British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Pawlicki And His Average Manipulation

PirateNick, you are a credit to your team and fans and its noive to know that poole fans share the same opinion on certain posters.

we will always welcome you back in the bar with the banter that we had great fun!

the only point i would make about shamek, is that in the first leg he only had four rides and we won by 12 points

in the second leg he had seven, he would have had five because of eddies in jury, lets take six points off his score to be charitable, which means the final seocnd leg score would have been a maximum of 46-44 to poole, ergo its a smoke screen poole would have lost anyway!

would keep posting but must get ready to recieve the trophy from the dogheads,

No excuses from me.

Regardless whether Pawlicki is at No 1 or No 7, I expected our riders such as Holder, Pedersen, Ward and Watt to beat a rider who has hardly ever ridden the track, where as some of the Poole riders had known the track for years.

Even if he'd been in the team we still would have lost....and fair play to Cov for using the rules as we used them because we did the same to them when we brought Lindback in the team and beat them in 02?!?, so for me let's learn from being unfortune to lead the way with a great team and make amends in 2011.

Well when I went away on holiday 3 day's after our well deserved victory on a doctored track Stevie was as visible as a Chilean miner, last seen slinking away from the meeting prior to the conclusion of the home leg. How wonderful to see he has been rescued full of self -pity having been thrown a line from Matt and how his little lap-dog has picked up the bait. Following the meeting the vast majority of Poole fans have offered warm congratulations following what must have been a bitterly disappointing end to the season, but as always this has been over-shadowed now by one man and his dog's sad rantings.

Fact 1 If Shamek had been spotted by Poole exactly the same scenario would have been played and Mr Shovlar would have been arguing how astute his management team have been throughout the season.

It could be argued that Poole this season picked up riders on reduced averages some legally ( Ward, Watt King Arthur ) and another Madsen on a dubious average and their arrogance was their biggest hurdle they could not overcome as they thought victory was already in the bag, before self imploding on the big stage.

Here's to 2011 when it will be interesting to see how both teams line up.

It was all a lot easier when you got an average after 6 matches. Why did that change?

I believe that it was changed when teams realised that you could afford to lower averages for six matches in order to gain for the remainder of the season.

It is a lot harder to claw back those League points 'lost' over 12 matches (1/3rd of the Season)...but not impossible, as recently shown! :D

ATB

Dave

Edited by Gambo

I believe that it was changed when teams realised that you could afford to lower averages for six matches in order to gain for the remainder of the season.

It is a lot harder to claw back those League points 'lost' over 12 matches (1/3rd of the Season)...but not impossible, as recently shown! :D

ATB

Dave

Harder, but much easier when you can fiddle your averages enough to bring in a Number 1 in place of a 4 point reserve!

No excuses from me.

Regardless whether Pawlicki is at No 1 or No 7, I expected our riders such as Holder, Pedersen, Ward and Watt to beat a rider who has hardly ever ridden the track, where as some of the Poole riders had known the track for years.

Even if he'd been in the team we still would have lost....and fair play to Cov for using the rules as we used them because we did the same to them when we brought Lindback in the team and beat them in 02?!?, so for me let's learn from being unfortune to lead the way with a great team and make amends in 2011.

Good post - Shovlar take note :D

Harder, but much easier when you can fiddle your averages enough to bring in a Number 1 in place of a 4 point reserve!

Who 'fiddled' their averages then?

ATB

Dave

Or fiddle your averages so you replace a 4 point reserve {Bridger} with an established heat-leader {Schlein}. :approve:

Edited by houdi

If you are referring to Kasprzak, he actually replaced Rory Schlien. Heat leader for heatleader.

Bridger replaced Sitera, reserve for reserve.

Don't fall for all the spin churned out by the Poole expert, most comments are as accurate as the Sherbourne weather station!

No. It would be hilarious though to steal him from under Coventry's noses when they are the ones who have manipulated his average. :P

He is not a Coventry asset and clearly prefers the Poole tack to Brandon. Matt should get on the phone to him. :D

Cant see him going to a team that 'bottles it' when it really matters!!! :D

i wonder what matt ford and steve shovlar doing tonight?

nice take way currie followed by a movie where they both star?

i would love to come around and watch but ive got other things to do tonight!

lets keep all this going its just making certain people even more rediculous than we thought!

i do feel sorry for the vast majority oif poole fans who just want this to stop and move on.

poole the liverpool of speedway, i guess matt will be considering going to the premier league now?

As a Poole fan I am annoyed that Pawlicki was kept out of his 12th match to stay at reserve (especially as he could turn up as a guest for the Budgies in the Cup final) and yes it average manipulation of a sort.

As a speedway fan I feel Rosco is to be applauded for his use and knowledge of the rules in the re building and maintenance of his team this year. If Middlo had the same option with a high scoring reserve and didn't do what Rosco did the same fans on here who are crying its not fair would be calling for his head!

