British Speedway Forum

nothing changes

The usual group of know all's moaning about everything being joined by the school holiday brigade

Get a life

She has to broadcast to a wide range audience, not just you know it all's

Well what about being able to talk proper to start with so that the great majority can understand what she's yapping on about :blink:

Well what about being able to talk proper to start with so that the great majority can understand what she's yapping on about :blink:

Don't be daft, she's northern!

Favourite still has to be Suzi :wink:

Too right, the first and best.

Charlie gives it 110%

Charlie gives it 110%

:lol::lol:

wasnt sure about her at first but shes growing on me and its obvious shes becoming a fan :wink:

wasnt sure about her at first but shes growing on me and its obvious shes becoming a fan

Same with me. At first I thought she was just a giggly girl to satisfy the eye candy requirements. :lol:

The more I see of her, I am strangely drawn to want to see more of her :shock::lol:

:blink::blink:

Let's be honest, there are only one or two questions you can ask a rider after he's just won a heat - and having to do 25 post-race interviews is always going to get a bit repetative.

Personally I think she does a good job - although I'd like to see more of Johno.

- although I'd like to see more of Johno.

so would I :wink::lol::oops:

So, one of the requirements of the job is to be pretty. And that is, as always, subjective.

But overall Charlie is a very pretty young lady.

So why oh why does do they not use that as a requirement for choosing the male presenters.

I feel there is sexual discrimination going on here!!!

You Brits just don't know how good You have it. Compare the Sky Sports Speedway crew with those employed in Polish TV or Swedish or Danish, and You will see how good Yours are.

They are passionate, usually know what they are talking about, and often funny to listen to (Tatum and the mole) and Charlie Webster is my personal favorite. She is so cute and lovely. My kind of a girl, really! She makes my day! :wub:

Although it do look like had just been crying after we lost!!

So tell me – how many female sports presenters are there out there with a substantial knowledge of speedway.

There are very few I suspect. Give her a break

Crying ..... probably a bit of glitter from her eyeliner in the tearduct hun :wink:

Female Sports Presenter ...... You've not met Rainbow have you? Bryn what's Rainbow like with interviews :rolleyes:

Failing that a good male presenter .... awwww that'd be Shane Childs :approve:

If she reads the forum.....keep up the good work

She might not read the forum but Nigel Pearson was very complimentry on a facebook status the other day about his threads ...... not and what he called speedway fans was no ones business!!!!

So by that token, you agree with me that Nigel Pearson needs to go too? he does not spwak, he shouts most of the time.

Yep most of the time but I have to admit he hasn't this week as much, I could actually understand what was being said as both him and Sir Kelv were quieter!

Imagine going into a sport with no knowledge and having to pick it up this quick.

Yeah imagine :rolleyes: how many other sports have interviewers that no bugger all about the sport they are presenting! Just because we are not the most popular sport why do we have to have the amateurs and train them up only for them to disappear! There are plenty of ex-riders that could do just a good job.

Well, at least she doesn't think Schlein rides for Sweden, or was it just me that heard that? :blink:

I heard that! Thought I'd had one too many Wkds lol

Can anyone remember back to when Sophie first started.

Did she receive this much stick.

God yes!!!!! not from the Page 3 fans though I might add!

I think she is doing a great job. She has actively went out her way to learn all about the sport. She obviously reads the SpeedwayStar as she can pull out some facts about rider's performances during the week in other places, injuries etc Plus she can pronounce the foreign riders names!. She has a good rapport with the riders and manages to ask the right questions at the right time, giving the rider a chance to reply and give as an insight into behind the scenes.

Even though she looked like a duck out of water in her first few meetings. She quickly picked it up and is now doing a great job!

Sky have actually done pretty well with the last two presenters. Both have been knowledgable about the sport, asked the right questions and were easy on the eye ;)

All the critics on here never change ... must take a hell of a lot to please you!

Charlie gives it 110%

yeah spot on VH

I was actually very suprised to see that she was anchoring the meeting last night as it usually takes sky a long time to trust presenters who dont normally do it

attractive girl, positive attitude, personable, still learning her trade.... and I should imagine not paid a fortune