British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

Georgie Thompson Hosts Race Off & Final

i personally think it's a great move by sky to have her presenting, Keith couldn't do it due to him covering the british suprbikes on sunday, so i for one am glad they went for a high profile presenter, she does a great job for the a1 grand prix, and yeah she is gorgeous too :D

Amazing how often the people that get chosen for Speedway on Sky are young women with long, blonde hair isn't it?

I know that such ladies are very pleasing on the eye, but personally I think going down this route somewhat undermines attempts for the sport to be taken seriously. I'm probably in a minority of one on that, though, in the murky world of the hetrosexual male.

I did like Sara Thingamibob though, so we'll probably never see her again.

Do you not remember the 90's before sky had there chance? Speedway was never on tv. Tv companies had there chance to snap up speedway I am sure but didnt want it. It was a dead dog.

What sky have done for this sport has been fantastic. They have taken it to the next level. Yes crowds might have fallen but I am sure that most teams havent lost out as they get a lump sum pre season every year from sky. For me, as a Bradford fan, it has been a life saver.

Long may sky's monopoly continue.

Ah, you mean they've taken it to the next level - down :D

Sorry Just couldn't resist that pun. Just a jest really.

Actually Ive missed televised speedway this season. We relocated into a sheltered housing complex shortly after the season started. We couldn't get Sky due to the communal aerial being unsuitable for digital TV. A local company is now nearing the end of an aerial updating scheme. Our apartment should be done within the next few days. I've ordered my installation. Now I have to sit back and wait - only for a few days I hope..

Not being able to watch at the track now I will really appreciate having Sky Sports again.

Joy to you,

Ron.

Well IMO she comes across as having no knowledge whatsoever about the sport, but has a set of pre vetted questions, plus receiving questions to ask in her ear piece.

Very pro but cold and she sounds like she is interviewing someone at an event from the safety of a studio.

Just like a newsreader. Emotionless.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Well IMO she comes across as having no knowledge whatsoever about the sport, but has a set of pre vetted questions, plus receiving questions to ask in her ear piece.

Very pro but cold and she sounds like she is interviewing someone at an event from the safety of a studio.

At least scott won't be lonely over the weekend :P

Well good on her to just admit this her first ever taste of speedway.

She sounds like she went to the same training school as that woman Yorath who presents the football on ITV. Same mannerisms.

To be honest I have never watched Sky Sports News so don't know her at all.

Jesus wept! I knew SOMEONE would find something to whinge about - well done Shovvy! :rolleyes:

Thought she did an excellent job :approve: . Far superior to Greeny IMHO and at her first attempt too

Thought she did an excellent job :approve: . Far superior to Greeny IMHO and at her first attempt too

Yes I agree she did a very professional job, for someone with no knowledge of the sport.

I just don't like the Gabby Yorath type voice though.

And she does look a lot better than Greeny, and I do prefer her to Heuwen.

Guest chris26

let's start a petition to get her on the speedway regularly :D:P

she will certainly pull the viewers in (in more ways than one) :P:wink::D

FGS. There really are some saddo's following this sport who want to over-analyse every word spoken and every wheel turned.

Get a grip, it's just people talking about speedway into a microphone.

Everyone has their own style (even Millard) and most people get better with experience. None of these skills are born into us.

After several years of presenting speedway both Huewen and Greeny never seem to have grasped much real knowledge of the sport. Even though Georgie clearly knows even less than Huewen and Green she is a very credible presenter. I don't care what she looks like, it's the professional touch that Speedway needs.

FGS. There really are some saddo's following this sport who want to over-analyse every word spoken and every wheel turned.

Get a grip, it's just people talking about speedway into a microphone.

Everyone has their own style (even Millard) and most people get better with experience. None of these skills are born into us.

Some people will always find something to moan about , perhaps they ought to try doing the job. I dont mind who comments or presents as long as we see the races.

Oh and yes I thought she did a professional job :)

Very professional job, but I have to agree with Shovvy (!)... it was obvious she was reading the questions off a cue, and that voice - well, I've recorded it and I'm going to watch it if I have any trouble sleeping in the near future :P

She did do well for her first taste of speedway but I just found her boring, as did everyone else here who was watching. I much prefer the Welsh one (Sarah??)... especially as she has the guts to give Hans a slap when he's being his usual cheeky self :approve: