British Speedway Forum

Just had a look on the sky website and it states that this meeting will be shown on the red button again. Its a real shame they continue to do this as theres alot off people out there that now will not be able to watch this with work etc that would have recorded this, that will now have to wait for a replay.

Such a shame. Thought i'd share this information ive found :)

You have to wonder if SKY are losing interest in this competion. SKY sports 1 are showing rugby league play-offs followed by Big Fight special featuring a Nigerian boxer v a Russian. 2 have US open tennis - fair enough. 3, half hours worth of 40 over cricket then a selection of magazine programmes whilst 4 the third day's play of a golf tournamount in Illinois followed by Spanish league football.

Edited by tocha

I think Sky are trying to kill off some of the competition while still taking some money from them ... the removal of the Sky Sports News from freeview is a masterstroke as most people just leave it on in the afternoon to keep up to date with the football ... now if you want it you have to have Sky. By doing what they are doing they will be hoping to convert a few Virgins no doubt ... I can see more events being made Sky only in the future. :neutral:

I think Sky are trying to kill off some of the competition while still taking some money from them ... the removal of the Sky Sports News from freeview is a masterstroke as most people just leave it on in the afternoon to keep up to date with the football ... now if you want it you have to have Sky. By doing what they are doing they will be hoping to convert a few Virgins no doubt ... I can see more events being made Sky only in the future. :neutral:

I'm a Virgin customer but still get SSN. It was only taken off some of the cheaper packages as far as I recall.

I'm a Virgin customer but still get SSN. It was only taken off some of the cheaper packages as far as I recall.

Snap, and TBH doesnt bother me really, got the HD channels, just lack the red button, but will just wait for the highlights later on that night, or just check on the results. Simple

its not gonna help with the red button.but website everything on tv shows sky sports channels.picture is very clear

Snap, and TBH doesnt bother me really, got the HD channels, just lack the red button, but will just wait for the highlights later on that night, or just check on the results. Simple

If you want to watch it live it's easily available on the internet

People aren't going to flock for SKY to subcribe though for the very reason you mention. I'd stick it on if nothing else was on telly. I am certainly not missing it.

By doing what they are doing they will be hoping to convert a few Virgins no doubt ...

Boys after me own heart!

No it isn't, this is my point for those that are out or whatever that will have to wait for the replay.

Apart from they are probably getting bigger viewing figures from whats schedualled, you can't tape behind red button, and quite a few people no doubt do this.

I wouldn't be suprised one little bit if eventually EL speedway went the same way, especially the play off's!!

I tend to agree with tocha tbh ......... the signs are not good if the gp's are starting to be messed with for the sake of non descript golf and boxing contests....... putting it behind the red button will not force people over from Virgin and I am certain that they have bigger fish to fry than speedway fans!

all that said though it is extremely annoying and does make me think twice about the mega bucks being paid for sport+films if i'm forced over to dubious means on the internet.... and whether sky like it or not that would have a knock on effect as some of the money I pay virgin gets paid to them

hopefully it will be another good gp night and things will remain tight...... i'm hoping that Bomber can continue his impressive recent form.... and that crumpy can eat into that lead some more teeing up a spectacular climax to the season

For Aussies wanting to watch this one Downunder you'd better have FUEL TV on your cable subscription, Channel 516 on AUSTAR, otherwise you can always go to http://www.events.servercorporation.com/ on the web. Darwin time for the show is 0230 hrs.

Here's hoping Crumpy gets a bit closer to Tomasz, while Chris Holder's due to get his mojo back after recharging his batteries on the Costa Del Fortune for a coupla daze!

Dave you are a legend. Thanks for the info big man :wink:

there is a fox hd replay later on sunday...

but after listening to a pompey win, i will then settle back to watch the gp....

thats if the jet lag hasnt kicked in from just returning from the uk :(

Apart from they are probably getting bigger viewing figures from whats schedualled, you can't tape behind red button, and quite a few people no doubt do this.

I wouldn't be suprised one little bit if eventually EL speedway went the same way, especially the play off's!!

Difference is the play-offs provide live sport on a Monday night, whereas the GP's are competing against other major sports on a Saturday night.

The weather forecast wasn't exactly uplifting :( Let's hope it's not too bad...

That being said, this must be one of the most exiting final stages of the competition, with so many fighting for both medals and top eight. It might be a longshot, but I hope Holta and Bjerre can get even closer to the top three, and Harris keeping himself over the line. We've discussed it before, and nothing would be better than he advancing to next year without a wild card. That card doesn't seem so wild after a while :wink:

And on a final note: How many of the posts in this thread actually is about the round in Vojens? Rename it to the "Sky red button with hints of Nordic Grand Prix" thread. Seriously, why isn't there an own thread about this topic? I'd start one, had this been a problem for me, but beeing a Norwegian, I either see it at the pub or on my computer.