British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DutchGrasstrack

Individual World Championship Qualification

Well at least Richardson got through - well done to him!

That makes 4 Danes, Swedes and Poles in the Final, 2 Slovenians (though 1 rides under the Hungarian banner) 1 Brit and 1 Aussie.

Pity Emil didn't get a spin in Italy, he mght well have qualified.

I'm very surprised and disappointed that Mads didn't make it through. It looks as though he only needed a 2nd in his final race and somehow managed to get beaten by Nermark and Stead. :blink:

It doesn't say much for the level of talent trying to come through that the highest scoring qualifiers were the likes of PK, Rico and Jesper B who have all dropped out of the GP series in recent seasons. At least the Swindon fans have a few ex-riders in the line-up I suppose; I'd have far rather had Mads though. :cry:

And as for Davey Watt! Not only did he screw up his own chances, he also let the only rider ever to choose which days his leg was broken go through. Rubbish. :mad:

Edited by Seb the Snail

I agree with Seb.It shows how poor the strength in depth is in speedway.Of all those that have qualified i would say only maybe Pavlic and maybe Bjerre are likely to make any impression on the GPs in future years(NKI not included as he is ther already).The rest have already been there and failed or will never get there.But at least it showed those who doubted the decision that Mads hasn't quite got there yet at international level ;)

a few of my photos from Terenzano ...

http://www.speedway.si/index.php?option=co...2&Itemid=84

Great race, lots of passing, Zagar from last to first ...

there was 2 chrashes on heat 19, in first the italian rider was exluded, than on second chrash on a rerun we saw a nasty chrash between Ljung and Miedzinski, but the ref decided all three back to start ... so than we waited that the riders got back to shape for a rerun ...

It doesn't say much for the level of talent trying to come through that the highest scoring qualifiers were the likes of PK, Rico and Jesper B who have all dropped out of the GP series in recent seasons. At least the Swindon fans have a few ex-riders in the line-up I suppose; I'd have far rather had Mads though. :cry:

The disappointing thing is most of the names that qualified, were either in it or trying to get into the GPs 6 years ago. It says alot about the lack of talent around atm.

Edited by pcnorwood

Im not surprised by the results. IMO all of those who should have gone through went through. Allthough you might wonder why PK is so persistent with trying to qualify for the GP series.

Whats going to happen to the g.p. series when the stars retire? Leigh, Greg, Tomasz will pack up in the next year or 2. When you look at these qualifiers, and rate them on performances in europes only 2 elite leagues, then ryan is about the best of what got through.

Whats going to happen to the g.p. series when the stars retire? Leigh, Greg, Tomasz will pack up in the next year or 2. When you look at these qualifiers, and rate them on performances in europes only 2 elite leagues, then ryan is about the best of what got through

I wouldn't worry, there are plenty of very good youngsters around. Holder, Sadjudinov (sp?), Woffinden, Gomolski, Bridger to name but a few.

The GP series will be just fine ;)

The disappointing thing is most of the names that qualified, were either in it or trying to get into the GPs 6 years ago. It says alot about the lack of talent around atm.

Good point. I might be wrong but I reckon of the 16 qualifiers 9 have been in the GP series before and 4 of the others have had wild card appearances or are regulars in the WTC. Only Miedzinski, Jedrzejak and Nermark haven't made much of a mark on the world stage and none of them are exactly unknown quantities. Really would have hoped for some of the younger riders to have made more impact this year.

Has anyone got any photos from the second semi? Ove Andersson's from Motala were fantastic, thanks for sharing them with us. :)

As Seb says shame Mads just missed out, I take it he will be a reserve for the final?

And well done to Lee.

Really pleased for Ryan Sullivan!! As the forumer formally known as SullyRox I will have my fingers crossed for him in Poland!!

Also feel that Charlie Gjedde has a good chance in the final.

Looks quite a good line up really!! Shame Pavlic didn't quite make it but only takes one missed flight so who knows...... :wink:

Is it top 3 go into the GP's? If so, my early prediction - NKI, Charlie and any one of about 10 others..... :unsure:

Very disappointing that Stead, Kennett or King couldn't get through against riders of the caliber such as Jedrezak, Nermark and Davidsson who are riders they can beat comfortably on other tracks.

Gutted for Watty, he would have won this.

Your grasp of a reality outside british tracks is rather hilarious :lol: