British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Swc Event 2, King's Lynn, 26/7

I Definately don't agree with this. you obviously didn't read my posts, as you are going round in circles. Neil took Team GB as far as he could, and if Rob Lyon can achieve what Neil did with the riders at his disposal, which is not a lot, then good luck to the man.

But believe me, Saturday will not be a walk in the park, and if we get on the podium that will be a good result, but all our boys will have to ride like they did last night, and better!! And tell me this, where are the next set of riders going to come from when Nicholls Richardson and Harris retire? read my other posts and you will get the answers!!

I wasn't replying to your post so why would I have read your post??! However your reply is not a response to mine either!!!!!!!!

I was merely commenting that Rob Lyon is not the saviour made out because of last year's error, but has done a great job this year with a U-turn on supposed older riders and to get Harris and Nicholls in one team. As others pointed out last year, that flawed team GB logic of young riders - other countries do not bin riders over 30 as quickly.

I don't know where the next set of riders are coming from - you tell me. It is not from Poole :). People tell me (and looking at last year's World Cup selection) it is Bridger, Kennett, Barker, King. I disagreed last year, and this year. Averages tell their own stories, and when Nicholls was their he was a number 1....some of these 4 riders (not all) actually believe their own hype too.

For the record. Middlo had better riders, he had a World Champion. Lets not forget that. 2004 was on his home track, and it can be argued he should have done better in other World Cups.

Rob Lyon should be praised for this World Cup so far, but it should be qualified that he imposed a flawed young rider policy that meant we did not reach the final last year, imo.

Edited by Authorised

Great isn't it? Reckon Shazzy should come and stand near SCB at Cov when I next visit there (probably August 6) - it would hugely add to my entertainment for the night. :wink::P

All the best

Rob

Maybe live updates would cover it!

Back to the meeting - I stayed home to watch it on telly, and throughly enjoyed the meeting. I even got my dad, who claims he doesnt like speedway, to sit and watch the whole thing. He only ever watches 1 or 2 heats with me, so credit to Kings Lynn for putting on a meeting which a non speedway fan actually wanted to sit and watch! Although, not sure he was watching for the speedway, or just the start girls!!

Well done to Team GB!!

I wasn't replying to your post so why would I have read your post??! However your reply is not a response to mine either!!!!!!!!

I was merely commenting that Rob Lyon is not the saviour made out because of last year's error, but has done a great job this year with a U-turn on supposed older riders and to get Harris and Nicholls in one team. As others pointed out last year, that flawed team GB logic of young riders - other countries do not bin riders over 30 as quickly.

I don't know where the next set of riders are coming from - you tell me. It is not from Poole :). People tell me (and looking at last year's World Cup selection) it is Bridger, Kennett, Barker, King. I disagreed last year, and this year. Averages tell their own stories, and when Nicholls was their he was a number 1....some of these 4 riders (not all) actually believe their own hype too.

For the record. Middlo had better riders, he had a World Champion. Lets not forget that. 2004 was on his home track, and it can be argued he should have done better in other World Cups.

Rob Lyon should be praised for this World Cup so far, but it should be qualified that he imposed a flawed young rider policy that meant we did not reach the final last year, imo.

Rob Lyon did not IMPOSE"a flawed young rider policy"last year he SELECTED a team of riders that regardless of experience were best suited to the job at that time.I am sure that if you ask him Rob would have been only too happy to have included the likes of Scott Nicholls etc had they have been on form and in the right frame of mind to be part of the team

Was I the only person to say something to you on Monday night SCB hmmmmm no I wasn't was I icon_lol.gif
Bless her, she's at it again, see/hearing things.

You were the only person to say something. Who was the other person? Or is it another mythical person that you've made up but can't give a name to but will use in your big pack of lies arguement? You're a hypocrite, you won't name names of the people who moved away/saw thing/said things but you were happy to name the people who you claim were laughing and cheering a fallen rider.

I think when Schlein came off it was more of a "WAHEEEEEEEEEEY" kinda reaction, not "Yay!! Let's hope he's injured!"

At that point in the meeting it wasn't just about us trying to win races, it was about keeping the Aussie's score as low as possible. Anyone notice how no one cheered when Nermark or Woffinden came off?!

Oh how sweet SCB has someone to back him bless

1 - 0 to SCB then?

Back to the meeting - I stayed home to watch it on telly, and throughly enjoyed the meeting. I even got my dad, who claims he doesnt like speedway, to sit and watch the whole thing. He only ever watches 1 or 2 heats with me, so credit to Kings Lynn for putting on a meeting which a non speedway fan actually wanted to sit and watch! Although, not sure he was watching for the speedway, or just the start girls!!

Well done to Team GB!!

I got my mum, my brother and his mate to sit and watch it and that takes some doing!! Though half they time they were laughing at Nigel Pearson!wink.gif They all seemed to enjoy watching it though :)

About the rory debate (if you can call it that!), if you were all standing near each other shouldn't you have had this discussion at the meeting rather than on a forum and subjecting everyone else to read it. And there is no point putting anyone on ignore before someone says it as you all quote each other!!icon_lol.gif

Will this debate continue for much longer ? If so I think i will start selling popcorn. :lol:

Will this debate continue for much longer ? If so I think i will start selling popcorn. :lol:

You can be sure of that :blink: Makes me sad to be British when someone comes on and tries to deflect the attention away from our boys great performance.I know if i was a Slovies standing around all day hoping for a British passport and a job it would make me sick to see a turncoat who drives hundreds of miles to support Australia of all countries and spends a tenner on a blooming flag. :angry:

make mine a large one, and can you chuck in a litre bottle of Pepsi Max whilst we're on the subject :wink:

SCB, Shazzy, wouldn't you guys be better off having this slanging match on MSn.

Airing your personal greivances on here is spoiling what was fantastic evening.

For the record, from me there was an Ooooh yeah when Roo fell & an applause when he got to his feet, it's called sport guys, all part of the game.

Comparing this season to last doesn't really work. This season's Australian team were without their top two riders, while last season the Poles were also kicking around, not a weak Swedish side. Credit to the British team for beating their opponents, but their opponents were uniformly weak. Add Crump and Adams to the Australian side, together with the Polish team that trounced everyone on Sunday and you get a very different story. This is not the time to be papering over the cracks and pretending everything is suddenly right with the speedway world, lest Saturday brings an awful encounter with reality. Remember how everyone exalted at Britain's Coventry showing in 2007? A Nicholls maximum and Harris not far behind him? Where did that lead to at Leszno?

SCB, Shazzy, wouldn't you guys be better off having this slanging match on MSn.

Airing your personal greivances on here is spoiling what was fantastic evening.

I thought this was what the forum was for these days ;)

Rob Lyon did not IMPOSE"a flawed young rider policy"last year he SELECTED a team of riders that regardless of experience were best suited to the job at that time.I am sure that if you ask him Rob would have been only too happy to have included the likes of Scott Nicholls etc had they have been on form and in the right frame of mind to be part of the team

Top Post

It's about time people got to know what it's like organising a Team, it's not just about picking top names, you have got to make sure those riders will gel together as a Team.

Things don't always just fall into position, not everybody has the knack of putting a Team together, who can work together, Rob Lyon has the ability to get a collection of riders to work as a Team and all pull together, I think that was shown Monday night.

I wish them all the best for Saturday