British Speedway Forum
iNikeAguero

Peterborough V Coventry 20/09/10

To all the people who say Bjerre doesnt care

Look at this picture http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/speedway/panthers_44_coventry_49_panthers_big_night_turns_into_a_damp_squib_1_1172451

KB is my hero, He had a bad night, Holder hasnt been at his best but do Poole fans call for his head after every meeting.

Where in that link does it show Bjerre DOES care as the picture shows nothing but him riding his bike :blink::unsure:

I actually thought the ref made a brave call re: Roo/Bomber and got it right. In my opinion Bomber did lay it down not fall due to an error of his own. And Roo rather signed his own exclusion warrant with his comment to the ref the the following rider "should have taken avoiding action.". With this his was admitting, though it could not be denied, that he was out of shape and that a following rider would need to take action. In my view and that of the ref the following rider did exactly as Roo suggested and took avoiding action. Roo lost momentum due to losing control and Bomber would have hit him had he stayed upright. That said Roo can count himself very unfortunate. Firstly because had Bomber not taken the same line as Roo and gone in tighter instead then he would have just ridden straight past him on the inside while Roo was busy getting in to trouble further out. Secondly, it's extremely rare that a ref recognises a rider laying the bike down in this circumstance and I can completely understand that Rory was extremely frustrated by the way it worked out.

Rory was extremely fortunate not to be discluded for jumping the start twice in my opinion. So perhaps even for those that disagree with the above you could agree that on balance you win some and you lose some?

--------------------------------------------------

I think P'brgh gambled on KK and Pawlicki not fancying the very grippy conditions and that Barker, Kennett and Bridger's patchy form at P'brgh would fall in their favour. Rather backfired spectacularly but why on earth didn't the P'brgh riders voice their concern last week when the forum was buzzing with news that the track would be very grippy? Surely when you turn up and do your track walk it's too late?

I think notable mentions for the home Poles should be the first thing to mention on individual performances. They made their more experienced team mates look second-rate, though PUK and Batchelor fought back to restore a little personal pride. I suspect the Poles will be handing in the scores from this meeting with their job application for 2011. Rather surprised Matt didn't go better with his grasstrack experience, but the standard of EL is step above him in truth.

I said before the meeting that a reasonable contribution from Sweetman and Barker would ease the pressure on Cov, and so it proved. Got one right for a change!! :lol: Both rode very well for their points, but then so did the rest of the team. It was a very solid display by the Bees and it's hard to pick out any one rider for a special mention as they all did their bit for the team.

Regardless of any gripes people might have over one or two decisions here or there Cov were easily the better team over the two legs, and to be fair I think even all the P'brgh fans have said so despite some strong views on 'the incident'.

Look at this picture http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/speedway/panthers_44_coventry_49_panthers_big_night_turns_into_a_damp_squib_1_1172451

KB is my hero, He had a bad night, Holder hasnt been at his best but do Poole fans call for his head after every meeting.

:lol::D Holder has a spine.

Where in that does it show that Bjerre does care??

He may be your hero, but seriously mate you need to take your rose tinted specs off for this one.

That was the worst display by a #1 rider ive ever seen (Ive only been following speedway about 8 or 9 years). And he needs to accept the fact hes going to kop a load of stick.

Where in that does it show that Bjerre does care??

He may be your hero, but seriously mate you need to take your rose tinted specs off for this one.

That was the worst display by a #1 rider ive ever seen (Ive only been following speedway about 8 or 9 years). And he needs to accept the fact hes going to kop a load of stick.

A terrible performance from a dis-interested Bjerre. The munchkin is a joke with no bottle. Let his club down big time.

Look at this picture http://www.peterboro...squib_1_1172451

all it shows in that picture is that he took the high line & couldn't handle it mate.

Which i suggest is the point everyone is making.

. The munchkin is a joke with no bottle. Let his club down big time.

thats garbage bjerre has been stunning this season at home rode round the boards and shoved here and there..alright had a total mare last night didn't look interested after he nearly binned it in heat6,over the season he's been top notch and we've been lucky to witness it Edited by hans fan

What does it prove? He can sulk?

All good playing the 'Im disapointed' look, how about showing some effort on the track?

Yes, been brilliant this season, but from a 9.50 average rider, your expecting atleast 9 points, not a 1 point show, and that was gifted!

While the track was prepared different to normal, it certainly sorted the men from the boys.Gating tarts Bjerre,Batchelor and Schlein just wanted to go home.Swales was queit last night for a change wonder why!!!!!.Peterborough Poles will probably be sacked for showing up the Superstars,well done to them. I think Kelvin wanted to blame the track then realised it was certain riders from the home team, then got stuck into them!!!!!!!!!

KingKenneth or whatever you call yourself. You cant defend the indefensible

mate, Bjerre went missing on the biggest night of the season for the Panthers.

In that picture, Bjerre is probably sulking at how much money he's lost from

scoring just one single point.

The Bee's were the best team over the two legs and despite the track

conditions last night, they were up for it, King Kenneth wasn't, along

with a few of his other team mates, hence the Bee's now face Poole

and Peterborough don't.

And as a fact, last night just goes to show what slick tracks have

done to speedway. When tracks were regularly like that (Not just

Peterborough I have to add), we had some quite brilliant meetings.

With ultra slick tracks, top flight speedway became sterile for the

most part. Last night showed that some so called top riders cant

handle any sort of grip. It showed that some so called lesser lights

in British speedway, Barker, Bridger, the Boro Poles etc, can out

perform so called World Class/GP stars.

I thoroughly enjoyed the meeting, watching Eddie Kennett laying

his bike over nice and low, leg trailing it and having the brass

sphericals to ride the grippy dirt was a sight to behold, and I'm

not a great fan of Eddies to be honest, but last night he was

superb, as was Bridger and Barker and as for Harris, sublime

comes to mind.

Well Done the Bee's and looking forward to the Final.

maybe Bjerre just isnt used to grippy tracks,maybe he should do some grass track racing or enter the 2011 world longtrack championships!! :blink::unsure:

What does it prove? He can sulk?

All good playing the 'Im disapointed' look, how about showing some effort on the track?

Yes, been brilliant this season, but from a 9.50 average rider, your expecting atleast 9 points, not a 1 point show, and that was gifted!

kieron if every team got rid of a rider after he had a mare they'd be no riders riding anywhereicon_smile_wink.gif