British Speedway Forum

Well done Bomber! Joint 5th in the world (although the records say 6th) and only two points off 4th. A great end to a great campaign for Chris! :D:)

Congratulations to AJ on winning the GP, and also to Bomber who has done brilliantly this year. No 6 in the world, with three 2nd and one 3rd place :approve:

It has been a good week for Coventry. Assets, AJ and Chris finishing 1st and 2nd along with Greg taking 5th place in the series. Also, although somewhat lower key, Ben Barker won the 16 lapper at Ipswich last Thursday.

Loving it. What an excellent GP that was.

& what an even better result.icon_smile_approve.gif

Feel for the Polish fans,that they did not get to see Gollob ride all meeting

due to him riding motorcross to keep fit! (injured ankle)

Somebody should have told him to go the Gym!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who was that winning heat 2 then? Somebody should have told you to go to specsavers.

DIRT once said bomber was a waste of space in the GPs so where does that leave Chris Holder ? sad.gif

It leaves Chris in the top 8 in the world with one GP to his name after his first season in the Elite Competition.

Where does that leave you, dornier?

I was pretty critical about Chris' application after his disaster at the GP Challenge in Vojens, yet fair play he has turned his season around with some great results.

I was wrong Chris, you deserve and have earnt a GP place next season, WELL DONE

Well done to you Full-throttle for admitting that you got it wrong. There should be a fair few more like posts on here from humble-pie eaters.

Great year from Bomber.

Loving it. What an excellent GP that was.

Epecially if you were in the Yellow Helmet!

To Bigfatdave

Read my post again, I said ALL MEETING. IMO the polish fans would have loved to see him

be a part of the final GP!

Brilliant end of season by Chris Harris. To my way of thinking last night proved how far he has improved because he got a terrific result on a track that didn't suit his style. We all knew that he could finish on the podium when there was a lot of dirt and/or it got rough but when I saw the track last night I feared he would struggle. Bomber on the podium at such a slick track would have been unthinkable a year ago.

Should do and Coventry's own Artur Mroczka will probably get a ride :wink:

B)

Over the last 3 and 4 GP's only 1 rider has outscore Bomber, Tomasz Gollob (says a lot about Tomasz too, he did that with a broken ankle in 1 round!) and he was 3rd if you take into account the last 5 GP's.

I genuinly believe he can fight for a top 3 place next season, hopefully this last 2 months has made him realise what he can (and should) be doing.

Nice one Bomber and PLEASE continue in the same way next season.

Exactly what we said last night. He looks like he's had a whole load of weight lifted off his shoulders. There's no reason now that he can't consolidate on his form. Last night he looked the most relaxed and composed that I think I've ever seen him, I thought he'd got the win at first aswell brilliant stuff - damn you AJ ;)

To Bigfatdave

Read my post again, I said ALL MEETING. IMO the polish fans would have loved to see him

be a part of the final GP!

Yep, you said 'all meeting', and I took that to mean 'all meeting'.

You also said the track was crap, and while it certainly favoured the yellow gate it was also responsible for some great racing, including Gollob's magnificent win off Red in heat 2; a feat that would have been impossible on a truly crap track, for example like Brandon for the first leg of the EL playoff final.

My apologies for not being able to understand your language; remember I'm only a poor bloody Colonial after all - sometimes you have to punch the information in twice.

Edited by BigFatDave

DIRT once said bomber was a waste of space in the GPs so where does that leave Chris Holder ? sad.gif

current Cardiff champion. I dont think its a co incidince that the only GP with English speaking people running the show, is the one he claimed. He'll only get better and did well to qualify on merit for next year, after qualifying properly in the first place.

Demands respect, and its fair to say he was stuffed after a long season with 3 clubs etc. Cardiff victory > PO bad meeting or 2.

What a brilliant weekend :D

Cheers to everyone I met... even those pesky Monarchs :P

What an atmosphere at Bydgoszcz! To be honest, I have only hazy memories of the actual Speedway due to being too busy diving around talking to folk and having a laugh with a load of Zielona Gora fans, an Ex-pat Aberdonian and his Polish wife among others... as well as drinking a considerable number of beers.

Amazing day at Leszno too, Just wish we could watch Speedway at that venue every Sunday. I could watch Speedway there every second day and never get bored with it. Incredible venue and facilities and superb racing track... The speed of the bikes was frightening.

Down with a bump and back at work today though. Ah well, always next year to look forwart to :approve:

Edited by BongoBrian

What a brilliant weekend :D

Cheers to everyone I met... even those pesky Monarchs :P

What an atmosphere at Bydgoszcz! To be honest, I have only hazy memories of the actual Speedway due to being too busy diving around talking to folk and having a laugh with a load of Zielona Gora fans, an Ex-pat Aberdonian and his Polish wife among others... as well as drinking a considerable number of beers.

Amazing day at Leszno too, Just wish we could watch Speedway at that venue every Sunday. I could watch Speedway there every second day and never get bored with it. Incredible venue and facilities and superb racing track... The speed of the bikes was frightening.

Down with a bump and back at work today though. Ah well, always next year to look forwart to :approve:

Sensational wasn't it BB!!Not the greatest of GPs at Bydgoszcz,but was made up for by the incredible atmosphere,and the cheap beer!!Try doing a couple of league meets over their next year BB! :wink: