British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jw80487

2009 Fim Speedway Grand Prix Permanent Wild Cards And Rider Line-up Confirmed

A return to the knock out system a few seasons ago would be good Now we are seeing the same riders on the podium.

I just think it gave it more thrill - made a mess of the programme, but it was exciting all the way through for sure.

I've often wondered this myself. The only thing I didn't like about this system though is the way some riders only had 2 rides before being eliminated. I do think though a similar format is more entertaining the way the night builds up in tension and interest. I realize that I am in a minority here but it is just my opinion.

Arrange to have a weekend free at the end of June and you can join me in the annual Cardiff pub crawl . :lol:

You'll need to dig out your old Bay City Rollers scarf... :lol:

this really does go to show that the GP series is NOT the top riders in the world.

harris finished behind both iversen and bjarne pedersen last year. iversen missed one gp through injury and pedersen missed two through injury. yet they arent in the 2009 series and harris is??

bjarne pedersen is clearly a much better rider than harris in the leagues and gps, whilst iversen i think is aswell. both are alot more professional imo.

it should be the top 15 riders in the world riding in the gps. therefore no harris.

absoloutely shocking.

Perhaps the inclusion of the American, Swedish and Polish champions of 2008 would have added some colour and spectacle to the proceedingsIm sure Shovvy would have travelled the world to see these riders in action especially the one sporting the Stars and Stripes!

Oh Aye... Janniro, Zetterstrom and Skornicki would liven up the GP's no doubt :wink:

Yes,but there isn't another Shazzybird in the world is there?At least i hope not :wink:

We don't want to judge the population at large by how you go about things :blink:

1. You've never met me so please don't judge me

2. It was an example as to why me and mine go and probably a fair few others as well, not everyone who goes to Cardiff cheers the Brits on, like I said some of mine are Danish, Australian even Swedish fans so whether there are Brits there or not it wont affect their decision to attend ..... like I said it's speedway it's the British GP yes but the Poles amongst others come over for it as we go to theirs

3. It's a forum I'm entitled to my opinion as you are to yours, attack the post not the poster isn't that whats in the rules :rolleyes:

If you look in this weeks Speedway Star CVS that if the top GP guys dont want to race here them so be it,also Pete Toogood is talking of making big decisions for next season. If that means that EL clubs will run on a more constant night e.g Coventry on a friday or Eastbourne on a saturday as they would like to then no GP rider can make themselves available for that.

As it looks like Allen Trump will be staying on for another year at Coventry and he sponsors Chris Harris, I wonder what will happen now? I can't see Chris moving to another team so it looks like it will be same as usual for the Bees with loads of Monday meetings. So much for getting back to some consistency and regular Friday night racing. :neutral:

1. You've never met me so please don't judge me

2. It was an example as to why me and mine go and probably a fair few others as well, not everyone who goes to Cardiff cheers the Brits on, like I said some of mine are Danish, Australian even Swedish fans so whether there are Brits there or not it wont affect their decision to attend ..... like I said it's speedway it's the British GP yes but the Poles amongst others come over for it as we go to theirs

3. It's a forum I'm entitled to my opinion as you are to yours, attack the post not the poster isn't that whats in the rules :rolleyes:

1.Pull your neck in

2.You seem to like to have a reputation of being controversial,not afraid to call a spade a spade or a slovie a slovie.So if you are so out there and different it would be obvious to come to the conclusion that you are a bit different to the general population.Or not? :blink: So,and i do make judgments on people by what they post,uness of course they take on the character of a Mongolian warlord or something,i think it is a fair assumption(without attacking anyone)to say "we can't judge the rest of the population by your standards".

3.Get over it or press the report button,if you think i was attacking you. :neutral::blink:

this really does go to show that the GP series is NOT the top riders in the world.

harris finished behind both iversen and bjarne pedersen last year. iversen missed one gp through injury and pedersen missed two through injury. yet they arent in the 2009 series and harris is??

bjarne pedersen is clearly a much better rider than harris in the leagues and gps, whilst iversen i think is aswell. both are alot more professional imo.

it should be the top 15 riders in the world riding in the gps. therefore no harris.

absoloutely shocking.

..but you dont know if Pedersen or NKI turned the invitation down, therefore the line up maybe the Top 15 (available) riders in the world.

Its all a bit irrelevant anyway, can anyone see the 2009 World Champion coming from anyone outside the 2008 Top 6?

Therefore as long as they are in it the rest, to some extent, dont matter

Edited by BUDGIE

Harris! What a total disgrace! :mad:

I can't say that I'm totally surprised, but as the Adder suggested, this decision stinks the place out. Nicholls deserves his spot, and I have no problem with Lindgren and

Sajfutdinov taking their place in the series either, but there are at least half a dozen riders with a better claim than Bomber. :blink:

The sooner riders are selected on ability rather than nationality the better, but I won't hold my breath. :rolleyes:

Bomber isnt that bad...He had some awful crashes this year and started the year off slowly. I must have watched a completely different rider to most.. I think he'll do ok next year. Nicholls can turn it on when hes really fired up, but to me isnt really going anywhere and Niels deserved a place more so :wink:

As much as id like to see it, i would be very shocked if we have a Brit in the top 8 next year!

good luck to Scotty and Bomber tho!!

I can't say that I'm totally surprised, but as the Adder suggested, this decision stinks the place out. Nicholls deserves his spot, and I have no problem with Lindgren and

Sajfutdinov taking their place in the series either, but there are at least half a dozen riders with a better claim than Bomber. :blink:

The sooner riders are selected on ability rather than nationality the better, but I won't hold my breath. :rolleyes:

Agree totally . The GP series is how we find our World Champion , how is this possible when a certain amount of riders are only selected through a quirk of birth . If we must go down the GP route then let's get a better method of qualification sorted out .

Edited by Paulco

When there is only 8 qualifying spots and such a big gap between the top 4 and the rest there is always gonna be riders who don't quite make the grade. There isnt and never will be 16 world class riders, simple as. Should we just have 8 Gp riders ....How boring. :P

Good Luck to Bomber, I'm sure he will do much better next year.

. Should we just have 8 Gp riders ....How boring. :P

Good Luck to Bomber, I'm sure he will do much better next year.

Eeekkk!Can you "imagine that" as LL Cool J would say?Heck no.That would be even worse if you were always going to get quotas from different countries.2 from Denmark,2 from Poland,2 from GB and then one Swede and one "other" :blink::wink:

Sajfutdinov taking their place in the series either, but there are at least half a dozen riders with a better claim than Bomber

The sooner riders are selected on ability rather than nationality the better, but I won't hold my breath.

OH - please do, it could be fun!!!! and we'll tell you when to stop. :lol::lol:

And stop picking on Bomber it wouldnt be allowed if he was a Robin now would it!!!! :wink::lol: