British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

Georgie Thompson Hosts Race Off & Final

I thought she done a sterling job aswell. :approve:

No doubt with a few more meetings (if she does a few more) she will get better and better and start to learn a lot about the Sport. :)

I thought she sounded a bit like Julia Bradbury when she used to present speedway on channel 4.

i actually thought it was Julia Bradbury 'til i saw her face :oops:

good grief ... she is an anchor .... why oh why are we so arrogant, no wonder we are fighting a losing battle to get new people into the sport .... it really doesnt matter she doesnt need to know ANYTHING about the sport ... her job is to prime the informed guests about their opinion ... they aledgedy know about speedway ... whats the point in paying them if she's going to do it all herself. She was very professional and did the job end of story. If it was John Louis or Sam or Floppy talking bollix then you'd have a point.

As for Keith Heuwen he has done more in motorcycle sport than most on here could even dream about ... and probably most speedway riders ever will in terms of international competition. he may put down his "skills" on the bike but he was mixing it with some of the real motorcycle greats such as Kenny Roberts and John Newbold as anyone of who watched road racing in the 70s will tell you ... again he is an anchor he just needs to keep it together.

Lighten up for goodness sake :blink:

Edited by 12bore

I liked how they interviewed the riders. Was funny to see Freddie interviewed looking so nervous then PK turns up with his legs crossed looking more like he was at home than on live TV! :D

I thought it was good, and Chris Louis was great again. Him and Johno are the best at doing the SKY commentary.

I thought she was fine as imo Huewen is (she is better looking though) Who cares whether she knows anything, as long as somebody is there telling her what to say then it is fine after all she is interviewing the people we want to hear (the riders).

As for the commentators, yes they may get things wrong but after watching Walker and Allen on the f1 it really does not bother me, especially to go as far as to comment on the speedway.

good grief ... she is an anchor .... why oh why are we so arrogant, no wonder we are fighting a losing battle to get new people into the sport .... it really doesnt matter she doesnt need to know ANYTHING about the sport ... her job is to prime the informed guests about their opinion ... they aledgedy know about speedway ... whats the point in paying them if she's going to do it all herself. She was very professional and did the job end of story. If it was John Louis or Sam or Floppy talking bollix then you'd have a point.

As for Keith Heuwen he has done more in motorcycle sport than most on here could even dream about ... and probably most speedway riders ever will in terms of international competition. he may put down his "skills" on the bike but he was mixing it with some of the real motorcycle greats such as Kenny Roberts and John Newbold as anyone of who watched road racing in the 70s will tell you ... again he is an anchor he just needs to keep it together.

Lighten up for goodness sake :blink:

My thoughts exactly.

Keith Heuwen does a great job in my opinion and comes over well and usually gets some good points of view from his studio guests.

Thought Chris Louis was again excellent and the new presenter was excellent for the first time and good luck to her.One word of advice keep well clear of Scottie Nicholls .She might take seriously something that was only poked at her in fun :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I thought she done really well, very good show and she was lovely eye candy to ;)

RE Nigel pearson, I thought he let himself down bigtime when he criticised the Poles when they lit those flares, I thought it looked brilliant when they scanned the stadium. He kept moaning about it all race, It gave a real edge to the atmosphere and I for one hope they let of loads again on Saturday, just shows how boring Britain is, balls to the health and safety brigade it looked wicked!!!!! :approve::approve:

Thought Chris Louis was again excellent and the new presenter was excellent for the first time and good luck to her.

She was good but Chris Louis annoys me. He's got so many splinter in his bottom he'll need to varnish his backside soon! Has he ever stated an opinion?

Guest chris26

she did very well i think :D - all things considered :D:)

It gave a real edge to the atmosphere and I for one hope they let of loads again on Saturday...

Well I hope they don't! At the first flash of red Scott might pull up. :P .. :lol:

Guest chris26
Well I hope they don't!  At the first flash of red Scott might pull up.  :P .. :lol:

if only that happened to everyone else in each race :D

gb then would win :P:D

RE Nigel pearson, I thought he let himself down bigtime when he criticised the Poles when they lit those flares,

I also thought his and Tatums comments about the Russians were poor as well.

They were outclassed but they gave there all. If team GB are bottom of the pile will he take the micky out of them?