British Speedway Forum
Star Lady

What Do You Expect On Thursday

He was excellent. But it was irritating to see Lynch claiming his decision to include him had been vindicated. Most of the rest of the speedway fraternity in this country were surely asking themselves why he hadn't been picked for Coventry.

so true sub, hopefully lynch will be on the dole within days after including stead and allen to start with.

But i bet you don't agree with that either!.

I don't agree that I never post anything positive.

Laguta and Woffinden the stars of the night for me. Fantastic from both of them

Couldn't agree more.

Lindgren & Nermark worthy of mentions too.

Thought Wuffy went well tonight and can be very proud of his contribution.

Has Scott Nicholls been to the Nicki Pedersen speech therapy classes 'ya know' :unsure:

So very proud of Woffy tonight. For his first WTC, he more than held his own. His heat win was a moment I will savour for a long time.

Fair play to Woffinden he did himself proud tonight unlike some of his more illustrious team mates.

I don't agree that I never post anything positive.

Ah but stand corrected, in your earlier post you praised Tai for his efforts tonight.

Yes your spot on, as i said, you couldn't ask for more from him!!. Must be a first for

you this season, to praise somebody, must write that in my Diary!!.

Laguta did look quite impressive towards the end of the Meeting though, do you agree with that!!.

Edited by Starman2006

woofinden excellent, and same with laguta, shame emil wasnt there too as itd have been even better. Think woofinden, laguta and emil future gp riders.

As for gb started well, but when nicholls mucked gold ride up i knew that was it tbh!

QUOTE (sean b @ Jul 16 2008, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if russsia had emil i thunk they would of qualified but now they will come third hope GB dont go through as we are s**t

hope tai does well tho

king and bridger should be inplace of nicholls and richardson

i agree after thurs night performance look a bit further than nicholls and richardson revamp the team we might loose another w.t.c

but what the heck we cant get near at the moment. look to 2010 use the younger boys give them the sponsership they need to help them

on their way nicholls and richardson are finished in my book give jim lynch good support . bomber is just a one gp wonder he must now come down to earth

start from beginning with a new team totally

Missed the first few heats but from what I saw this was a much better performance tonight but finishing behind Norway/Poland especially on a track outside what was once known as the Eastern Bloc is acutely embarrassing.

History shows Norway/Poland have always been absolutely useless outside their own back yard. In fact for a major speedway nation(s) their international record in the modern era is pathetic, tonight’s qualification represents a major achievement for Norway/Poland and should be acknowledged as such, whatever happens in the final.

All of which, once again, proves your ignorance. Poland finished second to Denmark in last season's SWC event at Vojens. And that was an event that included Australia.

Richardson and Kennett the let downs tonight without a doubt. The thing is though, who do we replace them with?! King, Bridger or Wright aren't any better.

Best we can hope for is stick it out for the next few years and then hopefully riders such as Haines will come through and progress as they promise at the minute to give us a solid foundation for the future. The IMMEDIATE future however, looks bleak.

overall.... average night for gb. BUT great to see Woffinden at least being able to compete at WC Level. Good stuff - Harris was better tonight too.

lee richardson, hang your head in shame..... once again, letting the nation down. Some may think it is unfair criticism to pick on Rico but to be fair, he is capable and SHOULD have done better than what he has done. Very disappointing.

I don't think Lee's let the nation down. He's class in the world cup as he's proven before and it's just this year he seems to have fallen short. Problem with him was he was acting like an individual. Come on Lee you were riding poor by your own standards and admission I'd expect but muck in a bit since it's a team event. At first he was fine but his performance seemed to get him down a bit.

As for Wuffinden, THE BOY DID GOOD. Far better than I expected if I'm honest and I was probably even more impressed by his attitude off track than his antics on track. Must be the Aussie upbringing of never settling for second

I was impressed with Tai off track, he was relaxed but serious about the job, was having a laugh, acted like a proper team member and couldn't plug his sponsors enough. Is there anyone out there who doesn't like the guy!?

Why did it take Kelvin Tatum MBE about twenty minutes to decide that the global superstar had shoved Ljung off on Monday night and about two seconds to decide that Laguta had knocked off Richardson tonight.

Because Richardson's British.

Like Kelvin and Nigel but their GB-tinted specs do tend to get on my nerves when there's 25 heats worth.

If Lynch remains in the job he needs to be aware of the strengths of his riders, Nicholls and pressure don't mix.

If Lynch remains in the job then hope he remembers this night for a long time because I doubt he'll get this far in the event again.

Great ride by Danny Nermark to beat Gollob.

Whilst I'm not a Worky fan, he's done the PL proud :approve:

Poor management from Lynch again. Under-estimated Jagus and Davidsson, while over-estimating the global superstar, in Ht 15. The global superstar always fails to deliver when on a Joker ride in the SWC. And playing it on a programmed ride means that rider (whom you clearly think is worthy) can't take a tactical substitute ride.

Unless I can't add up properly, looking back at my scorecard it was first available in heat 13 when Bomber was out. I think I'd have opted for that, if he wanted to replace Rico let Tai have that ride (or just leave Rico in) and saved Nicholls for later on when we might have, and did need a last push to try and finish in the top 2. I agree he put far too much faith in Nicholls, especially after Monday's showing.

QUITE LITERALLY :shock: if tatum says that one more effen time!!!!............

That's joint top with "quality performer" as the most irritating Tatumism.

To answer the original question, what do I expect for Thursday? Well, I was right - as a team we flattered to deceive after a few encouraging moments when the effects of a boot up the @rse followed by a motivating pep talk wore off and the realisation dawned that other teams were better prepared and ultimately fought harder. Yes, there were some rough gems in there - I know Woffy is good, having the luxury of watching him at Rye House, but Richardson doesn't impress - he would not be riding if there were any decent British riders there to be counted. Time for the promoters to realise the importance of the national team and get money invested in developing more and better riders through to the highest echelons.

Ah but stand corrected, in your earlier post you praised Tai for his efforts tonight.

Yes your spot on, as i said, you couldn't ask for more from him!!. Must be a first for

you this season, to praise somebody, must write that in my Diary!!.

Laguta did look quite impressive towards the end of the Meeting though, do you agree with that!!.

to be fair he does praise riders, its just that they're not usually british!

PL should be proud as Young Tai was the best of the bunch 9 points on his debut and at a track he's never ridden on - as for Lee Richardson and his continued excuses, and that also goes for Mssers Pearson and Tatum constantly going on about how Richardson is a gater. I also can't believe they were saying about taking alot of possitives from the Meeting, only one that i saw TAI. Now Mr Lynch you have a great starting point for the rebuilding of Team GB starting with Tai.

to be fair he does praise riders, its just that they're not usually british!

woffinden aside (potentially) who do you feel is worthy of praise

Guest chris26
Once again?! The only other time he's let the Nation Down as such, is Monday. He's normally superb in world cups, but I agree tonight he was bordering on comical. He actually put the bike down before the Russian hit him too. Not a good decision from the ref. No contact at all.

that's what I was saying. I never said he had failed us in the past :wink::D

but this week, for whatever reason, it's just not clicked for him. I (and I guess a lot of fans are and even Rico himself) cannot put a finger on why/where it's gone pear-shaped :unsure: