British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Fen Tigers Return

Not a matter of making Mr Coventry see sense just a matter of working with him and Pete to get the best track we could. Obviously any shared facility will have issues but for me there was never any problem of working with Dave. Indeed on more than one occasion his support was vital in getting meetings to go ahead and at that time there was no financial incentive for him to do so just the fact that he wanted to help when asked.

Very harsh but unfortunately the main point of your post is very true!

No chance is false cause their have been good tracks during Dave Covetrys spell at the stadium but letting track curators on the track at 1.30pm, just 3 hours before a 4.30m start time, the day after a stock car meeting will only result in a track surface that has a blue groove after just a couple of races!

Dave Coventry according to my sources, listens to Peter Thorogood but seemingly noone else involved in speedway!

Simon Barton - if you were able to delegate with Dave Coventry and make him see sense then you should perhaps go into politics cause you could make the world a better place!

Speedway saving grace with Dave Coventry is that he needs the income from speedway taking place at the stadium. Its a shame that his lack of delegation, off the mark ideas about how speedway should run and a general lack of speedway knowledge doesn't help matters.

I hope he listens to the current promotors instead of Peter Thorogood cause Mildenhall speedway can be very successful at 3rd Division level if opertaed properly by the speedway promotion and the stadium owners being co operative and listening to those that know much about speedway than him!

The problem with Pete Thorogood is that he still thinks he's grading the track at the Isle of Wight.

Different base and shale surface dressing entirely.

Mildenhalls sub-base is chalk and drains very quickly. The 'shale' is also completely different being crushed brick and a small amout of clay.

Worn tine 'stumps' on the harrows are as much use as a chocolate teapot. No amount of weight (lorry wheels, concrete slabs etc..) on them will get them into the base. Coventry knows and welcomes that as he doesnt want a torn up track for his stocks anyway.

Hence, your never ending track 'problem'.

Unfortunately, your just going to have accept the dust in your curry sauce from heat 4 onwards

One wonders if you are indeed as childishly pathetic as your posts on here seem to show

Can only hope not. Very SAD

Whatever the motivation for such threats (and I completely agree with your comments here)they have to be taken very seriously, although I suspect that the outcome of the court case will be the be all and end all.

What I find most difficult to grasp in that court case is that the decisive point is the level of noise, not a persons decision in choosing to live next to it. Having said that, responsibility for one's own actions seems to have become secondary in the determination of legal cases and you only have to look at litigation taken by housebreakers against those defending their property to see it. Surely the point is the reason for the creation of the situation in the first place and bearing in mind that the stadium has been in existence for 35 years that can only be the person deciding to move in within earshot. In my book, that's their responsibility and no other persons, and how many of us would have sympathy for someone who moved in next to a cat food factory and complained about the smell or moved into a lighthouse and complained about the sea, because I just don't see the difference.

Very harsh but unfortunately the main point of your post is very true!

No chance is false cause their have been good tracks during Dave Covetrys spell at the stadium but letting track curators on the track at 1.30pm, just 3 hours before a 4.30m start time, the day after a stock car meeting will only result in a track surface that has a blue groove after just a couple of races!

Dave Coventry according to my sources, listens to Peter Thorogood but seemingly noone else involved in speedway!

Simon Barton - if you were able to delegate with Dave Coventry and make him see sense then you should perhaps go into politics cause you could make the world a better place!

Speedway saving grace with Dave Coventry is that he needs the income from speedway taking place at the stadium. Its a shame that his lack of delegation, off the mark ideas about how speedway should run and a general lack of speedway knowledge doesn't help matters.

I hope he listens to the current promotors instead of Peter Thorogood cause Mildenhall speedway can be very successful at 3rd Division level if opertaed properly by the speedway promotion and the stadium owners being co operative and listening to those that know much about speedway than him!

I don't know who your source is but he is very ignorant of the actual situation, and I speak as a member of Mildenhall's track staff who starts work at around 9am on Sundays.

