British Speedway Forum
paul84

The 2009 Premier League Riders' Championship

Well done Ricky,best man on the night and bad luck David Howe a repeat of your semi final sweep around the outside was just too much to ask. One major gripe get some stewards on the car park at leaving time cos 50 minutes of bumpers to move 50 yards is a joke!

I really enjoyed yesterdays meeting at Sheffield first class racing on a great track as a Stars fan i was a little disapointed Darcy or Tom didnt win though had Dacy not got caught up in traffic in the final i,m sure he,d have won as he was closing in on Ashworth fast . Only one moan about yesterday is what a poor PA system couldnt hear a thing on the first bend .

Strong words from Ty Proctor in the Middlesbrough Evening Gazette tonight.

"Take the meeting to anywhere else and bring it on"

"It's Ricky Ashworths home track of course he's going to win it. He rides here every week. Take it to Kings Lynn, take it anywhere else and there would have been a diferent winner".

Saying what most people are thinking. Far from sour grapes, just common sense! Ashworth wouldn't have won anywhere else!

<removed>

To be honest there is no need for that. Bellers is making a valid point, which alot of fans are also agreeing with.

Taken from the BSPA site:-

DARCY Ward believes his slow start in the final of the Premier League Riders’ Championship cost him a chance of victory.

The King’s Lynn man was in his final and was edged out by Sheffield’s Ricky Ashworth.

Said Ward: “I was disappointed. I’ve worked so hard all year. I came here as favourite and didn’t pull it off. If I’d have made the start in the final I would have smoked him.”

Well if my aunty had ball$ she'd be my uncle

"It's Ricky Ashworths home track of course he's going to win it. He rides here every week. Take it to Kings Lynn, take it anywhere else and there would have been a diferent winner".

Saying what most people are thinking. Far from sour grapes, just common sense! Ashworth wouldn't have won anywhere else!

So what Procter is saying is, at Kings Lynn Ward/Topinka wouldn't have an home advantage - yeh right.

He's right, but I think if any of the four finalists had made the start they would have 'smoked' the final.

Interesting comments from Proctor, although I'm not sure that holding it at Lynn would solve the home advantage problem :unsure::D

He's right, but I think if any of the four finalists had made the start they would have 'smoked' the final.

Interesting comments from Proctor, although I'm not sure that holding it at Lynn would solve the home advantage problem :unsure::D

Ty must be either trying to be ironic or trying to prove some kind of point!! :neutral:

It's clear to all that Ashworth only won as the meeting was @ Sheffield but he can only beat what's in front of him!!

He's arrogant, cocky and hates losing....sounds like a future World Champion to me :D

Ty is not the most gracious of losers (although he is better than he was last year). Think he was speaking out of frustration more than anything else.

Actually - Ty might have had a chance at Kings Lynn :wink:

i saw proctor in the pits when ricky was making his speech and he looked like he was crying and sean wilson was calming him down.

ward was stood next to him having an interview, i must say i do not like darcy wards attitude at all, yes he is a good rider but he is a miserable to55er when he doesn't win.

proctor blew his chance of having the best gate in the qualifiers, and he has beaten ashworth around owlerton a few times this year, ricky obviously wanted it more last night

Riders doing it on their own Award Ceremony from Sheffield :approve:

Slurred Speech Award

Big hello to all the usual suspects who obviously made their mark in the Tavern.Sorry i couldn't meet you in there unfortunately none of my passengers could drive & if that wasnt bad enough one of them *dont worry b4l i wont name you* has developed a bizarre illness which is like a taurette's allergy whereby when he goes past certain Sheffield football stadiums he coughs & sneezes obscenities.

Also big hi to Squall,Vog, Spinny & anyone else i met for the 1st time

Dick Emery Award

Fisher - Really out of character for him and surprised he did not do more and i was thinking too myself yesterday oooohhhh you are awful when my thought passage was distracted by..............the next award

Cluedo Award

Ok admit it...i thoroughly enjoyed the party atmosphere on the 1st bend but something confused me who changed the lyrics to Lets all do the Conga to mention above rider :blink:

Corrie VS Eastenders Award

Not sure if your Steve MacDonald or Rikkkaaayyyy but a very big WELL DONE.An entertaining meeting and a rider won the hard way albeit with a tinge of track knowledge but no one can say for sure you would not have won it somewhere else.

Dante in Film Clerks Award

Michal.Just wasnt your day.Interestingly i asked b4l what he thought of all the other riders who had raced against Michal he said he didnt mind a certain rider (who he beat *coughs gifted*) and Kenni (he didnt want to walk home)

Guinness Award

Kenni- Well Done the man in Black & White

only minor negative of the meeting is the last Award and unfortunately i must emphasise it should not be read until after the watershed and i would advise children & easily offended as well as the already bored do not read this Award please.I must say anyone who does read it and is offended please do not hesitate to send me your nasty comments on my B4L PM address :rolleyes:

Katie Prices 1st Boyfriend Award

If you had a red helmet and got up the inside first good on ya however if you went in to the curves after that you entered the mix and ran the gamble as to whether you catch something & make a name for yourself

OH DEARY DEARY ME, is this same Ty Proctor, who was talking it large in the Redcar local press how he was going to win the meeting, funny I don't recall him mentioning Ricky Ashworth having home advantage.

I think young Proctor needs to put his dummy back firmly in his mouth,and yes very much sour grapes.

don't you just love it when the aussies are whinging,just makes life so much sweeter!!!!!!! :D:D:D