British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
WembleyLion

Wildcards 2010

Reading these posts is it any wonder British speedway is in the mess its in

how do you mean?

how do you mean?

Presumably Myself and a few others can be blamed for the parlous state of british speedway at the moment because i stated no current british rider desrves to be in the GPs on merit.And of course so far i have been proved..............right :rolleyes: I have broad enough shoulders.Don't blame the riders,don't blame the promoters,don't blame the system,blame a few fans on this forum for saying it like it is :blink: The rest of the world shakes their head and cries,we should big the riders up,just like every world Cup people think the english football team stand a pretty good chance of winning the thing :lol:

If Kennet is in GP probably due to sponsership he could bring with him ,money talks.Woofy was talking the same story if he is picked.

If Kennet is in GP probably due to sponsership he could bring with him ,money talks.Woofy was talking the same story if he is picked.

In which way, what company is Kennett bringing in to sponsor a GP or two during his season in the GP.

Kennet and Woffinden and two totally different stories, wake up.

Second fact to this matter is that no other word regarding the WC's is given since a "torunboss" said Kennett and Woffinden were in last weekend...

As I said before there are not really any Brits worthy of a place in the GP's..................Tai is too young and too hot headed and Kennett will never be a 'World Class' rider.............there are youngsters coming through but are they being given a chance to compete with the big boys???????????? May be the fact there are not enough 'good' Brits at the moment is because the Elite League is overloaded with foreigners and not only that very few are given the chance to double up because of the number of foreign riders at reserve.........

How many teams have more than one Brit in their team all the time in the Elite League???????????? May be the time has come to put British Speedway back on the map.............let more Brits into the Elite League and then may be it will go back to the 70's and 80's when British Speedway was at least ten times better than it is now....................

Rant over

RP

In which way, what company is Kennett bringing in to sponsor a GP or two during his season in the GP.

Kennet and Woffinden and two totally different stories, wake up.

Second fact to this matter is that no other word regarding the WC's is given since a "torunboss" said Kennett and Woffinden were in last weekend...

You are misreading my post.

What is it with this site and people desperately trying to prove they are 'in the know' about things that they actually know sweet f.a about?

What are you people trying to achieve? You'll just look even bigger idiots than you already do when the riders are announced and you are completely wrong

There might be one person trying to tell us something they really do know, but there are so many others trying to make themselves look big and important that this one person will be grouped with them and ignored.

This forum is nothing compared with a few years back

:rolleyes:

I agree with you completly , no WC have actually been announced as yet have they ? And as for knocking our British riders could any of you go out there and do a better job.

Danish Media is saying rumours are that the 4 wild cards are:

Freddie

Hans A

Tai

Eddie

You are misreading my post.

I thought you said money talks. To me it means they'll have to pay for their place by bringing in sponsorship like most of the WC rally drivers do for their team and some of the F1 for their teams. Only in speedway IMG is the team. If Hagon Shocks puts in another 50k in Eddies pocket, I really dont see how that will benefit the "team"...

Maybe SKY will put the money in, if the GPs are pay to play already then that says they are struggling.

As I said before there are not really any Brits worthy of a place in the GP's..................Tai is too young and too hot headed and Kennett will never be a 'World Class' rider.............there are youngsters coming through but are they being given a chance to compete with the big boys???????????? May be the fact there are not enough 'good' Brits at the moment is because the Elite League is overloaded with foreigners and not only that very few are given the chance to double up because of the number of foreign riders at reserve.........

How many teams have more than one Brit in their team all the time in the Elite League???????????? May be the time has come to put British Speedway back on the map.............let more Brits into the Elite League and then may be it will go back to the 70's and 80's when British Speedway was at least ten times better than it is now....................

Rant over

RP

so was emil too young and hot headed??? i hope that its true, give the lads a go. nicholls,harris and rico have all had there chance.

i love tractors.

Emil is better then Tai and more experienced as well.

EK well he is way to mediocre to be in the GPs. Emil only Rides in Two leagues too (Poland& Russia)

Some say that Tai/EK will get new big sponsors. So?

its not all about machinery or having big budgets. EK has rode his meetings in Sweden

at Kråkvilan which is a short and narrow "British style track" and despite that his score have

been very low.

Even a rider like Eric Andersson have better scores (22p/24 heats/5 meetings) in Elitserien.

Tai has done very well in his first season in Elitserien, especially the second half but he has mostly

ridden as a reserve soi think he should wait a year at least to get some more experience.

IMO a rider needs to show some consistency scoring in at least two leagues from riding as nr 1-5

before they should be considered for a WC.

Danish Media is saying rumours are that the 4 wild cards are:

Freddie

Hans A

Tai

Eddie

Think that was said on Page 1 on the thread where Ed and Tai are being ripped to pieces :rolleyes:

Edited by shazzybird

I agree with you completly , no WC have actually been announced as yet have they ? And as for knocking our British riders could any of you go out there and do a better job.

It's not their job to do better than professional British speedway riders. Are we only allowed to have an opinion on something if we can do the job better ourselves?

Rob McCaffery.

Surely better sponsors the money would be used on better machinery to use in the GP's and in the leagues.

Let's not forget that Tai is a 'factory' Jawa rider or JRM as it is now