British Speedway Forum
dlprezes

Smiths

Ah, the Smiths... :neutral:

Certainly, of at least one of them, I'd say, This Charming Man...

Though when it comes to saying What Difference Does it Make?, well as I said to young Master Lawson, "William, It was Really Nothing".

After all, How Soon is Now? And lest we all Panic or Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before, I'm not Half A Person but when it comes to Speedway history moments like this, well: Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want or otherwise I'd have to say, Heavens Knows I'm Miserable Now.. ;)

Ah, the Smiths... :neutral:

Certainly,  of at least one of them, I'd say, This Charming Man...

Though when it comes to saying What Difference Does it Make?, well as I said to young Master Lawson, "William, It was Really Nothing".

After all, How Soon is Now?  And lest we all Panic or Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before, I'm not Half A Person but when it comes to Speedway history moments like this, well: Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want or otherwise I'd have to say, Heavens Knows I'm Miserable Now.. ;)

I am sure this is very profound but it's a bit above my head :unsure: What exactly does it mean in regard to the Smiths?

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/oldtimespeedway

I am sure this is very profound but it's a bit above my head  What exactly does it mean in regard to the Smiths?

I just knew this was going to bamboozle speedyguy..!! :)

Having any kind of a grip of popular culture is clearly not required to work for the SLP..!!! B)

Oh come on..: I know this is the 'History' part of the BSF but surely there must be some posters out there who've bought a record since Del Shannon was in the charts (obviously not you, norbold!! ;) ).

No-one's heard of one of the biggest British groups of the 1980s, The Smiths..??!! :unsure::unsure::rolleyes::blink:

Heaven knows I'm miserable now by the Smiths as in Morrissey fame, what a bunch silly sausages!!! :lol:

Oh come on..: I know this is the 'History' part of the BSF but surely there must be some posters out there who've bought a record since Del Shannon was in the charts (obviously not you, norbold!! ;) ).

No-one's heard of one of the biggest British groups of the 1980s, The Smiths..??!!

There have been no records worth buying since Del Shannon. :wink:

I'm a-walkin' in the rain,

Tears are fallin' and I feel the pain,

Wishin' you were here by me,

To end this misery

And I wonder--

I wah-wah-wah-wah-wonder,

Why,

Why, why, why, why, why she ran away,

Yes, and I wonder,

A-where she will stay-ay,

My little runaway,

Run, run, run, run, runaway.

You can't beat the old lyrics! :D

Here's the Wikipedia definition on The Smiths. Never heard of them!

The Smiths were an English rock band active from 1982 to 1987. The group was based on the songwriting partnership of Morrissey and Johnny Marr, and were signed to the independent record label Rough Trade Records. Considered by some critics to be the most important alternative rock band to emerge from the British indie scene of the 1980s,[1][2] the Smiths have had a major influence on subsequent alternative music, including the Britpop movement and bands such as The Stone Roses, Gene, Radiohead, Blur, Suede, Oasis, The Libertines, The Verve and Doves. At the time, the group was notable in particular for two things: Morrissey's unusual, witty, ambiguous, and sometimes controversial lyrics, and Marr's complex, dense music, which helped return guitar-based music to popularity after it had fallen somewhat out of favour in the UK charts.[3] The group released a total of four studio albums and several compilations in fewer than five years, as well as numerous non-LP singles.

Although they had limited commercial success outside the UK while they were still together, and never releasing a single that charted higher than number 10 within their home country, The Smiths won a growing following both at home and overseas in the closing years of the twentieth century, and they remain cult and commercial favourites to this day.

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/oldtimespeedway

Edited by speedyguy

Here is a classic.The Smiths with Sandie Shaw.Surely you oldies have heard of her :P

Smiths

And Johnny Marr of The Smiths is in fact a fan of Belle Vue. Morrisey later wrote a song about him called "Speedway".