British Speedway Forum
Stephen JIM Owens

British Under 21 Qualifier @ Boston/kingslynn

Just a message for them people that called Joe Haines a big time charlie

Well Done JOE

Congratulations to Sean 'Pingu' Stoddart, also to the 2 worky riders, Joe Haines and Charles Wright. Bad luck on Andrew Tully, but he still might get into the Final as he has qualified as reserve.

Seems extremely hard on tully who may have done something in the U21's final this year aswell.

Got to feel for Andy this year he falls and last year his chain snapped when well on the way to qualification in the meeting at scunny.

2 years on the trot, :( Chin Up Andy

My EDP has an 11 inch column on the far right of page 32. The column is headed, 'Lambert bidding to maintain hot streak'.

Haha just testing ;) And Radio Norfolk did advertise this evening too, lots of times :D

Was an interesting meeting, very back luck for Simon Lambert having bike problems but Joe Haines, Sean Stoddart and Charles Wright deserved their qualifying places for the final. Bad luck also to Andrew Tully who's gating let him down in the end :(

Certainly some good racing going on, the boys were giving their all, the final will be hard fought that's for sure!!

Well done to Joe Haines. All the boys rode well. Bad luck for Rambo who blew his best engine Apparently he blew a new engine yesterday at Bostons press and practise day. It just wasnt his night toight!

I think it possible that he said that because he thought you might propose to him otherwise! :lol:

Not to an Aussie I wouldn't :oops:

WHAT?!! Not even a cute cuddly one?? Break me heart gently next time will ya? :blink:

Noooooooo yer an Aussie!!!!!! Yer gonna get a slapped butt ! :wink:

Promises, Promises!! :rolleyes:

WHAT?!! Not even a cute cuddly one?? Break me heart gently next time will ya? :blink:

Promises, Promises!! :rolleyes:

Hmmmmm ok then just one cute and cuddly one, point me it the right direction :wink: please!!

Hey I never break a promise :approve:

Good meeting I must say :D Congratulations to Joe Haines, Sean Stoddart and Charles Wright. Bad luck for Andrew Tully. Also bad luck for Simon Lambert. Looked a little disappointing after that engine failure (or whatever it was lol). If that hadn't have happened, I think he would have at least gotten into the run off, if not through to the final and qualified. The second bike didn't seem as good as his first :(

Doing this all from memory so I won't be held responsible for any mistakes :oops:

Unluckiest riders of the night had to be Simon Lambert, Jerran Hart and Andrew Tully.

Lambert would of surely made it to the top 6 barring machine problems. Blew his number one bike when leading his second ride and I think he tried two other bikes (well engines anyway) but never seemed to have the same speed. Certainly no lack of effort though. Bad luck Simon.

Jerran Hart was another who was unlucky not to make the top 6. Fell on the last bend of his first ride when reasonably comfortable in second and ended up losing out on a top 6 place to Byron Bekker on countback. Felt sorry for the lad till I found out he comes from Ipswich :wink::lol:

Andrew Tully I thought looked untouchable in his early rides. Looked quick and very stylish, was very impressed. Didn't look quite so impressive though as the track slickened off later in the meeting and his gating let him down in the final. Certainly looked to have some mechanical problem in the final (maybe chain??) and he accidentally caught Wright's backwheel, sending them both flying. Thankfully both seem to of escaped relatively unharmed.

Charles Wright to be honest never really looked that impressive until later on in the meeting. Didn't win any of his first 3 rides and didn't look at the same level as the likes of Tully etc but rode well in the semi and final.

Joe Haines was excellent and I'm really looking forward to seeing more of him at the NA (both for Boston and Workington). Well beaten by Tully in his first but after that looked very fast and rode the dirtline out wide by the fence. Can gate and more importantly can pass as well. Very impressive :approve:

Sean Stoddart rode sensibly without ever really looking like a potential winner. Maybe he was riding well within himself in some of his heats. Like Wright, stepped it up for the semi and final and made it through comfortably in the end.

