British Speedway Forum
Rob B

Belle Vue Junior Championship

Am I the only one that split their pint while reading that? :lol:

Who did you "split" it with may I ask ???

And a classic reply to the Admin Police LMAO !!! :lol:

Lucky

Edited by Little-End

From Belle Vue Aces Fans Site :

1. Nick Morris 2, 3, 3, 3, 3 = 14

2. Jason Garrity 3, 3, 3, 1, 3 = 13+3

3. Jake Anderson 3, 3, 3, 3, 1 = 13+2

4. Richard Franklin 2, 2, 2, 2, 2 = 10

5. Gary Irving 1, 1, 1, 3, 3 = 9

6. Robert Branford 2, 2, 3, 0, 2 = 9

7. Ashley Morris 1, 2, 1, 2, 3 = 9

8. Steve Worrall 3, 1, 2, 2, 1 = 9

9. Micky Dyer 1, 2, 0, 3, 2 = 8

10. Gino Manzares 3, 3, X = 6 Withdrawn

11. Scott Richardson M, R, 2, 2, 2 = 6

12. Chris Widman 1, 0, 2, 1, 1 =

13. Jack Hirst 2, 1, 0, 1, 1 = 5

14. James Sarjeant 0, 1, 1, 1, 0 = 3

15. John Macphail 0, 0, 1, M, M = 1

16. Richie Worrall X, F, 0, 0, 0 = 0

R. David Holt 0, 0, 0, 0 = 0

What a good meeting this was. Congrats to Nick Morris for a deserved win. He was the smoothest rider on show and considering these were his first rides at Belle Vue, to clock the fastest time of the night (61.0), and win most of his races comfortably, is very impressive. Some weeks that time would win a race at EL level! Well done also to Jason Garrity, who is always good value with his all action style, and whose run off with Jake Anderson for second place will go down as one of the best races of the season. Others who deserve a special mention were Rob Branford who had one terrific race with Garrity in Heat 19, Richard Franklin, who looked very tidy, and whose second place in Heat 20 handed the Championship to Nick Morris, and Gary Irving, whose leg-trailing style is just great to watch. Gino Manzeres was unfortunate when he crashed in Heat 12. He was third and carrying so much more speed than Steve Worrall and collided with him going into turn one. He withdrew from the meeting having taken a knock to his back, but returned for the presentation, to be given £200 of chains from the meeting sponsor for being the Most Unlucky Rider of the Night. Nick Morris was given a prize as highest scorer and Jason Garrity was given a prize for being the Most Exciting Rider. Adam Wrathall was also presented with a prize as he was meant to be taking part in tonight's meeting until he broke his leg.

All in all a great advert for speedway, and just goes to show that you don't need GP or EL riders to see great speedway entertainment. :approve:

Edited by Killer Cat from Mars

Absolutely delighted for young Nick! :D :D :D :D :D

Who did you "split" it with may I ask ???

And a classic reply to the Admin Police LMAO !!! :lol:

Lucky

As you can tell by the time of the post, I was w**kered :)

As for the result, well the BSPA will be scratching their heads now and thinking "what can we do next to stop Buxton winning the league?"

Hitmen 1-2, GET IN! :D

Curses!! A certain Pommy Bar Steward called Marcus just reminded me Nick's a Pom! Team GB will be calling soon, no doubt! Dunno if I could handle Team GB made up of five dual-nationality riders!

Edited by BigFatDave

G/Day BFD .. All the good Aussies are born in the UK ;)

Regards. :D

Curses!! A certain Pommy Bar Steward called Marcus just reminded me Nick's a Pom! Team GB will be calling soon, no doubt! Dunno if I could handle Team GB made up of five dual-nationality riders!

So pleased for young Nick . So glad he's at Glasgow . :approve:

As you can tell by the time of the post, I was w**kered :)

As for the result, well the BSPA will be scratching their heads now and thinking "what can we do next to stop Buxton winning the league?"

Hitmen 1-2, GET IN! :D

Must be something to do with teams beginning with a "B" :lol::wink:

G/Day BFD .. All the good Aussies are born in the UK ;)

Regards. :D

I believe Nick was actually born and bred in Australia. His father, Lee, is English, but moved to Oz when he was a youngster.

One thing for sure is Nick is a talented young man. He made a few appearances at Ashfield last year, and even though he was very raw and a wee bit wild due to his size and inexperience on the 500s, you could see he had something about him. I was very happy to see him sign up for Glasgow :approve:

Big well done to the club and Steve and his crew.

Also to the sponsors that put in the money to make it happen, and the riders and crowd that supported it.

Cheers Chopper

I can only echo Choppers comments.

Rain was threatening all the time and this clearly influenced how the track was prepared but it still provided some good racing.

Well done to Steve Williams and everyone else who helped out to make it a success. Not that well supported by spectators but those who stayed away missed a good night. A huge thanks to all the sponsors who clearly made it possible to run the meeting.

Martin Widman