British Speedway Forum

Congratulations. Benji Compton 2008 Conference League Riders Champion. :)

Don't upset the Mods...: they think that a thread buried away in the "Testimonials" section is where this one should be posted!!!! :rolleyes:

Well i went to this meeting, first time at rye house and thought it was a good meeting with some good racing and passing. Shame there was quite a few crashes, hope the riders involved are ok.

Well done to benji on the win and darcy was unlucky not to finish higher.

That's correct.

Why not another foreign rider using the Conference League to leapfrog over more young British riders into the Premier league next season.

Marvellous

Same old arguement again, what more clubs need to do is scout out some of these young aussies because they are coming , because legally they have patriality.

I can see the arguement, but its the same as foriegners taking any job, if theres a demand and they are qualified, they will get the work.

So what im saying is get some contacts, scout the riders, and try to sign some yourself, i could give you four names off the top of my head.

Cheers Chopper

That's correct.

Why not another foreign rider using the Conference League to leapfrog over more young British riders into the Premier league next season.

Marvellous

Can't disagree with those sentiments Shadders, but Ward did provide what little excitement there was in an average CLRC.

In Heat One after lifting and losing considerable ground he chased and passed Halsey, Bekker and Compton to win pulling away in a time of 59.0, a sensational ride. The next few heats were all 2.5 seconds plus slower!

In his second ride again losing ground at the start he quickly found he way past Isherwood, Smith and Lambert to win by a distance in another fast time compared with other heats!

A number of riders found the track difficult to get round, and in a number of races there were one or two tailed off at the back, including a very dissapointing Simon Lambert.

Good to catch up with Bob C, Brendan, Dave & Chloe, Swift Saint and I didnt realise until we left Arnie Gibbons (sorry a little slow!) would have introduced myself otherwise :oops: )

Edited by PhilK

Anyone know how Lawson is?

When he went to get changed he told me he was okay but the bike was wrecked!!

top 4 all came from heat 1 and Darcy took the lot of them from the back .. very unlucky lad in my view

That's correct.

Marvellous

Even that fine defender of the faith Uncle Lennie has slipped one ino his Conference Team this year. What is the World coming to. :rolleyes:

Even that fine defender of the faith Uncle Lennie has slipped one ino his Conference Team this year. What is the World coming to. :rolleyes:

Andrew Aldridge isn't the first Antipodean to ride in the CL for Rye House. Joel Parsons started at Rye House before Len sold him and used the money to purchase Stuart Robson.

Aldridge is by no means ready for a PL place judging by his performances this year.

Darcy Ward seems to be much further developed. He'll do mighty fine for the Kings Lynn second team at West Row in the PL next year while you're watching your first team languish near the bottom of the Elite ;)

Darcy Ward seems to be much further developed. He'll do mighty fine for the Kings Lynn second team at West Row in the PL next year while you're watching your first team languish near the bottom of the Elite ;)

[/quote

Elite or Prem League, top bottom or middle, i'll be there....How about you Next Saturday ? :wink:

Elite or Prem League, top bottom or middle, i'll be there....How about you Next Saturday ? :wink:

I haven't missed a home PL meeting in two years. Looking like 50/50 for Wednesday too ;)