British Speedway Forum

you what!!!! so got nothing to do with nicholls and harris being s**t tonight and letting they GB down!!! take off you Coventry glasses

when it come to it as normal Nicholls in no good as for harris must of been something up as we all know better then that....

allen and kennet great practice for them as will both be back in next few years

What on earth are you on about?!

Nicholls was battling all night. Yes he got little reward but he did look fairly fast at least! He wasn't 'rubbish' so stop blaming him. Under par yes but he was not rubbish.

Take off your anti-Coventry glasses and accept the fact that Nicholls faught his heart out for our country, even if it was for little reward.

Commentators can comment on Walasek's 'injury' and other posters can mention it on here without a reaction but as soon as Hans mentions it he's spitting his dummy out!

Balinski's four points won the WTC for Poland and his inclusion was iffy - why shouldn't Hans be allowed to mention it?

He was beaten fair and square,on the track,but is not man enough to admit it. We just knew the book of excuses would come out.

Bad loser,thats all.

Silver Bee

Please leave us out of your argument. We are nothing to do with it and you're unfairly giving us a bad name.

Excellent meeting and well deserved winners. Great to see Tomasz do so well.

No :mad:

I assume I'm a member of the "look at me gang" am I as one of your members refered to me as fairy boy?

I can't understand all the fuss about Walasek. They said the guy was ill, he could of been throwing his guts up in the corner of the pits but just because the cameras didn't show it everyone presumes it is made up.

First he was ill, but looked very fit and well 5 minutes later when accompanying his replacement back to his pit area after he was fenced, then they said he was out with a foot injury, just as he appeared running on and giving Gollob the bumps.

Whatever I'm glad he has such great powers of recovery, good luck to him.

No doctors sick notes.

No jokers.

No slick track prep. (= no Ole Olsen Slating)

But we went for it all the way. Concrats to the Danish Dynamite boys, made us all proud.

Hate to ask, but when are team GB riding ??, maybe they are taking on the aussies soon or ............

See you

Peter

speedway is not a joke but u are

cracking meeting and well done poland though wanted the danes to win.

GB were abosloutely pathetic. kennett, allen and stead completely outclassed and out of their depth without doubt. harris and richardson not much better and were also rubbish, harris a very lucky man to get away with balinskis crash. nicholls rode a good race or 2 but thats it.

Come on Pinstripe it's very unfair to call Kennett, Allen and Stead pathetic. These guys are only reserve/second strings in the EL. How the hell can they go to a track they have hardly, or never ridden before, and compete with the very best riders in the world, who are GP stars, and expect to beat them?

To start dissing our young riders is hugely unfair. They were obviously going to be lambs to the slaughter tonight, but we were in the final and Sweden were not. I bet Swedish fans would have swapped with us any day to have had their team there tonight.

So rather than slag of TeamGB, get behind them, regardless of how poorly they did tonight, because better days will happen sooner rather than later.

He can only work with the tools hes got and we simply arent good enough no matter who the team manager is, cant knock his selections no one any better to go in.

Surely you can't believe that.GB under-performed tonight by a fair bit.Can't criticise Ed,but the rest?And who is the guy who should be advising and motivating them?The manager.

Delighted to see the Poles win that, they really did well in the last group of 5 races. Started with Holta's brilliant ride in Heat 21 and all 5 of them did the business when it mattered. Surprised that more wasn't made of Nicholls being up against Andersen in heat 25, 3 years on but a bit of payback I think.

Disappointing effort by the Brits, Kennett and Stead way out of their depth.

totally agree, Harris, Nicholls and Richardson were meant to lead the team but failed to do so and put Steady and Kennett in an impossible position.

Lee Richardson - Dire to start with picked up a little towards end.

Simon Stead - did not have the speed early on but got to grips with the track and was challenging.

Edward Kennett - not a good night for him.

Chris Harris - poor i expected a lot more from him.

Scott Nicholls - see above.

Well done Poland, wanted the Danes to win but it was a good battle going down to final heat.

Sorry if poland did not (cheat) sorry have a injuryed rider denmark would of won!!! got nothing to do with moaning i would be p**d too.

denmark best all round team without (cheating) sorry again bring in reserves :wink:

one of your members refered to me as fairy boy?

heard the rumours, have to listen to them i'm afraid

He battled well but Boycey wanted to give Schlein a runout.

So the Face got the Doc. to withdraw Noddy? There's a few worried Aussies who haven't the benefit of a live feed who'd like to know how Noddy is; they could do without conjecture and ill-informed comments.

What on earth are you on about?!

Nicholls was battling all night. Yes he got little reward but he did look fairly fast at least! He wasn't 'rubbish' so stop blaming him. Under par yes but he was not rubbish.

Take off your anti-Coventry glasses and accept the fact that Nicholls faught his heart out for our country, even if it was for little reward.

what with 7 with tack ride he was rubbish.... and lower points then all other riders from poland and danmark great heat leader

Not a bad meeting from the quality of racing point of view, but I'll always believe Walasek's withdrawal was dodgy.

Personally, I believe the Poles will only ever win this competition in this format in Poland. Home track advantage is huge for them, as is home support. Home support helped Bomber big-time in Cardiff, and the crowd lifted the Poles tonight in the same way.

A Norwegian import didn't do 'em any harm either!

Agree with you John that perhaps the Poles will only ever win the World Cup in Poland, but at least they win the cup on home soil, which is something the Brits failed to do.

Rune Holta did well and qualified to ride for Poland, in the same way I guess as Strauss, Pietersen, Geraint Jones et al qualied to play cricket for England.

Well done to Poland - great performace. B)

what with 7 with tack ride he was rubbish.... and lower points then all other riders from poland and danmark great heat leader

passed Hans in the most important race of the night though didn't he? Oh dear - Heatleader who can't handle the pressure from 'rubbish' Scotty Nicholls :shock: