Hans. He is joking isn't he? I know this Scott/Hans battle will go on for ages and you are always going to support your favourite, but give me a break!! Hans Andersen was at Ipswich for 2 seasons. Scott was there for 8. In my humble opinion, for what its worth, Hans always wanted to be Number One, he still does, who doesnt? Scott didn't leave because of Andersen, he left because he wanted to win a trophy and a trophy he duly won. Hans always tries to come across as a little angel, but showed his true colours the other night at Reading, he wanted his own way, didnt get it, so threw his toys out of the pram. Also, trying desperately hard to block Scott in the semi to let Greg in. Didnt work did it mate!! I'm sorry but I was beginning to like Hans over recent months, but all of this in the last couple of weeks has really turned me off.

Andersen has just announced to the entire world that he has a red helmet.

You'd keep that to yourself wouldn't you?  :blink:

Nearly as bad as Scottie saying he wanted a "semi" when talking to Sophie

As I said, all riders are as bad as each other. Man's sport yes, so perhaps they should all start acting like men instead of playground twit for tat whinging and whining.

Still I suppose it sells papers - all media types love the sniff of a grudge between competitors in any sport.  :rolleyes:

Agreed, Bunny :approve:

Does anyone know where in Australia Leigh Adams Originates from?

I would love to know, I feel it would greatly assist me when watching him ride!!

:D

Does anyone know where in Australia Leigh Adams Originates from?

I would love to know, I feel it would greatly assist me when watching him ride!!

It escapes me at the moment :D but I think a quick look in 'general discussions' under some guy called 'Millard' I think he must know. :)

Colin :lol:

Can I ask a daft question here ......

Why? :unsure:

Can I ask a daft question here ......

Why?  :unsure:

Sorry just my sense of humour..

I was referring to the constant reminder from the Sky Sports commentator Tony Millard about Leigh Adams, keeps telling us hes the man from Mildura, Wherever that is?

He must have said it in every one of Leigh Adams' races on Saturday night!

There is a thread on hear somewhere as Colin says (above) about this..

It just grates me now everytime he says it.

Yes there are far more important things to worry about in speedway i know but

Aaaaaaaaggggggghhhh!!!!!!!!!

I got no problem with Hans Andersen .... He is riding out of his skin at the moment. I think that he can be overly aggresive on the track but every sport has a good guy and a bad guy. It is often portrayed that rider are thus because it sells tickets !!!!!!!!!

Previously in speedway it used to be Gollob around the time of the Boyce incident so much so that Sky tried to mention nicknames in commetary and say Gollob rather than Tomasz Gollob as it sounded more sinister ... Crump had it for a while as he was so commited to win and would get frustrated in the pits throwing gloves etc . Nikki Pedersen got mantle passed on to him and now that he "seems" to have calmed down on track it has been passed onto Hans for the moment.

Sky Sports always promotes the Brits and is crying out for a Brit winner and Scotty has been the pin up boy of British speedway for a while now ... simply because following Loram dropping from the SGP series, Scotty is the best Brit by a back straight and is portrayed as the good guy. Any rider in the SGP series has to be mentally and physically strong to win a SGP ...

I dont care two hoots about riders feuds and obviously there is bad feeling between Scott and Hans from the SWC in 2004 and Ipswich days ... let it carry on it creates a great story and hopefully will create fantastic racing now and into the future. ...