British Speedway Forum

riders off gate 1 need to go wide to block the other three riders off and riders off gate 4 need to go to the inside to block the other three riders to take the lead.
but they are not supposed to as that is classed as an unsatisfactory start.

There is supposed to be a marker 30 metres after the start where a rider must stay straight until that point .

Unless they have changed the rule or they just turn a blind eye to it.

Can anyone on here clarify

Edited by Eastie

but they are not supposed to as that is classed as an unsatisfactory start.

There is supposed to be a marker 30 metres after the start where a rider must stay straight until that point .

Unless they have changed the rule or they just turn a blind eye to it.

Can anyone on here clarify

I don't think such a rule has ever existed.

im a disgrace and proud of it!

the fake limping winging big headed moaning,err fantastic crowd drawing pillock!

is that enough of a disgrace?

he loves it as much as we do!

I really can't believe that anyone thinks these guys deliberately run into the back of each other, falling off a motorbike at 50mph just to try and gain an advantage. They could be killed by a following rider hitting them!

I think NP was in the wrong place at the wrong tome on a number of occasions.

Anyway, the whole pantomime villan thing is great. I used to love booing Martin 'Mad Dog' Dixon

I really can't believe that anyone thinks these guys deliberately run into the back of each other, falling off a motorbike at 50mph just to try and gain an advantage. They could be killed by a following rider hitting them!

I think NP was in the wrong place at the wrong tome on a number of occasions.

Anyway, the whole pantomime villan thing is great. I used to love booing Martin 'Mad Dog' Dixon

Spot on. :lol: Boo, hiss, it's just like a pantomime, get in there Nicki. :lol:

:blink::blink:

I suppose the Boo-boys who abused Casey Stoner after his Donnington GP win consider it a Panto as well?

read the first two pages and decided to reply ....

I booed him and I'd do it again, cheating dirty NickiP!!!!! and a gutless ref!!!!

One thing though I looked away when he crossed the line and started to fall, don't do crashes and although I don't like Nicki I'd hate to have seen him got hurt and shame all on those that cheered when he fell!

read the first two pages and decided to reply ....I booed him and I'd do it again, cheating dirty NickiP!!!!! and a gutless ref!!!!One thing though I looked away when he crossed the line and started to fall, don't do crashes and although I don't like Nicki I'd hate to have seen him got hurt and shame all on those that cheered when he fell!
Well said, no need to cheer when a rider crashes at 50-60mph no matter how much you dislike them.

Hello.

I feel the need to post this after the shocking treatment of Nicki Pedersen by a large group of morons on Saturday at the Grand Prix. I would like to know why Pedersen was subjected to all those boos and jeers for really, no reason at all.

It all began when Leigh Adams was excluded for knocking Nicki P off on the first bend. The decision I am sure most people would of made would be to put all 4 riders back. Adams went out a little, Nicki came in a little, not one riders fault. However, the REFEREE had a different opinion and decided to exclude Adams from the re-run. This somehow triggered loads of idiots to boo Nicki P as he got back up from his fall. Maybe some people should remember it is the REFEREE who makes the decision.

Then in the re-run, incredibly, the fans took stupidity to a whole new level! Coming out of turn 2, Nicki P was in the lead when Rune Holta came and poleaxed him into next week. Incredibly, some fans jeered Pedersen for this! How in gods name was he supposed to stay on his bike? Anybody who believes Pedersen was too blame for this is quite simply deluded. Then when Nicki gets up from his second tumble he is subjected to more boos.

Then, in the semi final, a very similar situation to the Adams exclusion, Bjarne Pedersen knocks Nicki off on the first bend. Again, the right decision would probably be all 4 riders back. However, the REFEREE excludes Bjarne, causing people to boo Nicki Pedersen when he gets up from his 3rd tumble! Unbelievable!

In the final, Nicki took a very nasty looking fall but still managed to bravely get himself and his bike off the track so the race could continue. What really annoyed me though, was the idiots cheering when Nicki fell off! What in gods name had the man done to deserve people being delighted that he may of hurt himself? I will tell you what, nothing. Surely his bravery in getting the bike off the track merited some praise?

So surely, these morons, being consistent in booing the riders when they get up from heavy falls, should of hured abuse at Chris Harris after his nasty fall. Not a chance. The hypocrites decided to give him a standing ovation(rightly so) for getting up after his fall.

So Harris gets knocked off= standing ovation

Pedersen= booing, jeering

I also noticed some lesser degree boos given to Hans Andersen during the meeting.

So where does this petty dislike for the Danes stem? Are all these idiots still holding the grudge against Danes because Hans beat Nicholls in the World Cup Final a few years ago? When will this grudge end? Maybe the fans should just accept Scott Nicholls was not blocked in that final race and simply was not good enough on the day.

So please, will the idiots responsible please come explain their actions. I hope you all feel ashamed at the way you treated our World Champion for no reason at all. How will we get the best riders in the country to ride in Britain if we just treated the World Champion like that?

Lordy lord, another thread!!!!!

Lordy lord, another thread!!!!!

exactly. nicki's ears must be burning by now!!

"Adams went out a little, Nicki came in a little"

Nicki swooped across the track like a Bald Eagle after its prey! he certainly did not come in a little!