Sam Martin also rode some very sensible races. Very impressive race to beat Tully and Lambert who where all over his backwheel for most of the race after he'd made a super gate. Never seemed to quite have the same speed as the other top guys but rode some good lines.

Overall an enjoyable meeting with some very good races at times and every rider contributed to the entertainment (some more than they intended (yes you Ben Hannon :lol: ). Shame the crowd wasn't a bit bigger though when taking into account that the EL Pairs are on Saturday, it wasn't a bad turnout.

Edited by ajh

KOPIOWANIE TYLKO ZA ZGOD¥ ADMINISTRATORA

Please remember that these updates cost the texter and updater money, please don't ruin it for others by posting the score up before the updater has had a chance to update this screen

All Updates will appear in this window, please feel free to post any comments below.

Texter: Bagpuss

Updater: Fozzie

LINE-UP

1. Oliver Rayson (Boston)

1, 0, 1, 0, 0 = 2

2. Byron Bekker (Scunthorpe)

3, 0, 1, 2, 3 = 9

3. Scott Whittingham (Unattached)

F, R, 0, 1, 2 = 3

4. Sam Martin (Sheffield and Scunthorpe)

2, 3, 3, 3, 0 = 11

5. Joe Haines (Workington)

2, 3, 3, 3, 3 = 14

6. Andrew Tully (Edinburgh)

3, 3, 3, 2, 3 = 14

7. Guy Kendrew (Redcar)

1, 2, 0, 1, 2 = 6

8. Jerran Hart (Newport and Sittingbourne)

F, 2, 3, 1, 3 = 9

9. Kieran Morris (Unattached)

1, 1, 1, 0, 1 = 4

10. Adam Lowe (Boston)

2, 1, 1, 2, 1 = 7

11. Sean Stoddart (Newcastle)

3, 3, 2, 3, 1 = 12

12. Scott Richardson (Scunthorpe)

Fx, 1, 0, 2, X = 3

13. Scott Campos (Unattached)

R, 2, 2, 0, R = 4

14. Charles Wright (Workington)

2, 2, 2, 3, 2 = 11

15. Simon Lambert (Kings Lynn and Boston)

3, R, 2, 1, 2 = 8

16. Ben Hannon (Unattached)

F, R, 0, X, N = 0

Reserve

Richard Franklin (Rye House)

0 = 0

Heat Results

Heat 01: Bekker, Martin, Rayson, Whittington Aw

Sponsored by Clean Cut Sports @ www.cleancutsports.com

Heat 02: Tully, Haines, Kendrew, Hart 62.10

Sponsored by Steve Dixon www.stevedixonphotography.co.uk

Heat 03: Re-run Stoddart, Lowe, Morris 64.6

Sponsored by Boxer123 Stamps bought & sold. Pm me here or via the Witches forum

Heat 04: Lambert, Wright, Hannon fell, Campos ret 63.9

Sponsored by Friends of Edinburgh Speedway http://www.foes.info/

Heat 05: Haines, Campos, Morris, Rayson 62.8

Sponsored by Richard and Anne Hollingsworth www.scunthorpespeedway.com

Heat 06: Tully, Wright, Lowe, Bekker 63.2

Sponsored by Ian (BSF Member)

Heat 07: Stoddart, Kendrew, Whittington ret, Lambert ret 65.0

Sponsored by Merlin

Heat 08: Martin, Hart, Richardson, Hannon ret 63.6

Sponsored by Speedway Souvenirs available at www.enjaydesigns.net

Heat 09: Tully, Stoddart, Rayson, Hannon 63.4

Sponsored by www.inthedirt.co.uk - 01.04.08

Heat 10: Haines, Lambert, Bekker, Richardson 62.8

Sponsored by KanDysoft Speedway spreadsheets www.kandysoft.com

Heat 11: Hart, Wright, Morris, Whittington 63.3

Sponsored by Peter Hopkins

Heat 12: Martin, Campos, Lowe, Kendrew 63.9

Sponsored by http://www.cablestar.co.uk - computer cables & accessories. Save 10% using promo code SPEEDWAY

