British Speedway Forum
Pinny

Newport Vs Glasgow

Why? Does every other promotion post on here about the prospects of their meetings being on if the weather is looking dodgy?

Swindon managed to give everybody 24 hours warning about a rain-off :P

Swindon managed to give everybody 24 hours warning about a rain-off :P

And people were`nt happy about it even with that amount of time given to them :lol:

No they post on there own website ,newports has been under constuction for the last 2 months. so there only access to the public is the BSF or tanya's Site , both ignored by the management

Bill this was an important meeting for Newport Speedway, clearly the management wanted to give it every chance of going ahead. Had the rain stopped they could have had a raceable track within an hour or so.

Call off a meeting early and it clears up then the management get slammed, as happened with the late Tim Stone a few times, call it off to late the management get slammed ! Its a no win situation.

Bill this was an important meeting for Newport Speedway, clearly the management wanted to give it every chance of going ahead. Had the rain stopped they could have had a raceable track within an hour or so.

Call off a meeting early and it clears up then the management get slammed, as happened with the late Tim Stone a few times, call it off to late the management get slammed ! Its a no win situation.

True but giving the rain that persisted all of thursday, and the MET forcast for Friday it was never going to happen

Really dissapointed, especially as half an hour after the start time it's dry in Newport! Most of all I'm dissapointed FOR the Mallets, they (and the management in general) obviously put a huge effort into this meeting, getting a disco, fireworks and the floodlights ready.

Maybe having a floodlight switch on in September (weather permitting) would be more symbolic anyway, after all the lights would have been switched on when it was pretty light outside tonight!

Good luck to the Wasps at Stoke tomorrow!

JT.

Edited by JT

Yes, as JT says above, bitterly disappointing all around especially for the Malletts and Gary Ward and his team of volunteers for working so hard to get the floodlights ready in quick time for tonight's meeting. Two Fridays on the trot now as well :sad:

No doubt there will be a meeting under floodlights soon and maybe then tonight will be forgotten but for now, disappointing to say the least.

Yes, as JT says above, bitterly disappointing all around especially for the Malletts and Gary Ward and his team of volunteers for working so hard to get the floodlights ready in quick time for tonight's meeting. Two Fridays on the trot now as well :sad:

No doubt there will be a meeting under floodlights soon and maybe then tonight will be forgotten but for now, disappointing to say the least.

Agreed,but I doubt billybikespeedway will ever forget or forgive :lol:

No they post on there own website ,newports has been under constuction for the last 2 months. so there only access to the public is the BSF or tanya's Site , both ignored by the management

Actually Tanya's site ignores the management. But would you rather the management be posting on here or at the stadium trying to get a meeting on.

Actually Tanya's site ignores the management. But would you rather the management be posting on here or at the stadium trying to get a meeting on.

Depends on wether they want my money or not

not being funny but i could see it being called off by 4pm today, just by looking out of the window and checking the met office. but if the management honestly thought that there was a possibility they could get racing this evening then fair play to them, they obviously know the capability of the drainage system on the track, and i expect they would of worked hard to try and get the meeting on, and if it took up until 7pm to decide that with the weather and track conditions making it non raceable then so be it! In all fairness it would of been a poor crowd as people probably knew it'd be off with the amount of rain today. get over it and stop moaning.

not being funny but i could see it being called off by 4pm today, just by looking out of the window and checking the met office. but if the management honestly thought that there was a possibility they could get racing this evening then fair play to them, they obviously know the capability of the drainage system on the track, and i expect they would of worked hard to try and get the meeting on, and if it took up until 7pm to decide that with the weather and track conditions making it non raceable then so be it! In all fairness it would of been a poor crowd as people probably knew it'd be off with the amount of rain today. get over it and stop moaning.

Only billybikespeedway making his usual waves on here. :( It is nice to see everyone sympathetic to the Mallets for what they were trying to do and giving the meeting every opportunity to be on. Contrast that with the comments of a couple of months ago and I think that Newport Speedway has come a long way since then.

Good luck to them, and the team, and hope that the crowds are making it all worthwhile.

Edited by Tsunami

Only billybikespeedway making his usual waves on here. :( It is nice to see everyone sympathetic to the Mallets for what they were trying to do and giving the meeting every opportunity to be on. Contrast that with the comments of a couple of months ago and I think that Newport Speedway has come a long way since then.

Good luck to them, and the team, and hope that the crowds are making it all worthwhile.

Must be losing it - I totally agree with your post, Tsunami!

I see sillybilly took a whole nine minutes after the first announcement of the meeting being off to whack in a post slagging off the management - is this a record?

Difficult to tell what the crowd would`ve been tonight given the weather.

Must be losing it - I totally agree with your post, Tsunami!

I see sillybilly took a whole nine minutes after the first announcement of the meeting being off to whack in a post slagging off the management - is this a record?

Had to take off my glasses,wipe them(twice) to see you agreeing with Tsunami :shock::lol: