British Speedway Forum

Chapman, well what can I say, after watching the re-run on Sky after being there Thursday night, the guy is an idiot, he just seemed to be saying to Adams and N.P that it wasn't his problem and to get on with it, IDIOT!!! I'm not a track curator and I could see there was far too much on the damn track!!

Maybe it wasn't his problem, ever thought about that? Who was showing the meeting live on TV?? Yes that's right SKY. You say you were there, did you notice Steve Brandon from Sky calling almost ALL the shots on what was happening on the night? Running round hitting people with his clipboard to get them out the way, shouting at people left right and centre, barking orders at what he wanted done. Yes, he was the one that eventually let the tractors go on track after Heat 5 for the much needed grade and after the riders had kicked up. If Sky weren't there, Buster would have had the track put right before the meeting started and we wouldn't have had to endure the farce we did for the first five heats. :rolleyes: Unfortunately it's all down to their precious TV schedules and therefore they call the shots.

Edited by shooting star

Should have let "BIGFOOT" on it for a couple of laps, that would have sorted it.... :lol:

See there was a bumper 4000 crowd for the event, be nice if KL donated the profits from the food etc to garry stead and robbo, after all it is profit they didnt expect to make.

Decent blokes like Garry Stead and Stuart Robson wouldn't even expect that to happen and you know it!! :rolleyes:

Edited by shooting star

I'm getting the impression The Third Man is on some sort of anti King's Lynn campaign with resent posts

See there was a bumper 4000 crowd for the event, be nice if KL donated the profits from the food etc to garry stead and robbo, after all it is profit they didnt expect to make.

I hope Neil Machin did likewise from Garry Steads benefit meeting..

sheffiel;d dont make profits from anything but the gate money, so ALL profits went to garry

Im sure the Staduim owners would have made a contribution toward the fund. So Shefield dont produce a Programme now ? or have sponsors etc ???..Just gate money...Seems they might be missing a trick or two here ;)

Edited by semion

Im sure the Staduim owners would have made a contribution toard the fund.  So Shefield dont produce a Programme now ? or have sponsors etc ???..Just gate money...Seems they might be missing a trick or two here  ;)

dont know why you dont understand this, ALL PROFITS went to garry

as for the stadium owners you will have to write to dave allen on that one

and i only said it would be nice, didnt sat garry or robbo expected it, read and understand before commenting

Its fair to say that following on from the 4TT farce the events of last thursday was another kick in the face for Speedway fans

Clearly JC enjoys the publicity and limelight and dolly birds on the arm for photo shoots when all is going well , let have a PUBLIC explanation of the farcical events of this meeting

I remind you it was moved from sheffield with no explanation why and no statements allowed by any party , leading to all sorts of rumours and conjecture

Then we have the farce of thursday night , half the riders not bothering to turn up , the track was set up shambolically and he was the so called Director of the Superseven series but he just stood around with hands in pockets

Clearly another example of a person who like the plaudits but cant or wont get his hands dirty , stick his head above the parapet when it goes wrong and take the FLAK

Please , please , please will somebody get hold of British Speedway by the throat , shake the hell out of it and lets get it sorted once and for all , we have a great product , there is a solid fan base , yes true, much better in some places than others

but we cannot and will not be dictated to any more by riders , you toe the line or ride abroad !!!!!

Is it signed in blood SL?  ;)

No idea Rabs, I was just trying to be helpful. The amount of blood that folk on here have been baying for tho I doubt the Chapmans have any left :rolleyes::P

No idea Rabs, I was just trying to be helpful. The amount of blood that folk on here have been baying for tho I doubt the Chapmans have any left :rolleyes:  :P

Well the amount of muppet decisions they have made this season they probably wont. Thought it was best when Bennett asked Chapman so when is the PLRC line-up going to be announced Jonathan...and he was like er er er.....sometime soon this week.

Lineup was supposed to be announced on 20th august another deadline they missed!!

Rule 15.11.2 states-A Competitor who, once the Green Light has been switched on, fails to start, retires from (which includes not proceeding under power when the race was stopped) or is excluded from a race that has been ordered to be re-run shall be ineligible to take part in the re-run and shall not be replaced.

In my interpretation of the rule the word PROCEEDING is vital-Harris was not proceeding at the time he was on the deck.

Bomber was PROCEEDING to get himself up onto his feet. :P

The rules don't say what he has to be PROCEEDING to!

"to move or go forward or onward, esp. after stopping.". erm?! :blink:

I also take the view that rider often fall in this way and get back on (Shields and Nicholls), so Harris has done no more wrong than them! Where as Lindgren has caused Batchelor to fall.