British Speedway Forum
willp

Super 7 Shared Events 2008

Last years events were no different to any other year.

Yes but I think that eventually he will get it right, I think that the idea that he has as well as the racing he is trying to make it a day out, speedway with entertainment, I think that he is showing other Promoters that it is no good just to open the gates and expecting fans to come in,

Heard Wato speaking tonight and he has no idea about the qualifications for the Premier League Pairs. Whose fault that is, I don't know but it is pretty stupid that riders are in a qualifying stage yet they don't even know how and when they are qualifying :rolleyes:

maybe his promoter ought to tell him it's down to points scored in heat 15 :rolleyes:

or look at the super7even website and it will say so.

maybe his promoter ought to tell him it's down to points scored in heat 15 :rolleyes:

lol that would make far too much sense Steve :lol:

Mike Golding told him in the end.

According to the Super7even website, and info I have been given, that is Heat 15 in the Premier Trophy matches only. It's bad enough that it is confined to Heat 15, but that makes a stupid qualifying system even worse.

Surely qualifyng for a best pairs competition should be on rider averages for the whole match, not just one heat of it, and also from Premier LEAGUE matches.

You could have pairs/riders that have ridden superbly over an extended period of time, and finish high up in the averages, only to lose out on qualification by dint of a couple of ropey Heat 15's in what amount to for a lot of clubs, early season shakedowns.

I don't know about you, but that doesn't sound right to me

Edited by womble53

I don't know about you, but that doesn't sound right to me

best to check your sig again.

best to check your sig again.

Thanks for reminding me Steve :lol::lol::lol::lol:

According to the Super7even website, and info I have been given, that is Heat 15 in the Premier Trophy matches only.

Yes and if you're in the 5 team group it's only from your first three home and away matches !

And what happens as in the case of last night where Birmingham were not able to hold Heat 15 of their match due to curfew? Does Heat 14 therefore become Heat 15 or do neither side score?

Also Heat 15 normally features each teams two best performers on the night and not necessarily the top two riders for that team (although quite often that is the case) we therefore have the possibility of riders scoring qualifying points for a competition they will have no chance of riding in. Tying that into last nights non Heat 15 where the riders involved were Adam Roynon, Tommy Allen, Rob Mear and Jack Hargreaves. If Birmingham and/or Rye House qualify I hardly think (with no disrespect to the riders mentioned) that they will be automatic team picks for the Best Pairs final.

Dont know if this is true so maybe someone can confirm the rumour.

Been to a couple of meetings this week and heard that JC has resigned from being in charge of the 7s

has anyone else heard anything about this?

and if so does anyone know why?

looks like i heard right after all

Well I do hope you will be pleased and satisfied with the next ''victim'' running the super7 :)

sorry but who ever it is he or she cant be any worse.

it will be an improvement just to know how teams qualify and to know why teams are seeded, thats all i ask of anybody new

sorry but who ever it is he or she cant be any worse.

it will be an improvement just to know how teams qualify and to know why teams are seeded, thats all i ask of anybody new

Which might well be the case if JC had made all the decisions by himself, which I find hard to believe. There must have been a comittee working with him as part of the decision making process.

Which might well be the case if JC had made all the decisions by himself, which I find hard to believe. There must have been a comittee working with him as part of the decision making process.

do you think so?

or was the fact that he wasnt going to get HIS own way thius season the reason why he resigned?

think about it