British Speedway Forum
BuxtonTiger

Buxton V Newport 31/10 - Sunday Start Time

Come off it! ONLY a Buxton fan could fail to understand why everyone else who cares about the NL has every reason to be "moaning" about the appalling - almost certainly terminal to the future of the third tier as a meaninful competition in the immediate future - circumstances of the last month... :neutral:

Whoever wins today will be the TRUE Champions - all the politics has to be put aside. It is unfair on Buxton and Newport to keep saying that this year means nothing. Just because the South Coast aren't dominating, it's suddenly all wrong. We've seen some great speedway this season, we feel sorry for you if you haven't. But please stop trying to demean our achievements - of all the clubs at this level, Buxton deserve their success this year! :approve:

Whoever wins today will be the TRUE Champions - ...

"Whoever"..?? Define "whoever"..? :blink: Surely you're not suggesting there's any doubt who's going to win today. Though it might yet be that 'team' beginning with 'W'... The weather!!!!

Talking about definitions, try looking up this one, "Pyrrhic victory"...

Because I fear for a stand-alone club like the Hitmen, to have seen what's happened to the NL in the past couple of months may well (rain permitting) mean they've won the League & Cup Double in 2010 but the chances of there being either competition to defend (outside of a three team tournament!) in 2011 are ATM, looking extremely slim... :cry:

"Whoever"..?? Define "whoever"..? :blink: Surely you're not suggesting there's any doubt who's going to win today. Though it might yet be that 'team' beginning with 'W'... The weather!!!!

Talking about definitions, try looking up this one, "Pyrrhic victory"...

Because I fear for a stand-alone club like the Hitmen, to have seen what's happened to the NL in the past couple of months may well (rain permitting) mean they've won the League & Cup Double in 2010 but the chances of there being either competition to defend (outside of a three team tournament!) in 2011 are ATM, looking extremely slim... :cry:

I don't need to look up the definition of Pyrrhic victory as I have a History Degree!! B)

The NL has problems to iron out, but these shouldn't detract from the success that Buxton have had this year. Buxton or Newport will be crowned worthy Champions today. But I imagine the moaning will continue.

Anyway, it's been lovely talking to you, but I have a Championship decider to attend. :P

Seems they've done everything else in their power to gift it to Buxton, so why not?

I hardly think that preventing them use Charles Wright was a move designed to gift Buxton the title.

I do hope that Buxton win, they are a great club and have had a fantastically entertaining team this year. When I went to their opening meeting I never imagined that they'd still be going strong 16 years later.

However if they do win it will be a bit of a hollow victory as a one legged final is hardly a level playing field. It really is a shame because there have been some great positives for third tier speedway this year until it all fell apart at the end(and it's about organisation, not the weather)

Reasons to be cheerful: :D :D

•  
  • The presence of Dudley has been a huge boost, the atmosphere at their meetings has been brilliant
  • the very close three way battle for the league between Dudley, Buxton and Newport
  • British Under 18 Championship - a superb meeting
  • Jason Garrity

[*]the very close three way battle for the league between Dudley, Buxton and Newport

Agreed - but of course that WASN'T the battle for the league was it..? It was a battle in which the team which came third are now able to claim the championship today with a one off home match against a Newport side completely stripped of its riding resources - not least because of how late in the year this final is happening...

The season WOULD have gone done as a classic if that three way battle was for the title but now it will be remembered as an utter farce.

Now is there anyone, anyone at all (you for example, Proud Potter!!) who still wants to argue in favour of the play-off 'system' (sic) in the NL...?

Agreed - but of course that WASN'T the battle for the league was it..? It was a battle in which the team which came third are now able to claim the championship today with a one off home match against a Newport side completely stripped of its riding resources - not least because of how late in the year this final is happening...

The season WOULD have gone done as a classic if that three way battle was for the title but now it will be remembered as an utter farce.

Now is there anyone, anyone at all (you for example, Proud Potter!!) who still wants to argue in favour of the play-off 'system' (sic) in the NL...?

That's it. Where's that ignore button... :angry:

That's it. Where's that ignore button... :angry:

Why..? If you want to "ignore" the fiasco that's been the end of this year's NL campaign you clearly have no interest in or commitment to this level of Speedway. Something which CAN'T be said of the likes of BobC. Lucifer Sam and myself and others who've posted our dispair at what's happened on here... :mad:

Both clubs are having to make the best of a bad job. Whichever team wins fully deserves the title of champions.

If it's Buxton then it really couldn't happen for a better bunch of people who put the interests of the NL and young riders above everything else.

Why..? If you want to "ignore" the fiasco that's been the end of this year's NL campaign you clearly have no interest in or commitment to this level of Speedway. Something which CAN'T be said of the likes of BobC. Lucifer Sam and myself and others who've posted our dispair at what's happened on here... icon_evil.gif

You have to give Buxton some credit though, they have had a very good year and if all the promoters agreed to do this then why take it out on Buxton. And Squall is very interested in speedway at this level, he goes and watches Buxton all the time!

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Buxton are 2010 National league champions.

Well done to the boys , the club and the supporters.

Wish i could have been there.

Chopper

Both clubs are having to make the best of a bad job. Whichever team wins fully deserves the title of champions.

If it's Buxton then it really couldn't happen for a better bunch of people who put the interests of the NL and young riders above everything else.

I so agree with you Vince!

Well done to everyone at Buxton Speedway,they are a credit to the NL.

Well done Buxton. well deserved.