The question is will it be allowed next year? I think the BSPA conference will take steps to ensure it doesn't. However with a sport governed by averages there will always be an angle so to speak. IMO speedway fans will have to accept that from time to time a gem will be unearthed and just pray its your team that finds him and that your manager is clever enough to use the rules to his advantage.

As for the sour grapes, I am still reeling in disbelief from the final and our performance (losing at home to effectively a 3 man team). The fact is though we lost so stop whinging and get on with winning the KO Cup (hopefully).

Once again well done Coventry and their astute management, thanks to the Bees in the bar at the 1st leg for making what was looking to be a depressing night enjoyable and we'll be looking to take that trophy back next year::wink:

Absolutely, totally agree with you.

If anyone is to blame for losing the title, it is the riders and the management,maybe some riders didn't have the experience to handle it and the management made some mistakes too,putting Ward as a tac in heat 8 when he hadn't beaten an opposing rider,not putting madsen in heat 14 when he had just won heat 12,not putting Bjarne as a tac in heat 14,using him in an earlier more difficult race and most of all not dropping Mrozcka when his form dipped.

Take care, Steve, one more year of Poole humiliation & you'll be a broken man...........or glory hunting at Blunsdon or Brandon! :P

I really think the Duchess needs a lot more tolerance and understanding on this forum,when you consider the huge trauma he has undergone this past month.Possibly greater trauma than a Chilean miner. B)

Firstly his dream new job as Midland meteorological expert was ended on the very 1st day after his 'Michael Fish' moment,meant he was subjected to universal derision.

Next after boasting of his following the biggest club in speedway,imagine his angst to see only a handful of Poole fans had bothered to attend the 1st leg of the final.How sheepish he must have felt.Then to add salt to the wounds it transpired that half of speedway's 'greatest ever team' couldn't be bothered either.Wet shale on the track causing severe 'bottle fractures' everywhere.

But still he consoled himself with the feeling that the home leg would be oh so different.

Yet no,it got even worse.

On turning up at the self proclaimed home of speedway,he found it had been half taken over by Bees fans.Oh the horror.Unable to get his normal seat,his frustration got worse,when he suddenly realised he was no longer the youngest person in the stand/shed. :shock:

What was to follow,was the stuff of nightmares,his beloved Pirates being ripped to shreds,from a team who shouldn't even be in the play-offs.

The match winning ride secured by a Poole asset,a rider not considered good enough for Poole.His number 1 destroyed,4 times on his own track by Bomber,and to cap it all,his boy wonder being summarily brushed aside by a novice Polish teenager.

So as the days get shorter,colder and wetter,to think that every single day,his first waking thought will be the realisation that it wasn't just a bad dream,but a real life nightmare come true.

Still he maybe able to console himself a little as he looks forward to Christmas.A few days off.mistletoe and wine,a lovely Christmas dinner,followed by the Queen's address to the Nation,followed by......................................................................................................................................................the Speedway Seasons Review on Sky Sport 4. :lol: Oh well I'm sure the Samaritans are open 365 days of the year.

At least us Poole fans can hold our heads high in the knowledge we used the same 1-7 throughout the season. We didn't have to manipulate the teams average down to fit KK into the side in place of Sitera, which made the combined average of the Coventry team nearly 5 points stronger than every other team in the league.

A Championship for Coventry but one which will be viewed with utter distain by real speedway fans, and will no doubt bvring around rule changes so this mullarkey doesn't happen again.

That'll be the same 1-7 that choked when it really mattered? I have said before I don't understand what the emphasis is on the same starting 1-7 - Wolves fans used it last year t5o gain some moral high ground but the rules allow you to change your team! You are really showing yourself up now with all the sour grapes. As I have said before I believe that the team that finishes top of the league should be the league champions and the play-off winners are the play-off champions but those aren't the rules that all teams signed up to.

I felt the same last year when Swindon did the same but like it or not - you have to move on because you are digging yourself a very deep hole. I have also said that I think Poole were the best team this year by a country mile but they didn't do it when they needed to - same as Swindon last year and in 2007.

Edited by Steve0

That'll be the same 1-7 that choked when it really mattered? I have said before I don't understand what the emphasis is on the same starting 1-7 - Wolves fans used it last year t5o gain some moral high ground but the rules allow you to change your team! You are really showing yourself up now with all the sour grapes. As I have said before I believe that the team that finishes top of the league should be the league champions and the play-off winners are the play-off champions but those aren't the rules that all teams signed up to.

I felt the same last year when Swindon did the same but like it or not - you have to move on because you are digging yourself a very deep hole. I have also said that I think Poole were the best team this year by a country mile but they didn't do it when they needed to - same as Swindon last year and in 2007.

yes the same 1-7 bit a novelty for you was it?

2009 you have twenty riders

2008 you had 18 !

you couldnt change the riders because they all came on dodgy averages, as soon as they got "proper averages" there was no way on earth they could be changed, if was possible doyle and king arthur would have been ditched in seconds