Heat 13: Wright, Richardson, Kendrew, Rayson 64.4

Sponsored by www.rpm.org.uk

Heat 14: Stoddart, Bekker, Hart, Campos 64.1

Sponsored by http://www.ebuyitnow.co.uk/ 10% discount coupon code SPEEDWAY

Heat 15: Re-run Haines, Lowe, Whittington 63.1

Sponsored by www.msj.edu.pl www.msjspeedway.com

Heat 16: Martin, Tully, Lambert, Morris 64.3

Sponsored by

Heat 17: Hart, Lambert, Lowe, Rayson 64.3

Sponsored by

Heat 18: Bekker, Kendrew, Morris, Franklin 64.8

Sponsored by

Heat 19: Tully, Whittington, Campos ret, Richardson ex Aw

Sponsored by

Heat 20: Haines, Wright, Stoddart, Martin 64.6

Sponsored by

LAST CHANCE: Stoddart, Wright, Martin ret, Bekker fell 64.3

Sponsored by

GRAND FINAL: Haines, Stoddart, Wright, Tully Fx AW

Sponsored by

Comments:

Line-up confirmed.

Top 2 scorers make final with next 4 having a last chance race top 2 in last chance go to final in which the top 3 in Final Qualifying for the Under 21s final at Lakeside 25th April.

Weather: Warm and Cloudy

Track looks good

Heat 1: Whittington fell on 1st bend but remounted then fell again on lap 3. Good Battle by the Scunny Saints duo.

Heat 2: Hart passed Haines on 2nd lap but fell on final bend while 2nd. Great race!

Heat 3: Richardson fell on 3rd bend while 2nd, Now walking back to pits. Re-run with 3 only. From Gate, Stoddart by a mile.

Heat 4: From the gate, Hannon fell on 2nd bend lap 2 and Campos retired at same time.

Heat 5: From Gate. Haines won by quarter of a lap.

Heat 6: Tully last to 1st on opening 2 laps. Bekker fell and remounted on 3rd bend of 1st lap when 2nd. Tully looks very quick.

Heat 7: Lambert retired 1st lap while leading. Whittington retired 2nd lap.

Heat 8: From Gate

Heat 9: Stoddart passed Rayson on 1st lap.

Heat 10: From Gate. Lambert seized engine in his last ride and on his 2nd bike. Haines looking good.

Heat 11: From Gate, Bagpuss very impessed by Jerran Hart.

Heat 12: From Gate.

Heat 13: From Gate, Richardson not far behind Wright at end.

Heat 14: Race of night so far, Great first corner from Stoddart who swept round field to lead. Blanket could have covered first three until Bekker went round the boards to grab 2nd on line. Great stuff!

Heat 15: Big crash involing Hannon and Whittington on 2nd lap. Ambulance was on track but both up and ok Hannon excluded from re-run. From Gate well spread out.

Heat 16: Tully passed Lambert at end of 2nd lap.

Heat 17: Good battle up front, Hart just too quick,

Heat 18: Franklin for Hannon From Gate

Heat 19: Great race between Richardson and Tully, Richardson had led all way but his chain snapped on 2nd bend last lap. Tully went into him but both up and ok.

Heat 20: Another great race, Haines 3rd to 1st and Stoddart all over Wright too.

Last Chance: Martin, Stoddart, Wright, Bekker

Bekker fell on 3rd lap when Wright locked up infront of him texter says race should have been stopped with exclusion of Wright

Final Line-up: Tully, Haines, Stoddart, Wright

Race awarded Tully and Wright battled for 3rd when Tully slid off and Wright came off trying to avoid him. Bith walking back to pits . Wright to be checked out by Paramedics

Haines, Stoddart and Wright Qualify

Tully will be meeting reserve

Thanks and goodnight

my pictures from the meeting HERE