British Speedway Forum
lucifer sam

Buxton Hitmen

Great to see the Hitmen having such a great season.

They've already taken the National Trophy and KOC, could the league title be about to follow?

Buxton Speedway is a credit to the Moss family and all involved. A terrific little club, who have brought on so many youngsters over the last 16 years. They are the perfect example of how speedway should be run at this level.

All the best

Rob

Agreed.i have heard nothing but good things about the team and the people involved with it.

they deserve all the success that comes their way both on and off the track.

Don't forget they've had everything go against them all season. Got word last night that the referees and officials didn't agree with Charles Wright being taken off them, so it shows it didn't have to happen.

It's been an awesome season and it's been a pleasure watching them every week. They've even got my dad off his arse and get to away meetings!!!

Don't forget they've had everything go against them all season. Got word last night that the referees and officials didn't agree with Charles Wright being taken off them, so it shows it didn't have to happen.

It's been an awesome season and it's been a pleasure watching them every week. They've even got my dad off his arse and get to away meetings!!!

But you stil cant get him to have his hair cut Squall :D

Well Done to Buxton. Also to Newport and Dudley for each taking the fight to them. I'd have been happy to have seen any of the 3 winning things this season, Newport as it's home, Dudley because what a come back that would have been from a 14(?) year exile and Buxton for having been what, for me, the NL is all about.

Over the years Buxton have played some part in the careers of numerous future PL and EL riders (from Armstrong to Smethills, Wright and more recently Cook and Morris), probably more than pretty much any other NL club and looking at their 2010 NL team, I think it's a safe bet that in the next few years we'll be seeing a few more in the PL and a couple more in the EL.

It's a shame that over the last 15 or so years more team have not take the Buxton approach to things, had they done, I feel that British Speedway would be in a far greater state with many more Brits tearing up the PL and the EL.

Well Done to the Moss family and everyone else who has been involved at Buxton over the years, this victory is one for the good guys and so bloody well deserved after years of fair play and hard work.

Well said SCB, i would call there season a gamble that paid off.

Firstly giving Charles Wright a chance after injury, pity he didnt finish the season with us but he certainly played his part.

Secondly giving the two unknown aussie a berth, Nick was not such an unknown as hed shown his wares in the uk but still hadnt raced a 500,and of course Robert

who had only ridden a handfull of races on a 500.

Then by giving Jason a berth, and we know how that turned out.

The other riders were proven National league riders.

So it could have turned belly up as well, but like i said the gamble paid off.

Chopper

well done to all at buxton. the hitmen have come a long way from that tricky little track inside the stock car stadium. :)

2010 was the year that Buxton gained some richly deserved success for all the years that they have worked tirelessly bringing on young riders, often without any success on the team front. Winning the Grand Slam this year (and don't forget we were winning the Fours before it was rained off!) is a great payback to the club and promotion for their hard work since the inception of racing in the Third Tier. Good times indeed to be anyone associated with the High Peak club. But who is to say that this isn't the start of a concerted run of success for the club? Maybe this is just the start! :approve:

Well done Buxton who have been in the 3rd tier since day 1!

The place is never going to attract big crowds and therefore move up so it has to be run on a shoestring but Buxton speedway is the almost perfect 3rd tier role model club!

I've said many times that if the National League had 5 or more Buxton like set ups dotted over the Country then British speedway would be in a much healthier state!

Well done To The Hitmen. Buxton is a great little club & epitomises everything that The NL is & always should be. I'll always enjoy my visits there, even though it is damn cold sometimes.

Just like to echo everyones comments, well done to buxton...best NL team this year deserve their success well done to everybody involved :)

I love that Buxton won it - true spirit of the league that the basic grass roots club wins!

The USA Touring Team is hoping for a match with the Hitmen to open their 2011 campaign! We're bringing heaters!

Congrats to Buxton. There's no doubt the Buxton lads were the form riders at the right time, so everything else aside they did the business on track.

Just for the record - I have no gripe with the Heathens not being handed the title of League Champions (as some suggested) because we were soundly beaten in the semi-final. But I do feel for all conected with Newport for not having a fair crack at it in the end. It's a real shame because until the last month (ish) the NL has been a massive success this season, except the sad loss of Mildenhall of course.