British Speedway Forum

Danes & Swedes for me... depends on the track though to be honest.

Does anyone know when the FIM Jury get their fingers out of the backsides and decide on which team wears what helmet colour for the Race Off?

I need it to finish off the updates template.

Heart says Australia and Russia.

Head says Australia and Denmark.

Heart says.....Sweden and Russia

Head says......Sweden and Denmark (but only just)

You might like to check out a new free totally non-commercial and no advertising whatsoever 'new kid on the block' race card.

'Score-As-You-View' Race Card for the World Cup Race-Off

It's my first attempt at a race card which reflects differences that i think are beneficial. Hopefully others will also share my preferences in the layout. Have a look and see.

Key differences to ones i've seen, some only small but i hope make for a better card.

1. 'Score-As-You-View' reflects the visual synchronization of the gates as seen on tv from outside to inside. Just one glance will align your eyes with what you see on the screen, you don't have to go loooking in the 'gate' column and then scan the line (possibly more than once, as i used to have to do anyway lol).

2. The colour coding is extended, as i use on my home made spreadsheets. Instead of just a small 'helmet colour' box (or even a letter 'R', 'B' etc.) the riders name is included. This again facilitates for only a speedier glance being needed.

3. The cumalative team total columns are also colour coded making for a quicker filling out of the race result and update of the standings.

4. A small touch, but again, i personally think it makes a difference, i've printed the rider's surname in block letters. If you think about it, whether in your own mind or listening to a race commentary you refer to a rider by the last name. Also if quickly scanning down the race card for a rider having the surname printed so makes it stand out easier.

Edited by manchesterpaul

And justice says Sweden and Denmark or even russia.....

You might like to check out a new free totally non-commercial and no advertising whatsoever 'new kid on the block' race card.

It's my first attempt at a race card which reflects differences that i think are beneficial. Hopefully others will also share my preferences in the layout. Have a look and see.

Key differences to ones i've seen, some only small but i hope make for a better card.

1. 'Score-As-You-View' reflects the visual synchronization of the gates as seen on tv from outside to inside. Just one glance will align your eyes with what you see on the screen, you don't have to go loooking in the 'gate' column and then scan the line (possibly more than once, as i used to have to do anyway lol).

2. The colour coding is extended, as i use on my home made spreadsheets. Instead of just a small 'helmet colour' box (or even a letter 'R', 'B' etc.) the riders name is included. This again facilitates for only a speedier glance being needed.

3. The cumalative team total columns are also colour coded making for a quicker filling out of the race result and update of the standings.

4. A small touch, but again, i personally think it makes a difference, i've printed the rider's surname in block letters. If you think about it, whether in your own mind or listening to a race commentary you refer to a rider by the last name. Also if quickly scanning down the race card for a rider having the surname printed so makes it stand out easier.

Nice race card, thanks.

Nice race card, thanks.

You're welcome.

Although, as it's my first one ever - as in publishing a pdf document - forgive me for having made a couple of tweaks since you posted this. All in the name of improvement of course lol.

Don't know if you downloaded it, but if so might be worth doing so again.

And if you prefer the old-school-design from Denmark, Race Card for tomorrows Race-Off has been made:

Race Card for SWC Race-Off the 29th July

Thank you my friend. You do a terrific job and really add to my enjoyment of the meetings. Next best thing to being there and filling in your programme. Alan.

Nice race card, thanks.

both your's and Danish Webmaster's are first class. Well done and thanks. Now i have both! Alan.

both your's and Danish Webmaster's are first class. Well done and thanks. Now i have both! Alan.

Couldn't agree more - now I'm popping down the Bottle-Oh for a carton of flamin' Carlsberg to help set the mood. In order to ensure I'll capture that "Really There" feeling I'm also rigging up a sprinkler over me head just in case it rains, and I'm pinning a photo of Nicki P. to the dart board for ol' times' sake.

BTW, if Carlsberg did Speedway Racecards, I reckon they'd look just like yours!!

The Aussies I guess will look at replacing Ward and Schlien who were their weaker links last night, but will probably find Vojens will suit them more.

Ward was far from being weak and produced the ride of the night to keep the meeting alive in the last round of heats, when he got the better of Woffinden.

Id keep Rory in the line up, Rory goes well around Lakeside, same kind of track to Vojens. Ward is the major worry, Shields for him, as Adams wont ride in the WTC imo.

hahahhah . I wouldn't be surprised if Ward has a blinder and I predict he will be in the top 5 overall point scorers. For Australia he is the form rider at the moment.

Very useful program and easy to print. Hard to beat!

Edited by dirt

Ward was far from being weak and produced the ride of the night to keep the meeting alive in the last round of heats, when he got the better of Woffinden.

hahahhah . I wouldn't be surprised if Ward has a blinder and I predict he will be in the top 5 overall point scorers. For Australia he is the form rider at the moment.

"form rider" ! He got 8 points from 5 rides, including three consecutive 3rd places at the business end of the meeting. You can't get away from the fact that he and Schlein were the weakest two in the Aussie line up.

Granted he did well to 3rd place from Woffinden, but it was only for 3rd place. Most would agree that Lindgren's ride from 4th to 1st in the same race was a more stunning ride.