I have found that the key to good track prepraration at West Row is the quality of the shale and the person actually undertaking the work (pretty much the same as everywhere else, in other words). In 2007, Mildenhall was voted by members of this forum as one of the best racing tracks in Britain because we had the quality shale needed and Robert Huggins as trackman. That deteriorated during 2008 due to lack of funds, and during 2009 due to poor work. I can, however, remember one Sunday when Bob Ellis took over and we got a terrific meeting, no dust and no blue line either.

Joe Evans showed it could be done by getting to the track at around 10.00am and getting plenty of water down to bind the surface. Read through the pages of this forum and you will see that he attracts a great deal of deserved acknowledgement for his ability to produce a decent race track.

Its entirely possible that Bob Ellis will take over again given Chris Louis' involvement and if there is a commitment to decent shale we could go back to the standards of 2007. :D:approve:

Not a matter of making Mr Coventry see sense just a matter of working with him and Pete to get the best track we could. Obviously any shared facility will have issues but for me there was never any problem of working with Dave. Indeed on more than one occasion his support was vital in getting meetings to go ahead and at that time there was no financial incentive for him to do so just the fact that he wanted to help when asked.

I, too, have never had (with one notorious exception) any trouble with Dave & his brother Ron at the stadium. Quite the opposite, in fact. :approve:

Well said Simon!

Here we have someone who actually makes statements based on fact rather than a somewhat twisted mentally!

I've not got a twisted mentality, just a desire to say things as they are even if they are bit prickly for some!

While Dave Coventry is charge at Mildenhall, running speedway there will be challenging at best, something messrs Lee, Jolly and Louis will find out this season no doubt. A change of atitude and a desire to delegate could alleviate this but leopards don't change their spots!

I'm not saying that Coventry only lets the track people on the track at 1.30pm before every meeting but that has been the case in the past.

As for Bob Ellis doing the track - Hes done a few times in the past but has said that in the time that Coventry allows curators onto the track, he wouldn't be able to do it properly and subsequently had little desire to try. Working with your hands tied behind your backs is a phrase that springs to mind!

I respect Simon Barton for putting his money where his mouth is (which cost him a fair pound or two at Mildenhall I believe) but in all reality I doubt he'd know alot about preparing a track for speedway preparation and its probably the same with Halifaxtiger. Although your enhusiasm is commendable and something every track needs!

The bottom line is things will come to a head this year because now Mildenhall will be promoted by a former World Champion, a twice former British Champion who was also one of the best riders in the world and has promotional/track curating experience at Ipswich and another guy who was a very good British League rider. - Basically what Jolly, Lee and Louis don't know abut spedway would't be worth knowing I suspect!

In the past Coventry has been able to make excuses for his awkwardness and difficult atitude with the speedway people because Mildenhall speedway has had a lot of people involved in the running of it that have been nieve enthusiasts!

I hope the different personalities can work together properly at Mildenhall this season because speedway there can be succesfull if this is achieved!

I've not got a twisted mentality, just a desire to say things as they are even if they are bit prickly for some!

While Dave Coventry is charge at Mildenhall, running speedway there will be challenging at best, something messrs Lee, Jolly and Louis will find out this season no doubt. A change of atitude and a desire to delegate could alleviate this but leopards don't change their spots!

I'm not saying that Coventry only lets the track people on the track at 1.30pm before every meeting but that has been the case in the past.

As for Bob Ellis doing the track - Hes done a few times in the past but has said that in the time that Coventry allows curators onto the track, he wouldn't be able to do it properly and subsequently had little desire to try. Working with your hands tied behind your backs is a phrase that springs to mind!

I respect Simon Barton for putting his money where his mouth is (which cost him a fair pound or two at Mildenhall I believe) but in all reality I doubt he'd know alot about preparing a track for speedway preparation and its probably the same with Halifaxtiger. Although your enhusiasm is commendable and something every track needs!

The bottom line is things will come to a head this year because now Mildenhall will be promoted by a former World Champion, a twice former British Champion who was also one of the best riders in the world and has promotional/track curating experience at Ipswich and another guy who was a very good British League rider. - Basically what Jolly, Lee and Louis don't know abut spedway would't be worth knowing I suspect!

