British Speedway Forum
Star Lady

What Do You Expect On Thursday

:blink: Forgive me, but I can't help but notice a slightly unpatriotic trend running through your posts. You also appear to completely discount any value that there might be in having a sense of pride. Clearly you have never served in any of the armed forces, otherwise you would appreciate rather more fully the significant importance in having a sense of pride, whether that be standing for, if not actually singing, the National Anthem, and/or actually representing your country in whatever international arena. It is a case of going beyond SELF. Clearly, there were certain individuals within the so-called Team GB who also do not appreciate such values. There is no escaping the fact that the likes of Denmark are were absolutely oozing with pride and team-spirit, with a justifiable outcome.

During highly intensive training, should one fall to one's knees and utter the words, "I can't go on" or similar, the SAS will kick them out there and then. However, if before reaching the very end of the exercise, the individual collapses into unconciousness, the SAS will take the view that he needs strengthening-up physically, because he gave 100% and had not the breath to say, I can't go on. It's all down to attitude. You can teach the skills, you can provide the equipment, but you cannot teach the right attitude. That can only come from within, and quite frankly, that is a great part of what is missing.

what a patronising,idealistic,presumptuous,benighted post.

i am sure your a wonderful person though.

if russsia had emil i thunk they would of qualified but now they will come third hope GB dont go through as we are s**t

hope tai does well tho

king and bridger should be inplace of nicholls and richardson

I think I know what to expect on Thursday but Im pretty sure what to expect Friday - locked and/or deleted threads!

Expect Sweden & Poland to qualify in a similar situation to Monday, with Russia starting well and threatening GB (or is it England) for 3rd place then falling away.

Still not sure about Poland's team though as the one they picked on Saturday was a poor decision, imo.

And still not sure what a 'joker' system is doing in a World motor sport event which allows a team that isn't able to use it's Joker be penalised and be forced into a run-off with a team that did use it's Joker.

Rubbish.

I thought the referee was superb - called every decision right.

So did I. Lynch looked at the replays and said "There was no contact!"

Could you believe it? It was there on screen for all to see! No contact? Get some spectacles, Lynch!

I expect Poland to win,Sweden to flop,we will get through by the skin of our teeth.Hope it is a wake up call to Bridger.He should be asking himself how a youngster from the PL gets in ahead of someone who a lot were saying a couple of years back is a "future World Champ".Basically it should be a wake up call to most of them.Like Tarabanko said if you want to play with the big boys you have to act professionally.Not go boozing it up,etc.............. :unsure: I think that is what will happen.........

I definitely have not given up with them. After the Coventry fiasco they owe us big time!

If they can go into the meeting with the same attitude as Sweden did on Monday, then they will have a chance.

I think I know what to expect on Thursday but Im pretty sure what to expect Friday - locked and/or deleted threads!

You must have been on here monday night then.

Hopefully it will be a lot more positive and we qualify for saturday as right now I think thats the best we can hope for.

Britain can still qualify if all the riders improve and show more team spirit. Hopefully no more embarassing peformances from the team.

Britain can still qualify if all the riders improve and show more team spirit. Hopefully no more embarassing peformances from the team.

I believe we can qualify, and I fully expect to see a different team tomorrow night (different as in behaviour and attitude, not a whole new team!).

They owe it to us and they owe it to themselves to go out there and at the least show that they want it, at the most go and get it. And they know it!

What do I expect from 'TeamGB' on Thursday...in all honesty a struggle to get double figures and last place behind the russians! :P

At the moment it would be -

William Lawson

James Grieves

Andrew Tully

Derek Sneddon

Ross Brady

Sean Stoddart

Granted they are all just PL riders at the moment , but i'm sure they would be competative in the earlier WC rounds against the likes of Italy , Slovenia , Austria , Team GB and the like .

DOH! Don't know how I missed William Lawson! :oops: Thanks for the answer!

BTW, I expect Great Britain to put up a much better fight, with nothing to lose after that awful performence on Monday. I for certain don't take Sweden's place in the final for granted, it will be a fight for the places in Saturday's final.

What do I expect from 'TeamGB' on Thursday...in all honesty a struggle to get double figures and last place behind the russians! :P
I have to say, that I agree with you Lupus.

given that saftudinov isnt in this meeting then you might say the Russians are very much weakened. However they have the type of spirit that we should try bottle. They hardly ever give up.

If we finish 4th , its a disgrace, However finishing 3rd is not much further off.

The reality i believe is that we arent good enough to grace the top 4.

It will take a miracle.

However saying that, ill be wearing my union jack with pride - but have a realistic view of what might happen :wink:

Something similar as he did to bomber in the GP run off (i think not)

Ah you mean when Bomber took a dive?!

Just for the record I'm very much a fan of both riders, and only made my mind up on that one when I got home and reviewed all the angles shown on Sky.

So did I. Lynch looked at the replays and said "There was no contact!"

Could you believe it? It was there on screen for all to see! No contact? Get some spectacles, Lynch!

That was an incredibly foolish comment.