British Speedway Forum

I heard it was something to do with the use of an air fence at Owlerton.

I heard that Kings Lynn have bought the airfence from Oxford

Edited by bigcatdiary

I really do think more explanation should be forthcoming from the powers that be on this matter.

Surprised that you even think an explanation should be given, up to now there has been no explanations for any of the decisions concerning the "super 7s" meetings.

I reckon Sheffield are getting their knuckles rapped after complaining about the referee's decision not to allow reserves to replace James Birkenshaw after he wthdrew form the home leg of the KOC against Edinburgh after his first ride.

Edinburgh objected to the use of reserves as cover for James because they felt his injury was from a previous meeting. Whatever happened the ruling applied by the REF under pressure from Edinburgh meant that Sheffield had 2 races, heats 9 and 14 with only one rider and it was later discovered that Sheffiled should have been allowed reserve cover.

I'm guessing Sheffiled aren't happy because the way Paul Cooper was riding heat 9 could have been a 5-1 instead of a 3-3 and heat 14 could have been a 5-1 instead of a 3-4. So the 57-36 score line would have been 60-31. Given that the return at Armadale was 60-33 Edinburgh went through to the next round.

The no further comment line always sounds a bit fishy

:blink:

top guys like lindback

can't quite put my finger on it but i'm feeling there's something not right with that post :unsure:

can't quite put my finger on it but i'm feeling there's something not right with that post  :unsure:

Maybe Andrew thinks Lindback will top the BV averages . Which is entirely possible because as far as i know BV have no plans to sign Lee Dicken at present .

can't quite put my finger on it but i'm feeling there's something not right with that post  :unsure:

well he is belle vues no 1 and hes the only i thought probaly wont turn up giving his past :D class rider tho if he gets back to his old self

Edited by Andrew E

Yes always been known that Sheffield cant erect an air fence on a Thursday, due to time and H & S problems with Sheffield Council.

So as this fact has always been known, whats the REAL reason its been switched.

So if Sheffield always knew they couldn't erect an air fence in time, why accept the fixture? surely it's their fault it's had to be moved :wink:

I've no idea whose fault it is if anyones but just thought I'd have a bash at Sheffield to even up the score :P AS ajh has said maybe KL are the only track that could accomodate this meeting on that date. Imagine the furore if the date had been changed as well.

sorry, rather have Kevin Doolan back at Kings Lynn for a big meeting like this :D

So if Sheffield always knew they couldn't erect an air fence in time, why accept the fixture? surely it's their fault it's had to be moved :wink:

I've no idea whose fault it is if anyones but just thought I'd have a bash at Sheffield to even up the score :P AS ajh has said maybe KL are the only track that could accomodate this meeting on that date. Imagine the furore if the date had been changed as well.

very good post

At least it will still be at a decent track. Lynn was a good venue when the pairs was there and its still a neutral track. Plenty of room for overtaking and usually very well prepared too.

And closer to me than Sheffield so I'm not gonna complain!

Presumably the Stars v Newport meeting planned for 29th August will now be re- scheduled because having two meetings in two days will prove a bit expensive for the home fans. Finding another date could prove difficult though after all the recent rain-offs.

In one way I feel sorry for those up the other end of the country who will now find it difficult, if not impossible to make it to this meeting, on the other hand, there are others down this end of the country who can now make it to the meeting....me being one of them.

i remember when i was younger, the 4s were always at Peterborough and the PLRC (or whatever title it ran under!) was at Coventry. can't remember if they had the Pairs every year, although i it was defo at Hackney in 1986 :D

anyway, as you would notice from those venues, they were Southern based. i think when Glasgow hosted the Pairs (1990ish) it was the first time i could recall a 'shared' event being raced up North.

of course, that all changed more recently when we've had the likes of Glasgow, Workington and Sheffield 'hogging' the PL events. not a bad thing for us Jocks, seeing as we'd racked up more than our fair share of miles over the years!

this season seems to have gone full circle, thanks to heart attack Willie and his more intelligent laddie.

swings and roundabouts i guess? or do we blame Rye House? :rolleyes:

Presumably the Stars v Newport meeting planned for 29th August will now be re- scheduled because having two meetings in two days will prove a bit expensive for the home fans.

they've done it before...

Finding another date could prove difficult though after all the recent rain-offs.

...and they'll do it again :unsure:

Surely there would be some sort of legal issues if an air fence is there one week, but the next week, no air fence and a rider gets seriously injured??

Edited by Tony The Tiger

Surely there would be some sort of legal issues if an air fence is there one week, but the next week, no air fence and a rider gets seriously injured??

Must admit it i would think a rider would have a case if he hurt himself in the match following the ELRC if if could be shown that an air fence would have saved the injury.

after all are we sayning that EL riders are more important than all other riders?

and why do EL riders ride on PL tracks that dont have an air fence?