In the past Coventry has been able to make excuses for his awkwardness and difficult atitude with the speedway people because Mildenhall speedway has had a lot of people involved in the running of it that have been nieve enthusiasts!

I hope the different personalities can work together properly at Mildenhall this season because speedway there can be succesfull if this is achieved!

He is probably a man who has respect for people who have 'done it', so maybe, the three lads (Tigers), can 'tame the lion'.

Hopefully there will be a good turn out at the fans evening next Saturday, perhaps another new signing might be unveiled? looking forward to it and the prospect of some entertaining racing on Sunday afternoons in the sun ! roll on the start of the season.

Well whatever the state of the track on Sunday afternoons, lets all praise the 3 speedway saviours for saving speedway at Mildenhall. I for one will just be glad to be able to see speedway again at Mildenhall in 2011, so lets get behind them and give it our best shot and bu**er the tracks state and stop whinging!

Well whatever the state of the track on Sunday afternoons, lets all praise the 3 speedway saviours for saving speedway at Mildenhall. I for one will just be glad to be able to see speedway again at Mildenhall in 2011, so lets get behind them and give it our best shot and bu**er the tracks state and stop whinging!

well thats all very well saying "bu..er the track" but the reality is it needs someone to get it into shape and make it safe for the riders. its not whinging its fact and although we should be pleased to see racing again which i for one am this track curator buisness is not going to dissapear in a cloud of dust.whoever is going to do it will i hope be revealed on sat. night and please not d. coventry or p. thorogood. still dont understand if the judge has not made his judgement how its still all systems go, or could it change god forbid.

Taken off the Mildenhall site :)

Supporters of Mildenhall Fen Tigers will get the chance to meet the new promotion team of Chris Louis, Michael Lee and Kevin Jolly this weekend as they unveil details of the “new era” they've got planned to secure the club's long term future.

The trio are hosting a Support the Tigers night at West Row on Saturday evening (5th March at 7.30pm) and they want to see as many supporters there as possible. The riders already signed for 2011 National League campaign will also be attending, and the name of the latest addition to the team will be revealed as well.

Co-promoter Michael Lee said, “We want to save the announcement until Saturday night, but we are thrilled to have captured the signature of one of the brightest new talents in speedway. We are all looking forward to meeting the fans and telling them what we've got lined up for the new season. The last few weeks since we took over and got the go-ahead to race have been a whirlwind. But the excitement is starting to grow now, and things are starting to fall into place, so now we can't wait to finalise the rest of the team and get the season underway.”

He continued, “Myself, Chris and Kevin have already worked long and hard to make a success of the venture and we are determined to make it work on all levels and deliver the professional set-up the club deserve. We'll also be talking about the Speedway Academy we are setting up at West Row, which from a personal point of view, is something I can't wait to get started. It would be great if we discovered a future British Number One at Mildenhall.”

National League co-ordinator Peter Morrish will also be attending on Saturday keen to explain why the league originally vetoed the Fen Tigers joining the league under Steve Ribbons leadership, before the 11th hour acceptance of the Louis, Lee and Jolly promotion. “Whatever supporters think about what happened earlier this winter we could never have got off the ground again without Peter's help and belief in what we are doing, so we are delighted he's asked to come on Saturday,” said Lee. He added, “All in all it promises to be a great night. We hope the meeting will be packed for what we believe will be the start of something special for Mildenhall."

Wonder who this new rider is then :s

Mildenhall now have their new website up and running:

www.mildenhallfentigers.co

Love the "Tiger paws" against the sub-headings!

Looks pretty good :D

Looks pretty good :D

Good looking site.

Well thought out pricing for the current economic climate too.

Roll on Saturday.

Good looking site.

Well thought out pricing for the current economic climate too.

Roll on Saturday.

Thanks for the postitive comments so far.

What do you think of the new logo?

Regards

Nikko

What do you think of the new logo?

Good looking site, and the logo's perfect cool.gif

My one criticism would be the picture used for the heading. The rider behind the lettering should be cropped out.