British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Swc Event 2, King's Lynn, 26/7

I'm quite surprised that you've gone for two PL riders over Ward & Schlein.

So would BFD.Doesn't he mean any 5 from the first 6 mentioned....then the other two(travis included) :unsure:

Oh, have I read it wrong? Sorry BFD!

I can't see what some people see in Mcgowan,he is in the premier because he is not good enough for the elite league any more.

I can't see what some people see in Mcgowan,he is in the premier because he is not good enough for the elite league any more.

Agree, no way will Mcgowan or Doolan be anywhere near getting in the team. I see nobody has mentioned Ty Proctor. Now thats a young lad that deserves a go at No 5 and is superb round the Norfolk Arena

1, Holder

2, Watt

3, Batchelor

4, Ward

5, Proctor

All have relatively recent experience of racing at the Norfolk Arena

Edited by screamer

If Team GB puts any issues aside then there is no reason we can't get through to the final 1st time round. Form riders have been picked so fingers crossed we can have a good world cup. So plssss Scott and Bomber do us a favour and act your age for this one.

Said on sky tonight Crump not riding in round one and not sure if hes going to ride in the others anyone know why

Didn't see this one answered in the thread, so apologies if it has already been answered...

Jason is apparently getting another operation done on his arm during the SGP break, ruling him out of the SWC matches.

Edited by HenryW

Quite pleased with the riders Lyon has picked this time, they certainly seem the best five form wise at the moment, still not good enough to worry the major teams though.

As for the Aussies, surely Shields has done enough to earn a place, he's been in great form this season.

As for the Aussies, surely Shields has done enough to earn a place, he's been in great form this season.

Spot on there, Pearcey - should be skipper I reckon; he's having a great season. I've gone for 5 EL heatleaders in my fantasy team; Ward, Proctor and Doyle haven't done enough in my book, plus at reserve I've gone Doolan for local knowledge & McGowan who's finally getting his confidence back after a couple of horror injuries. Luckily its up to Boycey, not me, and I'm sure he'll name a squad before the programs are printed. I'd hope Jason'll be back for the final but if he ain't, so be it.

Whats the odds on Polska?

Quite pleased with the riders Lyon has picked this time, they certainly seem the best five form wise at the moment, still not good enough to worry the major teams though.

Then Adams may as well ride! He said he gave up his place so the youngsters would get a go...

Get plenty of dirt down and watch Steady and the boys rip straight into the final.

On overall performance's the Team GB squad picks itself.....Barker, Kennett, Bridger and King have to be more consistent.

Then Adams may as well ride! He said he gave up his place so the youngsters would get a go...

True, but then Shields isn't retiring at the end of the season so why should he give up his rightful place in the World Cup? I may be wrong but I think Shields is younger than Crump, does that mean Crump should step aside too? (I know he'll miss the early part because of his operation and may miss the whole tournament)

The youngsters will get their chance when the time is right in my opinion.

Spot on there, Pearcey - should be skipper I reckon; he's having a great season. I've gone for 5 EL heatleaders in my fantasy team; Ward, Proctor and Doyle haven't done enough in my book, plus at reserve I've gone Doolan for local knowledge & McGowan who's finally getting his confidence back after a couple of horror injuries. Luckily its up to Boycey, not me, and I'm sure he'll name a squad before the programs are printed. I'd hope Jason'll be back for the final but if he ain't, so be it.

Whats the odds on Polska?

If you mean the betting odds, I think the Poles are favourites, the last I saw with Paddy Power was 11/10, with the Danes at 6/4.

Personally I think the bookies have it about right, but it should be a good tussle. If Crump returns for the Aussies then they could be worth a punt. I just hope the winners this year win it without the farcical joker situation we had last time.

I was going to buy my ticket from the speedwaygp website. It put me through to seetickets.com and I just wondered if anyone else has used these and how long it takes for the tickets to come as it is only a couple weeks away now.

whats happening about the new silencers being fitted, many riders are threatening to boycott the SWC because of them, anybody know.