British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hackett

Setanta - Polish Speedway

There was a strong rumour that Setanta may be pitching for Polish or Swedish speedway ... Has anyone heard anything on this ?!!?

i hope so cant stick many more boring monday night watching british el

Don't watch it then :rolleyes:

Who's to say Polish speedway is any better? It's still four bikes going around and around? :approve:

hate soaps so its only other thing to watch! and i think its pretty well known polish speedway is more hard fought and better to watch.

The el on sky last year was shockingly bad..

Who's to say Polish speedway is any better? It's still four bikes going around and around? :approve:

People who have watched it :unsure:

Despite it still being four bikes going around and around, they have this strange tendency to change the order that they are in as they go around!

think its pretty well known polish speedway is more hard fought and better to watch...

You've been taking too much notice of what Subedei says. :lol:

I didn't think the E.L. shown last year was too bad at all - much better than the season before.

You've been taking too much notice of what Subedei says. :lol:

To be fair to him, he was always spot on - I watched alot of Polish Speedway last season and it was fantastic. Totally different from British Speedway, a whole different outlook on things.

However, both Polish and British Speedway have their pluses and minus' - I watch both, and enjoy both.

What i dont get is there is a huge gulf in excitement and racing style yet theres alot of riders compete in both leagues so why is it that there riding style changes just because they change there race jacket

What i dont get is there is a huge gulf in excitement and racing style yet theres alot of riders compete in both leagues so why is it that there riding style changes just because they change there race jacket

It's all to do with track preparation i would imagine . I've seen Leszno on the telly and there seems umpteen racing lines , likewise Bydgoszcz is universally accepted as the most entertaining GP normally . Then you see some EL tracks and they're as bald as a coot . :rolleyes:

Not only that, you don't see Jason Crump about a lap ahead of riders like James Brundle.

Instead you got equally spread races where the competition is so intense, that anyone could win. There is alot more pressure on in Poland, with the stakes alot higher - I guess that gives riders even more a boost and desire to win.

The EL is a complete sham no wonder very few people are interested in speedway.

Although, yes, I am a Rye House fan, but by far the best meeting was Reading Vs. Rye House last season. Reason: final score 46:45 is only half the story, it looked like we were down and out but we fought back, but heat 14 decided it, abd OysterCard's EF in heat 15 was the final twist.

But back to the subject, should Polish Speedway make it onto Setanta, I would watch.

It's a shame that Sky Sports has a stranglehold on ALL British Speedway being shown live in the UK.