Team Manager: Jan Staechmann

GREAT BRITAIN (YELLOW)

1 Chris Harris (Captain)

2 Tai Woffinden

3 Simon Stead

4 Scott Nicholls

5 Lee Richardson

Team Manager: Rob Lyon

When you refer to Brits I wonder if you mean the team, from what I saw and heard last night they were upbeat and confident, they all seemed relaxed considering they are in unknown territory. Whatever their mentality I was impressed with how they all came across.

If they ride tomorrow with the same passion that was so obvious at Kings Lynn then I will be happy, if that in turn leads to a rostrum place I will be even happier. If that's what you call settling for less then so be it.

Any sport is/should be about passion for the game, to do the best you can is all anyone can ask, I love my country and I will support any of our sportsmen/women that are prepared to give it their all for the cause.

Couldnt have put it better myself, well said.

I think its all about the track,if its like it was last night then that rules GB out IMO.It gets down to a gating competition and that favours the Poles,its then a toss up between the other 2 as who comes 2nd and 3rd.

However if the track is grippy then I think GB are well capable of coming in the top 2.

Brits could be behind from very early on looking at the gate draws.

Variety is the spice of life and you pays your money (or not in this case) and takes your choice.

'Score-As-You-View' Race Card for World Cup FINAL

If you didn't catch the first card i made for the Race-Off check this one out and see if the design is to your liking. Obviously it's FREE, non-commercial and no advertising.

I've already mentioned the differences that i hope are beneficial, but rather than repeat them here the reasoning is explained on a speedway site i'm setting up Speedway Freebies and Information

Edited by manchesterpaul

The Race-Card for tomorrows Final has been made - Enjoy the Race !!!!!

Race Card for the SWC Final 2010

Thank you as always for a great piece of work. Let us hope that the track is NOT as slick as your race card is! Alan.

Come on TeamGB, lets give 110% and try to win a medal. Get those bikes setup for fast starts!

Odds in Polish bwin.com:

Poland 1 - 1.15

Denmark 1 - 7.00

Sweden 1 - 11.00

Gb 1 - 21.00

:rolleyes:

Seems like the Brits will be dead chuffed with a medal, unlike the Danes and Swedes who are there to win. If the poles have a big lead, will the scandinavians take it easy? As Hans said last night "being 2nd is the 1st loser". The Brits dont have that attitude, 3rd would be a massive achievement for them.

Spanner47,......How can you say that the British team don't have the same attitude as the other countries? Like all the others, they have National pride in riding for their country and the personal pride of beating other world-class riders. No Speedway rider wants to lose,especially in a World Championship Final, so get behind the Brits and give them your support. If they lose, it won't be for the want of trying, unlike another national team in a different sport in South Africa.

If Poland, or any other team goes into a big lead, the others will NOT give up as every point counts in the World Team Cup and also in the GPs, so,........Go For It, Great Britain!

We have seen Jokers played in the world cup and tactical substitutions but I dont think we have had a tactical substitution joker. Is this still allowed this year? Im sure it was used last year

We have seen Jokers played in the world cup and tactical substitutions but I dont think we have had a tactical substitution joker. Is this still allowed this year? Im sure it was used last year

It is still allowed - and that makes you wonder what the team managers are paid for.... When your are six point or more behind - why don't have a extra go with your best man with dobble score ?????

Spanner47,......How can you say that the British team don't have the same attitude as the other countries? Like all the others, they have National pride in riding for their country and the personal pride of beating other world-class riders. No Speedway rider wants to lose,especially in a World Championship Final, so get behind the Brits and give them your support. If they lose, it won't be for the want of trying, unlike another national team in a different sport in South Africa.

If Poland, or any other team goes into a big lead, the others will NOT give up as every point counts in the World Team Cup and also in the GPs, so,........Go For It, Great Britain!

I was refering to the british in general, 2nd or 3rd is success for us. Hans said last night 2nd is losing <when was the last time a Brit said that>. But when interviewed the brits gave the impression they'd be chuffed with a medal. I'm sure our lads have a better attitude than some of the others, i hope they'll fight for every point and i'm sure they will. But i cant see the danes busting a gut if they cant win it, unlike us they expect to win, realistically we're hoping for a medal. I certainly wasn't slagging off the british riders or their attitude. As in most sports it's not the attitude that lets us down, it's just a matter of not being good enough.

Edited by spanner47

The Finns did this in Event 2 on Monday at Kings Lynn putting Kylmakorpi in Heat 21 replacing Lahti as a TS/Joker :approve:

So it would seem like you are allowed to use it :)

Would just like to say. Good luck to Team GB, it would be great to win it. But I'd be happy with any Medal come the end of Heat 25. :D